Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where do you want to go in KotOR3?

Page: 1 of 4
 Darth Windu
12-14-2005, 2:48 AM
Title says it all. I'm guessing 99.99% of KotOR fans will want to go to Coruscant, but where else do you want to travel, and why? I would like to see

- Coruscant
Why? It's Coruscant. Enough said.

- Sleheyron
Cut from KotOR, I would like to go and take a look around. Actually, it would be fun if you could find the remaining Star Map there. After all, there should have been six star maps found, as seen in the 'Life' and 'Death' seals in the Dantooine ruins. They corresponded to
- Plains - Dantooine
- Arboreal - Kashyyyk
- Aquatic - Manaan
- Barren - Korriban
- Desert - Tatooine
- Volcanic - Slehyron

What does everyone else want to see?
 Ztalker
12-14-2005, 6:54 AM
Coruscant is a must.
Kreia hinted so obvious to Coruscant. The Exile was judged there, i think its one of the places that needs to be visited.
Also, an enormous interactive battlefield would be nice, like the first scenes of Kotor 1, with all the NPC's fighting. That might be somewhere on a Outer Rim world..

Also, Tattooine should be visited, as you suggested. I still think there's something there that must be done. I haven't seen enough of it ;)
 JediMaster12
12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I would definitely like to see Telos again, see how it fared after Citadel Station was nearly lost.
 Venom750
12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
- Plains - Dantooine Arboreal - Kashyyyk
- Aquatic - Manaan
- Barren - Korriban
- Desert - Tatooine
- Volcanic - Slehyron

I never got that thats good to know. I'd also like to see an interative battlefield like Genosis where everyone fighting plus i like to see mustafar i'm curious to see how it would look in KOTOR and i also like to see kasyyke(wookie homeworld) again
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 6:12 PM
Well sure Mustafar would be good to see, but other than the remains of the separatist final base as seen in Ep. 3, that place is pretty uninhabited as far as I know. In my opinion, I'd like to see Coruscant or yoda's home planet which I forget the name of it and his species name as well.
 RobQel-Droma
12-17-2005, 6:25 PM
Yoda's species name is "Gre'enmidj'et", and his home planet is "Gre'enmidj." Thanks to whoever thought that up first, I can't remember who it was. :lol: Nobody knows what they are called or where they are from, Darca Lar. Here is my list:

Coruscant (optional)
Dantooine
Korriban
Ossus
Telos
Raxus Prime
Yavin IV

Then several planets in the Unknown Regions, a.k.a. "Unknown Planets."
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 8:15 PM
I found it on a website containing potential trilogy movies and such created by one of the actors, it had the planet's name in one of the movie summaries by George Lucas. The hyperlink is: http:www.supershadow.com/)
 RobQel-Droma
12-17-2005, 9:00 PM
Ummm... Your joking, right? That is site is a complete rip-off.

(SuperShadow: Lucas says that Luke Skywalker told Anakin the secret of vanishing at death and coming back as a spirit on the shuttle ride from the Death Star to the Endor Moon.)

Anakin was DEAD before he was even in the shuttle, he died as Luke talked to him on the Death Star. The site is completely false.
 The Doctor
12-17-2005, 9:15 PM
I think he was making a joke...
I hope he making a joke....
Anyway, I'd like to see Coruscant, as well as Yavin IV. Leave out Korriban and Dantooine - they've gotten boring.
 RobQel-Droma
12-17-2005, 9:19 PM
If he wasn't making a joke, then, Darca Lar:

Don't trust that site, it is a bunch of lies. There is no "Episode 7-9" (yet), and nothing else on that site is true. If you just look at it, there a several contradictions in what the guy is saying (like my example above).
 The Doctor
12-17-2005, 9:27 PM
There isn;t even a "yet". They will not be made. Lucas has said as much. It will not happen. Supershadow is a loser. His site is full of crap.
 Jamps
12-17-2005, 9:30 PM
I'd like to see Polis Massa
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-17-2005, 9:30 PM
All right, my list of planets:

Coruscant: Why? Where the liberation or the enslaving of the Galaxy will take place.
Onderon: So many things could be put for this planet. I think that it has an important role here.
Mannan: Out of no apparent reason, but still an important asset.
Dantooine: Simple: It's there
Nar Shadaa: Out of no reason, I just like it
Tattooine: Bring it back, it's important.
Kasshyyk: I don't care if they bring it or forget it.
Korriban: Simple: It's there
Delaria: I am just curious to see how it's like
Corelia: Please
Ryloth: Homeworld of the Twi'Lek's I wonder how it looks like
Rhen Var: It could play an important role there
Ziost: The place where either the saviour or the doom of the Galaxy will take place
Bakura: I just like it that's all.

I hope my list wasn't too big.
 Arбtoeldar
12-17-2005, 9:43 PM
Definately
Yavin IV
Dagobah
Coruscant

Slehyron - After reading what a Bioware developer had written in the Carth dark romance thread over at Bioware's forum.

Telos - to see the Academy and how the restoration zone are coming along

No more please
Dantoonie
Korriban
 RobQel-Droma
12-17-2005, 9:46 PM
Hmm, long list Vlad. I like Ryloth and Rhen Var, perhaps better than Raxus Prime. I don't want to see Manaan, though, unless it is just a cutscene of it. I don't want it as an actual full-size planet.
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 9:55 PM
Yea, Manaan isnt all that interesting, it was cool to see, but having it to explore doesnt seem all that fun to me. I just cant see it having any use in any future KOTOR games.
 stingerhs
12-17-2005, 9:56 PM
okay, here ya go:
Sleyheron
Coruscant
Corellia
Ryloth
Yavin IV

Korriban wouldn't be a bad inclusion as long as we get some new areas. otherwise, leave it out, please.
 90SK
12-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Manaan (new areas, naturally) as a starting planet, like Telos or Taris. Same with Korriban: the ending sequence should involve Korriban and Couruscant, like Malachor and Dantooine in K2.

So, along those lines:

Korriban
Coruscant
Yavin IV
Corellia (and other planets in that system)
Dothomir
Manaan (maybe)
Alderaan
Ziost
Assorted Space stations / ships
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Yavin IV doesnt seem like a bad idea, but what would it look like since this is set in the Old Republic, would the temple be there?
 Jae Onasi
12-17-2005, 11:09 PM
My list, in no particular order, and not necessarily all being used:
Coruscant
Onderon (to follow up on the Queen/Vaklu stuff)
Telos
Yavin
Corellia
A new Sith world (or something really different on Korriban)
A Mandalorian planet?
Unknown region planets
Some cool unknown region ship/station
 Darth Windu
12-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Yep. In KotOR when you go to the Yavin IV space station, the Rodian there tells you about the 'recent' Exar Kun war. Jolee also mentions it in relation to his wife.
 RobQel-Droma
12-18-2005, 12:14 AM
^Yes, even though KotOR is 4000 years before the movies, there is still a few millenia to go back before there is no temples. Well, adding to Ryloth and Rhen Var, I'd also like to see the Mandalorian homeplanet, Mandaloria or something.

As for Coruscant, as I said before, I don't really care actually. But I think it would be nice to have the Taris-type kind of planet, except a lot better. If not Coruscant, then maybe Corellia or another similar planet.
 jerrome1966
12-18-2005, 11:40 AM
The Outer Rim to find Revan and stop the Sith.
 Emperor Devon
12-18-2005, 12:53 PM
^Yes, even though KotOR is 4000 years before the movies, there is still a few millenia to go back before there is no temples.

The temples existed then. Naga Sadow had them built about 1,000 years before KOTOR.

The only planets that I think are necessary to go to are Coruscant and some other worlds controlled by the True Sith. It seems that people are forgetting that there'll be a hug war going on - and assuming you're playing as Revan or the Exile, why would you waste time on backwater worlds like Tatooine?

Coruscant, I believe is a required location. Considering how it is the capital of the Republic, why wouldn't the True Sith attack it?
 Darca Lar
12-18-2005, 2:39 PM
Yea i think weve seen enough of tatooine, theres too many stories there too make it seem like a backwater planet, it seems more like the center of the whole freakin galaxy...so to speak...
 RobQel-Droma
12-18-2005, 4:11 PM
The temples existed then. Naga Sadow had them built about 1,000 years before KOTOR.

Yeah, I know. That is what I was saying.
 Darth Windu
12-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Really? I thought from the 'Jedi Academy' books and what the Rodian said in KotOR that the temples were built by Exar Kun say around 20 years before KotOR?

Coruscant, I believe is a required location. Considering how it is the capital of the Republic, why wouldn't the True Sith attack it?
Which is, of course, one of the reasons everyone wants it in the game. :)

and assuming you're playing as Revan or the Exile, why would you waste time on backwater worlds like Tatooine?
Why would Revan in his.her attempt to save/destroy the galaxy bother with a backwater like Tatooine? Why would Qui-Gon Ginn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, on a mission to get to Coruscant, bother with a backwater like Tatooine? Why would high0ranking Rebels including the last Jedi bother with a backwater like Tatooine?

there'll be a hug war going on
ROFL - at least its good to know there's free love in the Star Wars galaxy ;)
 Emperor Devon
12-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Really? I thought from the 'Jedi Academy' books and what the Rodian said in KotOR that the temples were built by Exar Kun say around 20 years before KotOR?

Exar Kun existed 40 years before KOTOR. Yes, Exar Kun did build more temples and add on to the old ones, but the originals had been built long before he arrived.

Why would Revan in his.her attempt to save/destroy the galaxy bother with a backwater like Tatooine?

Errr... Do you remeber KotOR's storyline? :eyeraise: Because one of the Star Maps was there.

Why would Qui-Gon Ginn and Obi-Wan Kenobi, on a mission to get to Coruscant, bother with a backwater like Tatooine?

Because they needed a new hyperdrive, and Tatooine was the nearest planet that was not controlled by the Trade Federation.

Why would high0ranking Rebels including the last Jedi bother with a backwater like Tatooine?

By the last Jedi, do you mean Obi-Wan or Luke?

Obi-Wan went there because it was backwater, and was an excellent hiding place.

Luke was taken there before he turned one, so he really didn't have much choice in the matter...

Just because all that happened on Tatooine does not mean it should be in KOTOR III. Unlike in the circumstances I listed above, Tatooine is not needed.
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Errr... Do you remeber KotOR's storyline? Because one of the Star Maps was there.

Errr... Do you know what KotOR III's storyline will be too? :)

Because they needed a new hyperdrive, and Tatooine was the nearest planet that was not controlled by the Trade Federation.

But why didn't Lucas have them go to Corellia, or Sleheyron? He sent them to Tatooine.

But even with all that said... NO Tatooine, or Manaan...

So, here is a second renovated list:

EDIT: Deleted it, it is in a new post now with a few new ones.

And perhaps a cutscene of HK and Mustafar, to tie things in with Galaxies... Just a thought...
 Emperor Devon
12-20-2005, 3:19 AM
Errr... Do you know what KotOR III's storyline will be too? :)

No, I do not. I thought Darth Windu was asking why Revan went there in KotOR I.

But why didn't Lucas have them go to Corellia, or Sleheyron? He sent them to Tatooine.

Because if he sent them there, fans would have been disappointed at a lack of locations from the original trilogy.

And perhaps a cutscene of HK and Mustafar, to tie things in with Galaxies... Just a thought...

Galaxies is absolute s**t. It's not necessary to connect the two. Galaxies is just like the NJO series: Stupid, and in my opinion, not really a part of the Star Wars universe.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-20-2005, 7:47 AM
Oh and one more thing:

Yavin 4: Possible location of the Rebellion Headquarters. The Rebellion which fights against the Sith Empire. And you could start that Rebellion.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-20-2005, 9:33 AM
Of course, Coruscant.

Yavin4

Kuat drive yards

Mechis III

Ord Mantell

Corellia

Ossus

Dathomir

Alderaan

Mon Calmari

Geonosis

Naboo
 Soogz
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Here is my list:

Coruscant

Yavin IV

Mon Calamari

Unknown Worlds

Droid Factory

Mandalore

Ord Mantell

Utapau

Just a short list. More are in my mind, but those are the major ones.
 Ztalker
12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
^
|
|
|

Naboo. Would be a good one. Remember the Systech Blaster from Kotor 2? it was made on Naboo. Also, Mon Calmari could be nice. They do make the strongest ships in the Movie-times.
 RobQel-Droma
12-20-2005, 8:40 PM
Galaxies is absolute s**t. It's not necessary to connect the two. Galaxies is just like the NJO series: Stupid, and in my opinion, not really a part of the Star Wars universe.

I know that, as I said, it was "just a thought." I don't really care if they do, but it was just an idea. I doubt they will do it, though.

On another note, it would be nice to see a big ship-building place like Kuat.
 Darth Windu
12-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Having thought a bit more, my list is

- Coruscant - hopefully the biggest planet areas ever seen in a KotOR game
- Sleheyron - still want to find that 6th Star Map
- Yavin IV surface
- Corellia
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Here's my list:

Telos
Dantooine
Yavin
Unknown Worlds
Sleheyron
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 2:14 PM
Here are a couple more. I know this is getting to be a really long list, but I hope they make KotOR III pretty long anyways. BTW, deleted my earlier post, I think that this is my final list.

Major:
Wayland (could be pretty interesting)
Rhen Var (nice to have an ice planet, fairly important with tombs and statues)
Korriban (just because its part of KotOR)
Yavin IV (because of the strong DS and Sith tombs)
Mon Calamari (as a oceanic planet other than Manaan)
Mandalore (the homeplanet of the Mandalorians; why not have it?)
Ossus (its the ruins of a big Jedi place, I think it would be nice to see)
Unknown Worlds (out in the UR)

Small:
Coruscant (lets see it, but not as a major planet, just with the Council and Temple)
Ilum (maybe as a 10 minute training mission with your master- but not necessary)
Telos (check out the new Academy under Brianna, maybe)
Dantooine (again, just like Korriban. It belongs there, even if its small)

That is it- I think. There are lots of others, like Corellia, and Kuat, but I didn't include those for the worry that it might get too complex. I want the story to have some kind of flow and unity.

As for the major planets I mentioned, I think I pretty much got most of the types: ice, forest, barren, desert, plains, oceanic, etc. I like to see a some range of terrain.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 8:30 PM
...long list...
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 8:33 PM
...long game...

Hopefully, of course. But that is why I put several planets in the "small" list: although I want to see them, I don't want them to take up story-time. You could probably take out Ilum, and put Dantooine in its place in the Small list too. But the rest of the major planets I want.
 Darca Lar
12-21-2005, 8:38 PM
Mandalore would probably one of the best ones to see in the game.
 PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 8:27 PM
Corellia would be nice... and maybe Corellia becomes the new spaceship for the player? (j/k)

Rexus Prime or Sleheyron would be ... interesting.

Ryloth... While I do want to know what it really is nice, is it supposed to be a good place for a game? ... other than you get half price for Twi'Lek Dancers.

I would like to see yet another "living" greenlilpimpian (the yoda species) and probably more bout them as a whole.
 TK-674
12-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Anywhere but Dantooine. It lags beyond belief in both games.
 90SK
12-26-2005, 1:09 PM
I'd like to see Polis Massa

You know, I'm going to have to go and agree 100% with you. I forgot about Polis Massa, but it would be absolutely awesome to go there. It would be even more awesome if it were central to the plot.
 a_nazgul
12-26-2005, 9:26 PM
List:
Courscant (its a very important world for the republic, and there should be stuff for the Ship, bike, crew, etc)
Corellia (they are the best ship builders of the galaxy!)
Alderan (want to see it better than in EpIII)
Sleheyron (6th Starmap curiosity)
Arkania (they make grat blasters)
Yavin IV (i like it, and the temples could have some interesting things)
Korriban and Dantooine (they are the extremes of the force in the series, but also need a huge modification, i'm bored of the same areas)
Telos (i want to see how are the sation an the surface)

I've made a very long list, and it's not over, but i want to have some planes without an influence in the main quest, just to scout them, to increase the knowledge about the series)
 DarthMaphisto86
12-27-2005, 1:32 AM
Since they are heading into the Unknown Regions and areas of space where the Sith have been I think they should go to these places:

Dagobah: Explain the origions of the cave...

Yavin IV: Do I have to say why? Sith temples are there as well as being a classic Star Wars location.

Ziost: A Sith planet made up of a dark forest of twisting, giant thorns. Seen and mentioned in several books and comics ie: Star Wars Republic.

Dromund Kaas: Another Sith world... seen in Jedi Knight: Mysteries Of The Sith. Too much like Ziost though...

Corellia: Han Solo's homeworld, perhaps a place where the characters need to escape too.

Couracant: If there is a bright centre of the universe....

Duros: We have seen or heard little of the Duro's homeworld especially before it's surface became abandoned.

Mon Calimari: Could be interesting though it's resembalance to Manaan might suck.

Cathar: Juhani's devastated homeworld. Whatever happened to our favourite Cathar Jedi?

Ryolth: The Twielek homeworld.... only seen in the comics. Maybe Mission Vao and Zaalbar can show up there!

My first few ideas...
 rhinomatt
01-01-2006, 6:46 PM
Dantooine (IS A MUST)

Dagobah (would be nice, maby put some background / history why yoda picked to hide there)

Manaan (need a sea planet)

Korriban (too mutch history to be left out - DONT WANT TO FIGHT THE SITH THERE)

Rhen Var (a nice ice planet, maby with a jedi enclave there puting history behind the rebbel bace)

Tatooine (i like it)

Unknown Worlds (back to the one from KOTOR1 and another)

Coruscant (Pointed to it in K2)

Alderaan (they could do almost anything with this although it is a peaceful world)

Naboo (maby meet the first of the gungans, and go under the sea)

Distroyed Taris (awsome planet)

and how about two place's to go to. (two citys on some of the planets??)?
 rhinomatt
01-01-2006, 6:52 PM
Cathar: Juhani's devastated homeworld. Whatever happened to our favourite Cathar Jedi?

Ryolth: The Twielek homeworld.... only seen in the comics. Maybe Mission Vao and Zaalbar can show up there!

love the Cathar and Ryolth idias. how about Mission telling you that if you see revan to tell him that she is folowing his orders.
like bastala and carth said to the exile.
 han sala
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Heres my list :p

Coruscant- Because thats where the Exile was exiled.

Taris- whats left of it.

Felucia- Dont know why seems like a good idea...

Tatooine- Lots of History

Dantooine- Lots of Jedi History with Reven and Exile
 RobQel-Droma
01-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Dromund Kaas would be a nice planet that you could visit, perhaps when you go searching for Revan among old Sith planets. Along with Ziost, too.
Page: 1 of 4