Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

problem with the game crashing - ( 66 mods )

Page: 1 of 1
 Colma Adawin
12-09-2005, 4:20 AM
Good Morning Holowan!! ( just woken up ;) )

anywho, for once, i thought, i'd play Darkside, you know do a quickrun through as i'm a Lightsider ( insert halo here ) ;) and well, as i started to play more the more i fell to the darkside. :(

I SLAUGHTERED EVERYONE!!!!
AND I LOVED IT!!!

but to the heart of the matter.

I've got 66 mods installed on my computer for KotOR II, all comprised of:

Fixes / Re-textures / modifications / and a patch ( cuz i can )

basically i'm on Korriban; and just about to step into the 'vision' tomb Kreia says her piece, i say 'i will go on my own' . i walk in, screen fades, CRASHES.

I'VE NEVER PLAYED DARKSIDE BEFORE SO I MUST KNOW!! :sithk: :sithk:

Is there any mods out there that may interefere with the 'Vision' tomb?

Do you want me to list all 65 files?

some of the compatiblity i did myself, cuz i remember the days before TSL Patcher.

Thank you for any assistance.

Colma Adawin
 stoffe
12-09-2005, 6:53 AM
basically i'm on Korriban; and just about to step into the 'vision' tomb Kreia says her piece, i say 'i will go on my own' . i walk in, screen fades, CRASHES.

Do you have the Holowan Plugin installed? This sounds like the crashing problem many experienced with this mod that was caused by a mistakenly badly dimensioned texture (1042x1024 instead of 1024x1024). The name of the responsible texture file escapes my mind at the moment, but you should be able to find it if you search for Holowan Plugin threads in this forum.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-09-2005, 6:28 PM
The game might also generate an error file in it's directory as well.
 Colma Adawin
12-10-2005, 6:31 AM
well, its completely messed up my games so i'm going to start fresh, with a new Override, making sure all mods are compatible.

I know Textures cant mess with the Vision Tomb, so its got to be .2da or script mods.

Trail and Error.

DEEP JOY!

Colma Adawin :'(
 RedHawke
12-10-2005, 6:46 AM
I know Textures cant mess with the Vision Tomb, so its got to be .2da or script mods.
Incorrect, the Holowan Plugin had a level load crash problem that most definately was caused by a non-uniform texture... you might want to browse the thread on the TSL Holowan Plugin (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=149994).
 oldflash
12-10-2005, 6:49 AM
I suggest to put every mod in his own directory. TSL accept 1 level of subdirectory on override.
:) Just beware of files with same name.
Page: 1 of 1