Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Freezing!!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Mystique x 2
12-14-2005, 3:22 PM
Is it the game or the xbox?

My xbox has been running great for about 1 1/2 years. I've had the occassional freeze/glitch, but nothing major. I just bought KOTOR II and it froze on the title/start up screen. I returned the game, the second one works until I try to name my character. I tried all 6 characters with quick and custom setups, and every time it froze on the name. I then went and rented the game, and it also freezes on the name.

HELP!!!!

Rachel
 TheOneMan
12-14-2005, 3:31 PM
Is it the game or the xbox?

My xbox has been running great for about 1 1/2 years. I've had the occassional freeze/glitch, but nothing major. I just bought KOTOR II and it froze on the title/start up screen. I returned the game, the second one works until I try to name my character. I tried all 6 characters with quick and custom setups, and every time it froze on the name. I then went and rented the game, and it also freezes on the name.

HELP!!!!

Rachel

I'm no technical expert, but have you tried cleaning the X-BOX?
 The Doctor
12-14-2005, 5:03 PM
It sounds like a problem with the game - I had a similar problem with the Pirates of the Carribean game.
Though if it's happened with three or four copies of the game, then it's probably the console. Try cleaning it, as TheOneMan suggested, and if that doesn't work, try clearing up some space on the harddrive.
 DarthBalls9
03-24-2006, 3:31 PM
try cleaning it or get a new x-box and if the warenty isn't expire take it back and get a new one :)
 TSR
03-25-2006, 6:55 AM
if the warranty ahs expired, an electrical screwdriver and an air blaster comes in handy.
 DarthBalls9
03-27-2006, 3:27 PM
that is right. or sell it and buy a new one.

DarthBalls9, this post is considered spam as it is essentialy repeating your earlier post, please make yourself familiar with our Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150980) before posting again. This is a help forum so chatting posts like this are not allowed, perhaps you might try Ahto Spaceport Cantina (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325) as that is our general subject off-topic forum, and chatting is permissable there. Thanks. -RH
 Canderous_ordo1
05-05-2006, 11:36 PM
hi there canderous here
there is a few thing that i know of that you could probley try it might work or it might not i got the game kotor 2 but i got a lot of memory on my system .also my sugestion is probley clear up some memory kotor 2 needs alot of memory .lets run through how to clear up memory if you diddnet know all ready turn on the game console right but dont put the disk in you will get a dashbord come up on the screen havent lost you yet then you click on the memory button go down to kotor2 this might take a while to do the next part its quite slow . delete any games you dont need or ones you have finished allready as this will clear up memory .iv got at least 50,000 blocks for memory but if you really dont want to do that there is a little device you can buy called a memory expasion pack it just goes into the control .or if that still doesent work check your disk it might be scratched or marked a scratch repair kit for about $4.00 should do it and also sometimes when a disk is unable to read the lazer that reads it could be dirty its simmular if you ever put a torch beam on the wall then blocked it with something you would not see the light no more the same thing is happing when there is dust on the lazer because of this dust the beam is reduced to not as strong because of this the game cannot load as fast as it should causeing it too freeze . this can be easily fixed with the use of a lazer lens cleaning disk and if your system is on the floor move it like into place where it cannot get dust and plus the floor can also cause static if your still haveing problems just rember im here if you want something done right
Page: 1 of 1