Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mercenary Crew: Chapter II: The Bank Job

Page: 3 of 4
 Writer
12-27-2005, 4:25 PM
"I'm a wanderer by nature," Emma answered thoughtfully. "The cap'n wanted a gunner, I signed on... best damn gunner here, too, or so the others say." She paused thoughtfully. "Don't much matter where I go. I like the ship and the people. Ship's got so much character to her... not like anything you'll find in production these days. And the crew? Quite a bunch." She smirked. "I'm sure all of us have our secrets, but we still work well together..."

She swore quietly again. "And then John has to go and get himself all... batty..." She shook her head. "Ain't supposed to happen like that."
 starmark2k
12-27-2005, 4:28 PM
"If i've learnt anything about the the galaxy, Things never happen how they are suppose to. Hell, Jace knows that better than anyone." Chase said with a sad look on his face
 Writer
12-27-2005, 5:39 PM
Emma nodded wordlessly. "Yeah, cap'n's smart... that's part of what keeps us flyin', I guess."
 starmark2k
12-28-2005, 3:59 AM
Jacen stepped out of the infirmary and saw heard Emma and Chase talking. Jacen approached them. "So what are you two talking about?" Jacen asked

"You know, Nothing important."

"You're talking about me aint ya."

"As i said nothing important." Chase said with a smile.

"Come on we dock soon and i need to talk to you first."

"Lead the way."

Jacen turned back to emma and looked at her gun "remember only if you have to."
 steven
12-28-2005, 8:29 AM
"You think you feel useless. It's my job to look after the crew of this ship. Usually I know what do but this has got me completely stumbed." She pulled out a chocolate bar and pealed off the rapper. "Hundreds of brilliant scientists have tried to find a cure and failed. Yet I hope to find a cure, I dont even have an IQ that even comes close to theres."
 ExtreamJedi12
12-28-2005, 9:39 AM
"IQ my big, hairy ass. One of my caretakers on Tatooine was a doctor working on a cure for that mineral and his IQ wasn't as big as yours." Graothar started. "He always said he was so close to the cure." He took a bite out of his sandwich(bacon, lettuce, tomato, salad dressing, pickles, salt, and oregono on sub buns). "The Sith killed him before he found a cure. He had 1 last mixture to test. He blasted it off to Onderon before he died." He took another bite outof his sandwich. "My life has always been filled with killing never done by me."
 starmark2k
12-28-2005, 2:24 PM
((ok i think we have done everything possible in this transit so lets land on the station.))

The Pheonix dropped out of hyperspace a few Klicks from the commercial space-station in deep space in the Outter-Rim. The Phoenix began to fly closer to the base.

Jacen walked into the Cockpit and took his seat as the comms console began to deep. Jacen hit the button causing a Holo-image of a twi'lek to appear.

"What is your buisness here." The Twi'lek asked in his own language.

"we are transporting an employee of Outter Rim Transports, Han slain." Jacen answered

"Ahh captain Nasai we have been expecting you, The Phoenix is cleared to dock in hanger 12... coordinates follow." The twi'lek said as the image faded.

Jacen turned to Groathar. "Earn your keep Groathar, take us in."
 ExtreamJedi12
12-28-2005, 2:48 PM
(Graothar is in the galley, starmark.)

Graothar heard Jacen and responded "OK, captain." He turned to Niomi. "I'll have to tell you more about it later, Niomi. Got to pilot the ship. If you want to learn more, meet me in my room." Graothar then ran as fast as he could to the cockpit. He sat down and started to pilot manually. He piloted the ship into the hanger with ease. "Piece of cake." he stated when he landed. He then went to his room and sat on the couch.
 Writer
12-28-2005, 8:47 PM
"Do you want me to stay here, Captain?" Emma asked, suddenly realizing that she'd let her grammar slip while speaking to Chase. "Or do you have something else in mind?"
 stingerhs
12-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Scuzzy opened his eyes as he felt the Phoenix leave hyperspace. Out of instinct, Scuzzy quickly got up to grab his tools, but this time he stumbled forward. Catching himself on the wall, Scuzzy really began to feel lightheaded. D*** booze. Gotta lay off that bloody stuff, Scuzzy thought as he grabbed his tools and headed for engineering.

Reaching into his pocket, Scuzzy grabbed an injector filled with a stimulent. Stabbing it into his leg, he winced slightly as the needles quickly emptied the stim into his blood. Putting the injector away, Scuzzy started running checks on the engines.
 starmark2k
12-29-2005, 4:03 AM
"No you'll be needed for a fitting, and some training for your infiltration." Jacen told emma as he went to the intercom. "I need all crew to meet me outside the infirmary."

Jacen then went back to his seat and started pressing buttons on the console to his left. The Front loading ramp lowerd and Jacen looked out the front wondow, Chase was walking out of the cargohold into the hanger. "He's going to get Johns stuff... Come on hoff lets go to the infirmary."
 ExtreamJedi12
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Graothar heard the message and immedatly heads to the Infirmary. He sees John and thinks "Dont worry buddy, we'll find a way to save you."
 jokemaster
12-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Kin headed to the infirmary, and leaned against a wall outside of it.
 starmark2k
12-29-2005, 4:31 PM
Jacen saw Graothar arrive and go into the infirmary closely followed by Kin who proceeded to lean against the wall. As no one was around he moved closer to Kin and began to talk quietly.

"Kin i need you to do somthing for me but you won't like it, I want to help John and i will as long as there is a breath left in my body... but i won't risk the rest of the crew. I still need four of us to go on this mission into 'the bank', I'm still sending John in. Although there is somthing else in his head he is still... well John and this drug should help him maintain control. I want you to watch him and if his other self is going to do anything that will cause serious halm to Niomi or Emma... you know what you have to do, need i say more."
 steven
12-29-2005, 4:41 PM
"What!?" Niomi shouted "Are you serious!? We cant risk our own lifes or his by sending him with us. God knows what will happen!"
 starmark2k
12-29-2005, 4:49 PM
Jacen turned his head and saw Niomi standing yeah. "Damn It Niomi you have got to stop being so sneaky." Jacen proceeded to turn the rest of his body and stepped forward to talk forcefully. "Look this is my ship and i'm the captain what i say goes. John will be fine if you make sure he gets the drugs he needs while on the mission. I'm tusting you with this, it's more important than any other part of this mission. Now you're not going to let me down, Are you."
 steven
12-29-2005, 4:57 PM
"What if the drugs dont work? What if something goes wrong? What if the virus is passed to another twi'lek? What if he kills us!? This all seems a bit risky for just some stupid stone."
 starmark2k
12-29-2005, 5:05 PM
"There is always a risk of somthing going wrong... Hell thats half the fun of doing job... And we both know this thing is not a virus, hense not contageous... And If the drug don't work the condition is in its early stages so John is mostly in control anyway... And Kin will be watching John like an Acclay, He tries anything he'll be the dead one... But you will help prevent any of this from happening, Are we clear." Jacen said in an almost threatening mannor.
 ExtreamJedi12
12-29-2005, 5:31 PM
"Geez, calm down, Captain." Graothar started. "You guys will be having all of the fun. What am I supposed to do before you get out with the stone and loot, shoot asteroids?"
 steven
12-29-2005, 5:50 PM
"No Graother.. your just ment to fly around the asteroids while the gunners.." She said in a joking manner when something accurd to her "What if we are attacked? Can you two handel the guns?" She said looking at Chase and Jacen
 jokemaster
12-29-2005, 7:48 PM
Kin looked at John, and nodded reluctantly. "I'll do it."
 starmark2k
12-30-2005, 4:42 AM
((chase isn't here at the moment))

"look we'll sort out all the details later... When chase gets back and we are Told exactly how this is suppose to go down" Jacen Explained looking around for Scuzzy and Emma.
 Writer
12-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Emma walked up to the group. "Captain, would you mind telling me exactly how this job is going to work?" she whispered into his ear. "The more I think about it, the less I like it."
 starmark2k
12-31-2005, 4:36 AM
Chase clmbed up the ladder near the Infirmary and walked up towards The group he approached Jacen while carrying a metalic case.

"There are seven viles of the stuff, it can be put into a standard injector. One taken once a day, need to be injected into the main artery in the neck." Chase explained as he handed the Niomi the case and turned to Jacen. "The shuttle for onderon is preped and almost ready for your people to leave. We just need to get the fake I.Ds looking real and give then the work uniforms. There has been a problem however." Chase looked around the group. "can we talk somewhere more private?"

"Sure." Jacen said as he led the way down to the hanger. Once they arrived they stood by the front loading ramp. "So whats gone wrong?"

"The ship transporting the explosives and the rest of that drug you guys need has been misplaced."

"What."

"It was en-route here when we picked up a distress signal, they were attacked. Now we can get the explosives in time for when the phoenix has to leave, but as for the drug. It's not that common it has a single use and as the condition is extreamly rear it's not mass prodused. We cleared out the only two suppliers in the outer-rim,We can't get anymore for at least 3 months." Chase explained

Jacen thought for a few moments "Were was the last known location of the attacked ship."

"Major you can't go after it, It's proberly been destroyed."

"I'm going."

"Jacen What happened to John wasn't your fault."

"It happened while he was under my command. That makes it my responsibility."

Chase thought for a few moments. "This isn't about now is it, None of us saw it coming you have to stop blaming your self."

"I should have stopped it."

"Damn it major, It isn't your fault she died."

"Get off my ship." Jacen said with anger in his voice.

Chase began to walk away and without turning he shouted. "It's not your fault!"
 steven
12-31-2005, 5:54 AM
"Okay. Do you mind telling us what the hell is going on? Who's "she" and whats with calling the captain "major"? I think we have a right to know if it's going to interfer with this mission"
 starmark2k
12-31-2005, 6:03 AM
((OOC: Has anyone seen or heard from Killwithhonor. Also chase has left the ship and won't be in the rest of the RP other than in flash backs.))

"It's none of you concern, and it won't." Jacen said as he walked pass the group towards his room. "Fix up john then covert team go to hanger 3 you'll pick up your uniforms and IDs there. Groathar, Scuzzy prep the ship for launch and get us to the black once kin, John, Niomi and Emma have left, head on bearings two four point 0ne six nine point three three. when we pick up a distress call, come get me i'll be in my room." Jacen ordered as he continued into his room."
 Writer
01-01-2006, 2:17 AM
"Notice he said when, not if," Emma muttered, heading for her own room.
 starmark2k
01-01-2006, 7:09 AM
Jacen it the mag-lock on his door so he wouldn't be disturbed, He knew the crew would follow his orders as they had all been with him for at least a month. Jacen moved towards his bed and sat down on the edge plasing his hands over his head. Although it was nice to see his old friend chase, it came with heartache and the memory of times he'd rather forget.

**On a world covered in trees and swamp seven soliers and a jedi walked through a path. The Soldiers were wearing camoflarged armour and walking spread along the edge of the path. At the front of the group was chase, carrying a sniper rifle and stayying close to the floor examining the ground. Behind him was the cearean Jedi, Te-son'aka, leading the scout team, Behind him walked Jacen followed a twi'lek comms officer by the name of Lieutenant Zezva. Behind him was the large human, freeman, carrying a heavy repeater cannon. Next in line was private Phoenix and the female Zabrak Cist, Last in line was another human male San-solo.

The troops were the scout team sent infront of the rest of the platoon to find a good drop point for the ships. They moved slowly untill chase stopped and signalled to the rest to do the same. Jacen and the jedi moved towards chase. "There are alot of tracks here, looks like mandalorian boots, They vary in age, I think this is a patrol line."

As they stood examining the track a blaster shot flew from nowhere impacting infront of chase. He shouted a curse in twi'lek and ran backwards to some cover created by an old fallen log. Almost everyone made it behind the tree as more shots came flying towards them. "call in our situation, get us some support." Jacen shouted at Zezvu.

"where's Phoenix?" Cist asked. Jacen looked around and couldn't see her, He raised his head slowly from behind the log. He saw the private pinned down on the other side of the path. Thats when he also saw a granade land just behind her. Without thinking jacen jumped up shooting his rifle wildly into the wilderness, He dived over the path and grabbed Pheonix pulling her away from the blast. They quickly found themself standing on wooden planks covered by the folidge, but the wood couldn't take both theirr weight and fell through.**
 ExtreamJedi12
01-01-2006, 11:43 AM
(Do you guys mind if I start a sort of side story for Graothar?)

Graothar did as he was told and went to start up the ship. When he got to the cockpit, he sat down and cheaked the radar. A small dot was blinking in space. Graothar looked at it closer. He read the label of the ship and turned pale. "He can't be here. Not now." he said in a worried voice. "He'll want revenge. I won't be able to defeat him if he's back now. Durge is going to kill me." He ran into his room and dived under a blanket.
 steven
01-01-2006, 12:17 PM
((I dont really think the the crew of the Pheniox could possibly ake any more trouble))

Niomi saw Graothar dart into his room without even closing the door. "Graothar?" She said as she saw Graothar hiding under a blacket. She walked up to him and knelt down beside him "Graothar? Is something wrong or are you feeling cold?"
 ExtreamJedi12
01-01-2006, 2:49 PM
Graothar heard Niomi and came out of the blanket. "It's not that." he said in a scared voice. "A guy I messed with years ago is in the sector. His name is Durge. He's an unstopable bounty hunter with a nasty attitude to match. He tried to kill me once when I had a bounty on my head for not giving someone the money I owed them. He seemed weak. I was wrong."
 starmark2k
01-01-2006, 2:58 PM
((o.k I'll tell everyone what should happen in the rest of the thread... Kin, Niomi, Emma and john(i'll control him untill honor returns). are to leave for onderon. you you can do what you want on the planet for a bit while Jacen, scuzzy and graothar go to the attacked ship, it'll be derilict we board, find mandalorians are there we get into a tussel. While this happens K,N,E&Jo need to take a transport ship to the bank, Once there you have to get to the command center and wait for the phoenix arrival, when you deactivate defences and open the space door (if a fight happens thats cool.). From there Ja,G&S will go get the stone, While K,N,E&Jo go take a load of credits from some vault. We rendevous at the phoenix and escape chased by fighters... the end. Hope thats cool with everyone, in the case kill with honor dosen't turn up we may have to kill him off or have him institutionlised in the gap between this chapter and what will be stringerhs.)
 starmark2k
01-03-2006, 1:27 PM
((o.k i'll take John so we can get to the main part of the story.))
John had taken a vile of the inhibiter drug, and walked out of the infirmary and into his room. After grabbing what equipment he needed he headed out down to the lower ship level. John hit the intercom buttom. "Niomi, Emma, Kin. You heard the cap'n we need to get moving."
 steven
01-03-2006, 1:54 PM
"We're waiting in the cargo area for you john"said Niomi and pressed the off botten on the intercom. She turned to Kin and Emma and said "I still don't think this is a good idea."

(I dont think we should kill John incase killwithhonor comes back. Maybe just make him gravelly injured))
 Writer
01-03-2006, 2:02 PM
((I say don't even injure him. Send him off to a place where they'll isolate him and try to figure a way to treat him.))

"I don't think any of this is a good idea," Emma answered. "But the Captain orders, we perform. So here I am."
 starmark2k
01-03-2006, 2:12 PM
((It could make an interesting side story for the whole crew. Us trying to cure him. If kill returns or not.))

"Look i've been on this crew longer than all you guys here, And this is the best plan i've heard... ever. It can go wrong but when was the last time a mission didn't we either end up with a jedi, chased by the sith, or being shot at by a crime boss." John paused suddenly and shook his head. His eyes closed and his hand began to twitch then it stopped. "or all of the above."
 steven
01-03-2006, 2:17 PM
"John you joined the crew a week before I did.. And your the most injury prone I might add... This plan is far from the best but still, if this works the crew of the Phoenix are going up in galaxy! So let's not screw this up"
 starmark2k
01-03-2006, 2:20 PM
"oh come on if things go to plan no one will know we did it, All sensors will be down and we are going to be under differant names for the next couple of days. All we will get out of this is alot of creds... I love this job."
 steven
01-03-2006, 3:26 PM
"John. Nothing this big goes exactly as planned. No one was ment to die during the shootout and we ended up returning a corpse of the jedi to coruscant. Something bad going to happen. I bet 20 credits on it"
 starmark2k
01-04-2006, 4:25 PM
"I'll take that, Come on let's go. We don't want to hold the phoenix up any longer." John turned around and walked out the ship followed by the others. "Groathar, scuzzy we're off the ship."
 ExtreamJedi12
01-05-2006, 4:49 PM
Graothar walked to the loading ramp and got out."Scuzzy, we're waiting for you."
 stingerhs
01-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Scuzzy shook his head for a moment to finish staking off the last of the hangover. Making sure he had everything he needed, he headed for the loading ramp. "All right, lets make like we got a purpose."
 Writer
01-06-2006, 12:49 AM
"Something bad always happens," Emma said, trying to sound light-hearted. With a fake grin, she added, "It's what makes it more fun!"
 ExtreamJedi12
01-06-2006, 6:38 AM
(I just have to add this.)

"I have a bad feeling about this."
 starmark2k
01-07-2006, 1:30 PM
Jacen Walked down the ladder to the rest of the Crew he looked around then walked over to John. "good luck."

He then turned around and hit the loading ramp controls. "O.k groathar get us to the black."
 Writer
01-07-2006, 1:34 PM
"Well good idea or no, time ain't stoppin'," Emma said, relaxing her speech to what she was once familiar with. She smiled thoughtfully as the change in speech seemed to give her a little more confidence in herself. Perhaps it hadn't been such a good idea to teach herself proper grammar, she told herself. "We'd best be movin'."
 starmark2k
01-07-2006, 2:11 PM
John turned to Emma "miss Hoff has a point. The shuttle ride will take a flew hours and we don't want to miss our que." He turned and began walking to the shuttle.
 ExtreamJedi12
01-07-2006, 3:06 PM
Graothar walked back in and before the ramp closed he said "May the Force be with you." He then got back into the cocpit and took off. "I should've gone with them instead of John." Graothar stated. "He's bound to turn into that 'evil' guy and turn on Niomi and Emma."
 starmark2k
01-07-2006, 3:13 PM
Jacen walked behind groathar and took his seat next to him. "No offence but a wookie would stand out like a saw thumb. We need people who can fade in, Also we need our expert pilot to navigate the asteroid field." He looked down at the nav chart. "O.k stay encourse it shouldn't be two long before we pick up a distress signal."
 ExtreamJedi12
01-07-2006, 5:25 PM
"Aye aye, captain." Graothar told him. He took a look at the radar. He seen Durge's dot move closer to the ship. "Better find that signel soon. Otherwise, we're deader then a human streaking on Mustafar."
Page: 3 of 4