Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rewards.

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-16-2005, 1:55 AM
How do the rewards work?
How do you earn them and how do you know if you have earned them?
Some sound like rpgish stats, do those stack or are they one time only?
 TSR
12-16-2005, 4:29 AM
Well, you need 4 medals in each award stat to advance to veteran level from green. This then means that if you earn the award in another level, you keep the Award (say elite rifle for the frenzy medals) for up to 30 seconds/until you die. You then need about 20 medals (so i think) to advance to Elite. That means once you have the award in a game, you keep it for the rest of the game. When you get 64(again, i think) You earn legendary status, where you keep the award permanently. To actually gain access to the weapons, you need to switch the weapons twice to recieve the award. I reccomend getting the gunslinger up to legendary, as it makes the snipers and rocketers much more useful when they have a decent secondary weapon

Hope that helps!
 PoiuyWired
12-16-2005, 1:36 PM
also, endurance is a must for Spys...

then again if you can't get that award you should seriously need some practice.
 zerted
12-16-2005, 2:45 PM
All awards do not stack. Damage increase (red) about doubles the damage you deal to others. Damage reduction (greenish) about halfs the damage you recieve. Renegeration (blue) regenerates your health. Award Energy Regen regenerates your stamina (at a greater rate then the Bothan Spy's invisiblity drains it!). Everytime you get an award, it will show up as a yellow text chat message. On how to get awards, click on each award in your player stats and it will show a description of how to get it.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks dudes, I've been working on them a little bit (earning them is a little bit more enjoyable than following the story:D) I was spreading it around, but focused mainly on gunslinger, one thing I found out is that once you have the award pistol you can't actually use it to raise your gunslinger level, so once you get it you have to die and start over to start leveling again.
 TSR
12-17-2005, 5:00 AM
Thats why if you get that medal, try to get the frenzy award,and if you still get that within the same life, switch to sniper to get marksman award. And if you are still alive switch to smuggler/engineer to get shotgun/slicing award. And then maybe even go to rocket man/vanguard to get demolition. And by then you should have endurance, guardian and war hero so respawn. Thats how i do it anyway. Its also best to earn the rewards when not playing online, because the amount of times i was 1 kill off getting a medal and some random player decides to run up behindme and kill me or snipe me is quite frustrating. That help anymore?
 zerted
12-17-2005, 8:12 AM
You do not want to have war hero when attempting to get demolition. It just blows up the vehicles faster, leaving you with less critical hits per vehicle.
 PoiuyWired
12-17-2005, 2:31 PM
Read my Guide to Awards, it helps alot. Also check out the strategy section on the 2 hour demolition thing.

Persionally I think you should do demolition award separate... easier that way, and faster.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-19-2005, 3:27 PM
Yeah, I've started cycling through every class before going kamikaze.
What is the point of the guided rocket? It has absolutely no splash damaged, and only works well on turrets. It seems like a glorified sniper rifle.
And I don't think the beam rifle is worht much, if you have the skill to hit headshots then the basic rifle gives you a much higher kill rate???
 zerted
12-20-2005, 9:38 AM
What is the point of the guided rocket? It has absolutely no splash damaged, and only works well on turrets. It seems like a glorified sniper rifle.
And I don't think the beam rifle is worht much, if you have the skill to hit headshots then the basic rifle gives you a much higher kill rate???
The faster the guided rocket goes, the more damage (and a bigger splash damage radius) it will cause. I'm not sure how you think its a glorified sniper rifle? The guided rocket can be driven around the map after you launch it. It has all the tricks of a space fighter. It is really had to hit a single unit with it. Hoth is a good map to use it. You can stay in the hanger and still hit the AT-Ats when they are across the map.

I agree about the sniper rifle. If you are good at headshots, don't use the beam rifle. The beam rifle causes more damage per extended hit (you can swipe it across the battlefield and damage a few units at a time, but its not much damage). Its better at closer ranges.
 PoiuyWired
12-20-2005, 3:03 PM
Well, first of all, the gockets are EXTRA SHOTS of 4 rockets that DOES NOT replace the Rocket Launcher. So its free toy, as oppose to other weapon upgrades. You fly the gockets like piloting a spacecraft, and the faster the impact speed the bigger BooM. You can Boost like a 'craft, so make sure you boost before impact, you can also air brake to make a better aim/turn.

It may not be as useful as the regular rockets but its useful at long range Machine Trashing.

Oh, Do Rage Buff and the WarHero (Amplified Damage) Award stack?
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Heh, I finally figured out that it uses fighter controls (Should've checked here sooner;))
What I meant by the sniper crack was that if you don't know that it can accelerate then your only chance of doing damage is a direct hit (and that doesn't always do it)
I do like the splash damage though, you get war heros in a matter of seconds:D
The downside of the splash damage is that you rack up TK's if you get to trigger happy. The best strategy I've seen for it is to find out where the highest concentrations of new spawners are, camp an ammo droid, and don't stop firing.

The beam rifle also has trouble hitting static targets??? I've had direct headshots on stupid AI's with no damage, and direct center of torso shots with no damage.
 zerted
12-22-2005, 10:54 PM
All awards that do the same thing don't stack.

The beam rifle can't hit heads. I have yet to get a head shot using the beam rifle and I've tried.
 Fate's Decision
12-22-2005, 11:29 PM
There's one award that you get if you hit a vehicle 4 times with a rocket launcher, but I've done that several times before and I've never got an award.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
It's not 4 hits, it's four Critical hits.
There are some locations on most(?) vehicles that when hit take much more damage.
Try this, play the tutorial, until you get the heavy weapons class, then aim start shooting the spider walkers, right where the legs attach to the sphere, that's it's weak area, if you stand up on the sniping ridge you shouldn't take too much damage and can practice as long as you want, just keep shooting at the shoulder joints, and sometimes you'll notice that a hit will take down somewhere around a quarter of it's health (maybe a little more maybe a little less) if you have the walker targeted (this will bring up its health bar) you should be able to see your results, this massive damage is called a critical hit, if you can get four of them in one life you'll get a demolition bonus and be able to use guided rockets until you die.
It may take a while to hit it in just the right spot, just be patient, using the scope helps if it's standing still.
Hope that helps:)
 zerted
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
All vehicles have critical hit locations. No matter what weapon you are using, a critical hit should be displayed differently on your crosshair than a standard hit. You can spam a vehicle with blaster fire to find the critical hit locations. All units have a critical hit location too (head).
 Fate's Decision
12-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh, like that jagged circle thing that appears on your target when you get a head shot?
 PoiuyWired
12-23-2005, 4:20 PM
Yes!

To minimize rocket usage, you can find the sweet spot for critical by slinging that up-to-no-good pistol.

And, once again, TURN TK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It helps alot when you are earning awards.
Page: 1 of 1