Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Frusterating Mod Conflict

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaphisto86
12-18-2005, 7:36 PM
I am currentley struggling with a dillemma involving Archer's Darth Bandon Robe Mod (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17157.html) and Redhawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5448.html). I have already discussed my silly problem with Archer via e-mail but couldn't get both mods to work properly with each other. The dillemma is that when I use install the appearance.2da file from the WithBandonRobes subfolder in Archer's mod both Redhawke's Revan robe (hood but no mask) is replaced with Bandon's robe and the Sith governer's silver one replaces the in-game Revan robe. The masked Revan is the only one still present. The appearance.2da file from the WithRevanRobe subfolder Redhawke's Revan model replaces the Bandon robe.

It is odd since I had the two mods working before a few days ago. I must have done something or deleted a file that caused this to happen. I have replaced mod files, deleted them and reinstalled them and even uninstalled KOTOR and started fresh (though I saved my save games). Im sure those two mods are compatible but something is awry. I use other mods that have appearance 2da files but I usually download them before Archer and Redhawke's item mods.

Any solutions would be appreciated.... PLEASE HELP!!! :crybaby:

P.S. Should I list what mods I use?
 RedHawke
12-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Sorry, but you could have never had the 2 mods working side by side.

See, my mod uses the same "body model slot" as Archers Mod does, both mods use the Revan Robe model slot, I put in the Cutscene Revan Robe Model, he used the Bandon Model, so they are incompatable. This is the curse of using and making KotOR Mods, some mods will never be able to work together. So no matter what you will have to have either Revan's Robes from my mod or Bandon's Robes from Archer's, you cannot have both.

You will have to choose one mod or the other... they will never be able to "work" together.

Just a heads up, I am currently working on remaking my 3 item mods and possibly my recruit mod using the Patcher by stoffe -mkb- so the headaches of merging them with other mods 2da files will be a thing of the past :D, even still there will be mods that will not work with my stuff, like in the instance above. Also, and I won't go into detail here, but I will offer no assistance in any way dealing with Archer's Mods... sorry.
 DarthMaphisto86
12-19-2005, 1:42 PM
Gee that sucks... I got both working smoothly until something during the game caused this to happen. *sigh* I like BOTH mods the same... :duel: So it isin't possible to use those two mods together.... damn. I wonder how I got both to work then? It worked until after I left Kooriban and got captured by the Leviathan. I don't get that...
 RedHawke
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Gee that sucks...
[Politician Voice] Well, you cannot blame me for this problem. [/Politician Voice]

This is solely the blame of Archer who's failure to properly contact me before he released his stuff helped to cause this type of problem. Which is why I said what I did above about helping with his mods... sorry, but this is a case where communication between us would have saved people like yourself some pain or confusion. (You aren't the only one, believe me!)
 Emperor Devon
12-20-2005, 12:00 AM
I say delete Archer's mods. All he does is steal other mods, or make ones anyone with KotOR tool can make in a few minutes.
 JediKnight707
12-20-2005, 12:47 AM
make ones anyone with KotOR tool can make in a few minutes.

HEY!!! I do the samething!!! Wait...
Page: 1 of 1