Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How so you start a boot vote?

Page: 1 of 1
 Murf
12-17-2005, 1:49 AM
How do you start a boot vote?

I hate the intentional TKers. I got on board a troop transport that was full and this jerk named "adopt me!!" went the wrong way around our capital ship, then typed that he was going to ram the ship and kill us all. So he wasted about 2 minutes of our time, killed us, and laughed about it. Then proceeded to tell us how he likes to shoot down allies ships.

These jerks suck so bad at the game that they have to TK. To bad there isn't a way to mark these intentional TKs so they would be punished somehow.
 TSR
12-17-2005, 4:45 AM
I hate that as well... Yhe ebst way to deal with it is to leave the game and just start your own, and if any THers join then just boot them. Thats what i do anyway
 zerted
12-17-2005, 8:08 AM
You can always play with frendly fire off. To boot someone, select their name in the player list. If a vote to boot button shows up at the bottom of the screen, you can vote to boot the person. There are a couble of choices you have when giving a reason to boot the player.
 Murf
12-20-2005, 6:41 PM
You say IF there is a "Vote to boot" button. Is this a server option that is on or off?
I don't remember this button when I looked on the player list the time I wanted to vote.
 MachineCult
12-20-2005, 6:58 PM
You do get some freaky losers on online multiplayer, it's almost like the imdb.com boards sometimes.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-20-2005, 9:40 PM
To start a boot vote just bring up the player list ("TAB" I think) select the players name and the reason you want to boot the kid. That should bring up the "vote to boot" for all the other players.

It's alot easier to get rid of annoying Team killers and harrassers in this version, just press F1, instead of scrolling through the whole list. Even with TK off they seem to still find ways to be annoying, like the afore mentioned crashing a ship full of teamates into a wall...
 deamonomic
12-20-2005, 9:52 PM
well if you cant boot someone its cause their
a) on the other team
b) the game host
 zerted
12-21-2005, 12:11 AM
You say IF there is a "Vote to boot" button. Is this a server option that is on or off?...
Just as deamonomic says, you can't boot members of the oppsite team. That is why I added the "If".
 Murf
12-21-2005, 4:28 PM
Just as deamonomic says, you can't boot members of the oppsite team. That is why I added the "If".

When you say boot, I take it you mean "Vote to boot". In my case I wanted to vote to boot a "team member" and I use that term losely. Does both teams get to vote on the raised vote or just the team that raised it?
 zerted
12-21-2005, 5:55 PM
I believe only the team who starts the booting may vote yes or no for that boot.
 Fate's Decision
12-22-2005, 11:39 PM
(You have to admit though, TK only servers are pretty fun.)
Page: 1 of 1