Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help

Page: 1 of 1
 Misfit
10-06-2000, 2:22 AM
i need help really badly with an earlier mission. Its right after you join the allliance. you fly the otana to pick up some probe droids for areon. after you get the droids you hyper to a customs area where some pirate y-wings come and shoot missle after missle after missle at you. no matter how many times i try this mission my probe droid container gets blown up. i shoot down about every missle they shoot at me but then when i dogifhgt them they manage to shoot the droids or if i try to just run to the next area they manage to shoot the droids. please help!!!!
 nova_wolf
10-06-2000, 7:16 AM
He who runs lives to fight another day !

In other words, its at times like these that you DONT wanna dog fight. Okay, Y-wings are not the greatest of fighters, but with full missile payloads, at distance, against a single YT 1300, well - you do the maths.

I did the following :
Set shields to max recharge,
Set lasers to no recharge,
Set shields to full aft,
Leg it !
Let the turrets shootdown any missles, and just leg it. If you get into real trouble, set shields to increased recharge.

This is a simple case of know your enemy :
Y-Wings are slow as hell, so out run them. Dont worry about missiles, go to the turret and remove them. DONT use auto-pilot on the nav-buoy, just aim the ship at it and go.

I hope that helps you.

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Molar
10-06-2000, 4:26 PM
I use a different tactic while doing this mission. Once you have the probe droid pod and you've hyped into the customs area go like hell towards the hyperspace buoy, then the pirate attack will happen. Continue until the first group of Y-Wings takes an interest to you(and starts locking on), then drop the Probe droid pod then turn and kill any Y-Wings who are targeting you while still staying no more than 3k from the probe droid pod (draw the enemy in). Then once the first batch of Y-Wings are destroyed pick up the probe droid pod and continue on your way at full speed avoiding fire from any maraulder corvettes (put the top face of your ship in the direction of the marualder corvette firing on you and it will limit the chance of the pod getting hit) .

Then a second group of Y-Wings will take an intrest to your destuction, use the same tactic as above then pick up the probe droid, get to the buoy and hyper out. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
 Primarch
10-06-2000, 6:45 PM
Or just drop the probe as soon as you hyper in (it's quite safe since nobody targets it) and go Pirate Hunting...you'll be thanked for it as well.
 Marril
10-06-2000, 10:11 PM
He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.

In other words, after the first area, GET THE BLEEP OUT OF CUTSOMS!!!

If you're far enough away when the pirates come, they might take an intrest in the freighters abound than you. With defensive turret fire, torps wailing at you are goners.

Too bad you can't hyper back to Customs and blow the !^)*&$@ out of the raiders later. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"And it came to pass that the Wrath of Oingo Boingo fell upon the land. And Oingo Boingo cried out and said, "Behold, I have a wrath and I have fallen out upon your land." And the villagers of the land were frightened and proclaimed to Oingo Boing, "Behold, we are frightened, because you have a wrath and have fell upon our land." And Oingo Boingo answered to them, "Its because of you being frightened because of my wrath and falling out upon your land, that I shall destroy you." And Oingo Boingo did so. And it was NOT good, for all those who did see the great Oingo Boingo fell to his wrath."
-Tyais 3:16

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais

[This message has been edited by MISSINGNO. (edited _*-@&-@&^!).]
Page: 1 of 1