Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Raising Max Dexterity Bonus on Custom Armor?

Page: 1 of 1
 spyblade
12-10-2005, 4:46 PM
This is my first mod ever. I am using T7nowhere's Custom Armor Tutorial (thanks), and the Kotor Tool (thanks, too). I am trying to make a Calo Nord's Armor Mod for Kotor 1. I would like to raise the Maximum Dexterity Bonus on the Armor. It originally uses for its Base Item: Defense bonus 8, but that gives it a rather low Maximum Dexterity Bonus. I would like to be able to use the armor's in-game appearance (texture?) -- PFBG05.tgp and PMBG05.tgp. I would like to be able to lower the Base Item Defense Bonus to around 4 or 5, but raise the Max. Dexterity bonus to +5. Is there anyway that I can do that and still use the Calo Nord's texture? I tried to just change the Base Item in the .uti item editor, but that changed the texture -- I didn't change the body variation, but that didn't seem to matter. I ended up using the texture variation of one of the base item defense bonus 4.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot.
 Achilles
12-10-2005, 6:49 PM
This probably should have been in one of the modding forums...

The file you need is baseitems.2da. If you want to modify all the armors for that class, then find the row for your armor (38-43) and then adjust the baseac and dexbonus columns. Click on a cell that you didn't modify and then save the file to your override folder.

If you want to create a custom AC/Dex combo, then copy an existing row and then insert it at the end. Make the changes that you want, then save. Finally, open up the .uti file for your armor using a GFF Editor other than the one provided with KotOR Tool and change the baseitem to the one you just created. Save to override and you're done.
 OoMandaloreoO
12-11-2005, 1:34 AM
man cheaters never win....... *tisk*, *tisk* ,*tisk*
 Achilles
12-11-2005, 3:28 AM
Seeing as it was a modding question and this is a modding forum, I can't imagine what your point is.

Please be sure to read the forum rules at your earliest convenience. The sections re: spamming should be of special interest to you.
 Darth333
12-11-2005, 8:54 AM
OoMandaloreoO: spamming is not tolerated on these boards. If you have nothing to say on topic, then don't post. Stop spamming the baords.
 spyblade
12-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the help, Achilles. I got it to work and was happy. When I get everything to work with mod (npc, etc.), I'll probably post it somewhere -- if anyone cares to check it out.
Page: 1 of 1