Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

jedi + shotgun = jedi being able to block a shot gun?????

Page: 1 of 1
 deamonomic
12-10-2005, 11:57 PM
wtf.. how can a jedi block a shot gun? honestly! atleast one or 2 would get through. :firemad:
 zerted
12-11-2005, 12:03 AM
A jedi can block anything except gernades and mines.
 Darth Alec
12-11-2005, 5:51 AM
Yeah, instead of just what hits the blade, it creats a shield infront of the jedi.
 Master William
12-11-2005, 12:28 PM
If you want to get SW-realistic, one single little slash of a Lightsaber should kill any trooper, yet it takes much more.
 PoiuyWired
12-11-2005, 12:58 PM
A jedi can block anything except gernades and mines.

Well, it seems rockets/grockets works on them also.

Oh, those beam weapons too, like the beam cannon on a Spider Droid.

Oh, and seems like the little laser shots from an AT-AT/etc works also.
 TSR
12-13-2005, 6:52 AM
any blast radius weapons, basically. If anyone here has read the books (anyone?) then you'll know that a jedi's reflexes can be as fast as the speed of light, so stopping a shotgun would seem like childs play if you are being backed up by the force LOL
 Redtech
12-13-2005, 8:01 AM
Well there goes relativity out the window!
 deamonomic
12-13-2005, 5:14 PM
so a jedi padawan is that powerful witht he force? honestly. i think they should still take a little damage. also if a jedi's reflexes are that good then there should be no way that that one jedi who died on mygeeto died from the troopers shooting him.
 MagnaGuard
12-13-2005, 9:43 PM
One of the easiest way for me to get rid of jedi is to shoot the with blaster rifle. If they block your shots, stop and wait for them to lower their block and start firing again while moving backwards. I also take the engineer class, plant a detpack, shoot the jedi to get their attention, let the come and detinate the detpack from a safe distance (although I don't use this method as often).
 TSR
12-14-2005, 4:17 AM
Did you understand the whole storyline? The force that runs through a jedi has its limits, and when a whole platoon of clones start to fire randomly at a jedi's back, im not suprised that they died. All the jedi were spread out, in charge of their own squadron of clones etc, and when order 66 was executed, it was 1 jedi up against thousands of clones, who the jedi still thought was on his/her side.
Anyway, a padawan is still good
 Redtech
12-14-2005, 10:23 AM
I reckon Lucas makes it up as he goes along. Especially if some that die can dodge thousands of shots from SBDs. Vehicle kills and the Jedi temple, fair enough.

Dunno why the music is so sad. Reminds me of the news.
 Micahc
12-14-2005, 2:13 PM
Well, it seems rockets/grockets works on them also.

Oh, those beam weapons too, like the beam cannon on a Spider Droid.

Oh, and seems like the little laser shots from an AT-AT/etc works also.
Actually I've tried Rockets on Yoda, he blocked it just like in the first game! Jedi can also block the Fetts flame thrower to. Dunno about grockets though.
 PoiuyWired
12-14-2005, 2:26 PM
You need to click the block button to block. AoE weapons can land right next to you and still have effect.
 deamonomic
12-15-2005, 2:02 PM
Did you understand the whole storyline? The force that runs through a jedi has its limits, and when a whole platoon of clones start to fire randomly at a jedi's back, im not suprised that they died. All the jedi were spread out, in charge of their own squadron of clones etc, and when order 66 was executed, it was 1 jedi up against thousands of clones, who the jedi still thought was on his/her side.
Anyway, a padawan is still good

ok this is a shot gun im talking about. spread damage. oh and also he was facing them!!!!!!!!!! in the back yea i can understand but the way ur making it out to be blocking those shots would have been childs play. blocking a shot gun is much harder then blocking a single blaster shot that only damages thing ina single direction. a shot gun spreads out.
 Zai
12-15-2005, 5:34 PM
Jedi can block projectiles using not only their light sabers but by using the force. Eg, Vader blocks Han Solo's blaster shot with merely his hand on Bespin in ESB.
 deamonomic
12-15-2005, 9:18 PM
ok then why could al-mundi? (is that spelt right?)
 TSR
12-16-2005, 4:15 AM
ki-adi-mundi also has access to the force, so he could pull off the same moves
Also, the shotguns in BF2 have set spread patterns, they dont just randomly scatter. A real shotgun would not be blockable, but as the projectiles from the shotguns in SWBF2 can be predicted where they are going, the only thing that matters is that the jedi blocks the righg ons at the right time
 MachineCult
12-16-2005, 5:54 AM
ok then why could al-mundi? (is that spelt right?)

Al Bundy?
 TSR
12-16-2005, 10:08 AM
who? al bundy? i thought you meant ki-adi-mundi...
ill do an image search... ive never heard of him before...
 PoiuyWired
12-16-2005, 1:39 PM
... simple... he is the conehead.
 MachineCult
12-16-2005, 4:04 PM
who? al bundy? i thought you meant ki-adi-mundi...
ill do an image search... ive never heard of him before...

It was a joke, kid.
Al Bundy is the guy from married with children.

He said al mundi, he meant Ki-Adi-Mundi.
 deamonomic
12-16-2005, 6:22 PM
yea that guy
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
What about a gattling shotgun???:D
That would be harder to block eh?
 TSR
12-17-2005, 4:55 AM
Damm it i thought he meant ki-adi-mundi.
Anyway, sadly there are no gatling shotguns, just the flechette which is quite a bad award.
 MachineCult
12-17-2005, 6:28 AM
Damm it i thought he meant ki-adi-mundi.
Anyway, sadly there are no gatling shotguns, just the flechette which is quite a bad award.

He did mean Ki-Adi-Mundi!?!?!?

I haven't tried the flechette yet, and I can't seem to get the beam rifle.
 TSR
12-17-2005, 6:37 AM
yeh, the award shotgun isnt much different, exept its more powerful, which being a shotgun it would kill anyone with one hit if you hit them properly anyway.
The beam rifle can go through enemys (thus causing 1 hit kills) but has a much shorter range, which is quite a let down as it is meant to be a SNIPER rifle
 deamonomic
12-17-2005, 1:50 PM
i did mean Ki-Adi-Mundi..... so if he can use the force as a sort of shield as you made it seem that all jedi can do why is he now dead?
 Fate's Decision
12-18-2005, 2:39 PM
(sugg: you don't have to quote all of the previous post. We all know what you're talking about. If it's a long post, it could be appropriate to only quote the part of it that you want to reply to. And quoting a quote of somebody who's quoting you...man if I ever see one of those again...)

A jedi is pretty much like spiderman. And the engineer shotgun has few shots and is very widespread.
 deamonomic
12-18-2005, 4:33 PM
im talking about close range! like 1 foot away. and not only is the jedi blocking it its bouncing back at me!!
 yellowblood
12-18-2005, 4:38 PM
Spiderman pwnz.
 hk47
12-18-2005, 5:42 PM
this is about jedi not spiderman(but your right)
 MachineCult
12-18-2005, 6:56 PM
Spiderman pwnz.

Pointless post, delete.
 Zai
12-19-2005, 1:56 AM
i did mean Ki-Adi-Mundi..... so if he can use the force as a sort of shield as you made it seem that all jedi can do why is he now dead?

Because Jedi are not infallible. I would suspect that it was a combination of his trust in the loyalty of the clones, the fact that he was in the middle of a battle and was unfocused/concentrating on his enemy and perhaps even Darth Sidious was using the force to assist in masking the clones intentions to kill the Jedi.

Of course, I am not the all knowing sage of star wars.
 PoiuyWired
12-19-2005, 1:02 PM
Well, actually there are things Jedis can't block with his sabers technically...

1) a Flashlight. Yes, its basically a wide beam of light, yet it works on Jedis.

2) EMP attacks... these things can go thru walls w/o damaging it, and will probably shot out the 'sabers. Though the EMP gun in BF2 is nerfed and can't pass thru walls or anything.
 deamonomic
12-19-2005, 9:27 PM
now that makes sense. but how can a jedi block a shot gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean cmon! its a chot gun.yo can just hold a sword in one positon and hope to possible stop a shot gun. moving maby... if your quick enough. but if your just holding it in on position then ur dead
 ET Warrior
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Pointless post, delete.
Despite the fact that his post was, infact, pointless, your post was just as much spam as his was. If you have qualms like that you can use the nifty report post link or just PM a moderator to take care of it in the future.

ahthankyou.
 JediMaster Fleg
12-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Jedi can block projectiles using not only their light sabers but by using the force. Eg, Vader blocks Han Solo's blaster shot with merely his hand on Bespin in ESB.

vader has blaster resistent gloves & armor.
 JediMaster Fleg
12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
when ki-adi-mundu was attacked by his troops the cis was also attacking from behind
 deamonomic
12-20-2005, 4:04 PM
but all the shots that killed him came from the front. if jedi are as good as hes making them out to be then only the shots from behind should have killed him.
 Fate's Decision
12-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Theories:
A) The shotgun beams are attracted to the lightsaber
B) The Jedi is blocking so fast you are unable to notice! QOO!
C) There really isn't a jedi there, just millions of magnets on a monitor that resemble one. And more that resemble shotgun shots. Then, they shift. This is my best guess for this weirdness.
 MachineCult
12-21-2005, 8:31 AM
deamonomic, yes one or two would get through, but they don't in this game.
 JohnLocke
12-22-2005, 12:32 AM
The best way I can think to describe it, is to think of the Force/Jedi blocking like the droideka's shield. But it's less powerful than that because the droideka can block everything, including mines, rockets, etc. It's just there until it's power/time expire. So in that sense, it doesn't surprise me that the Jedi can block shotguns. It's more like a shield than just simply blocking them with their sabres.
 Redtech
12-22-2005, 9:18 AM
Well, if we had the MODDING TOOLS we could find that one out perfectly. It's probably an invisible force as mentioned before, that's triggered by a "lighsabre block" animation.
 Fate's Decision
12-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I still stand with my magnets, but how would modding tools help?
 zerted
12-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Modding tools would let you 'see' all the invisible textures in the game. They are used for many things like preventing people from walking through, preventing weapon fire from passing through, preventing vehicles from going by and other things. However, I don't think a map modding tool would let us see the results of a player pressing block.

I think RedTech is saying, when you press the block button, an invisible texture is created infront of the Jedi which blocks/reflects all incoming fire. The tools would let us see this texture. Because the Jedi block ingame, I don't think the tools would display this texture (as it is not during a game).
 Fate's Decision
12-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Oy, bot we ye goinnuh ge moddn tuos eh?
 Redtech
12-27-2005, 7:39 AM
Nope, I'm not Scottish. :P
To answer ye question, "dunno".
Page: 1 of 1