Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hurrim change sides while inspecting

Page: 1 of 1
 Digger
09-09-2000, 8:52 PM
I can't beat this level. The Blastboat always destroys something while I'm killing the last Hurrim. HELP!
 Ba'rad
09-11-2000, 4:41 PM
It's a ***** of a mission, ain't it? I'm currently replaying the whole game again, and dreaded this mission, which I am now stuck in.

Sadly, this mission is a matter of luck and speed. About the only way to defeat this mission is to blow away the Hurrim as quickly as possible as soon as they change sides. (Press the 'r' key repeatedly right around that point so you can safely fire on the Hurrim without disqualifying yourself). Doesn't end there, though, then you gotta race ahead to the Alliance ships who are slow to hyper out being attacked by ties. You have to take care of those pests too.

A quick way to beat this mission is to fire-link your ion cannons and lasers, this makes short work of the enemies. To make things a bit easier, go invulnerable and unlimited weapons (you wouldn't have to worry about recharging lasers unless you reconfigure it) and bump all the shield energy into the engines to make the pathetically slow Y-wings pick up more speed. Don't forget the "[" key which reduces power to 1/3, but enables you to turn quickly. Use this briefly to get your enemy in the visual field of fire, then go back up to full throttle to shake off additional enemies on your tail.

Much luck, I'm still struggling with it, so don't feel bad.

Ba'rad
 Ba'rad
09-11-2000, 4:55 PM
Ooh hey, sorry about that one word where the ***** appears, apparently it slipped my mind.

Forgive me and don't lop off my hand with that lightsaber!
 Keyan Farlander
09-11-2000, 4:56 PM
Last time I replayed the game I completed this mission on the first try. However, I accidently shot at a wingman before hypering out, and all the Rebel forces vaped me in about 2 seconds!

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 Keyan Farlander
09-11-2000, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by Ba'rad:
Ooh hey, sorry about that one word where the ***** appears, apparently it slipped my mind.

Forgive me and don't lop off my hand with that lightsaber!

You can edit/delete your posts by clicking the death star icon in your message.

------------------
Keyan Farlander

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers."
- Bill Gates
 Fondas
09-12-2000, 4:40 AM
Yes, something always goes wrong in that mission. Although the enemies are not hard to beat, you cannot be everywhere ! For some reason , your wingmen are not too much of a help.

Digger, if I were you, I would diregard Ba'rad's advise about turning invulnerability and unlimited ammo on. Unless you don't mind about getting medals and promotion... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
http://members.aol.com/dsilver230/pics/XWROLL.GIF)

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent"
TZG+7
 Marril
09-13-2000, 9:56 PM
Set the difficulty to easy, as it helps matters MUCH. Also, as with one of the missions in TIE Fighter, keep an enemy in your sights and blow him up before he can respond (WARNING: do this only AFTER they switch sides).

BTW, it might be some glitch, but for some reason I only faced TIEs, no Blast Boats http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif) http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/tongue.gif)

------------------
"And it came to pass that the Wrath of Oingo Boingo fell upon the land. And Oingo Boingo cried out and said, "Behold, I have a wrath and I have fallen out upon your land." And the villagers of the land were frightened and proclaimed to Oingo Boing, "Behold, we are frightened, because you have a wrath and have fell upon our land." And Oingo Boingo answered to them, "Its because of you being frightened because of my wrath and falling out upon your land, that I shall destroy you." And Oingo Boingo did so. And it was NOT good, for all those who did see the great Oingo Boingo fell to his wrath."
-Tyais 3:16

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais

[This message has been edited by MISSINGNO. (edited _*-@&-@&^!).]
 oldmansteve
09-17-2000, 11:14 PM
Also, if you don't mind wasting a little time, you can play the mission and stare at the map to see which ships are being attacked. Since you are such a top gun type, you can handle the protection of one ship all by yourself. Then you can use some creative wing commands to protect the other ships which are being attacked.
Page: 1 of 1