Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Half Bounty Hunter, Half Jedi

Page: 1 of 1
 darthward
12-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Here is my idea, please tell me what you think.

How about the pc is half jedi half, bounty hunter. Althoguh he is only half jedi he still has the same abilties as the pc's the previous games. Along with these skills he has great skills with guns as well. This half and half i think would make a great twist to the story in kotor III

Please reply.
!!DarthWard!!
 Darth Viggo
12-11-2005, 12:23 PM
I've already posted my thread on how I would like to see the PC have bounty hunter skills. I wouldn't have the bounty hunter use any guns, but have a rocket launcher type weapon (like featured in KotOR II) attached as a wrist option and use a lightsaber as the main weapon.

Anyways, I don't know if the whole bounty hunter story for the PC should belong in KotOR 3, but it would definately be a good game!
 darthward
12-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanx for your point of view and i get what you meen
 The Doctor
12-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Maybe when you start out you can chose a character class (a la KotOR), and one of them could be bounty hunter instead of scoundrel (which was a pretty crappy class anyway).
 YertyL
12-11-2005, 1:23 PM
Jedi are jedi and nothing more. A jedi - bounty hunter is ... yuck! How can you combine the ideals of the jedi with the ones of a bounty hunter ???
It is just a total contradiciton: Jedi preserve life at all costs and are forbidden to posess, while bounty hunters kill for money.
 Darth Viggo
12-11-2005, 1:30 PM
Jedi are jedi and nothing more. A jedi - bounty hunter is ... yuck! How can you combine the ideals of the jedi with the ones of a bounty hunter ???
It is just a total contradiciton: Jedi preserve life at all costs and are forbidden to posess, while bounty hunters kill for money.

I totally agree, which is why I had suggested an ex-Jedi turned bounty hunter.
 darthward
12-11-2005, 1:38 PM
i suppose u r right it was just an idea though
 LegendaryFett
12-12-2005, 3:47 AM
I don't think you could really be a hybrid jedi/bounty hunter, but you could turn in to one.
I like it in KOTOR how you start out as a really skilled soldier/scout/scoundrel rather than a pathetic jedi at the start of KOTOR 2.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Perhaps there could be side missions one could embark on if one chose to.
Of course these would naturally align you with the dark side.
Not unlike kotor and the Genoharadan and such.

I just really don't see Jedi hunting creatures and delivering or executing them for money. It's not what they do.

Leave that to me...
 Rain128
12-12-2005, 11:03 AM
im just strait jedi here.. altho id love to see more quests for bounty hunting like Kotor I, they really droped the ball on alot of things in TSL..

And whats wrong with the Scoundrel?!?
thats the only class i start with,for Sneak attack and nice Persuade skill

I was kinda annoyed in TSL for lack of sneak attack on main Char. but im more of a talk it out guy then slice there face off anyway heh...
 RobQel-Droma
12-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Well, maybe if you wanted too you could be a hybrid. Or if you had become somewhat of a rogue, you could become that. Otherwise, just plain Jedi, because the two combined wouldn't make any sense. Perhaps, as someone said, BH as a class, in which you could choose. But not if you didn't want too.
 JediMaster12
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I would have to say a regular Jedi because coupled with bounty hunter skills, almost makes it sound like a rogue Jedi. However, if you were a bounty hunter and then became a jedi then that is something more feasible.
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 11:42 PM
A half jedi half bounty hunter doesnt seem to fit, that seems more like a sith who also collects bounties for the thrill of the kill.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 1:17 PM
A half jedi half bounty hunter doesnt seem to fit, that seems more like a sith who also collects bounties for the thrill of the kill.

You may be right there. Can you imagine that, it would seem like the Sith would be that bloodthirsty Iridonian on Manaan
Page: 1 of 1