Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how do i Slice Vehicles?

Page: 1 of 1
 Igor_Cavkov
12-07-2005, 5:04 PM
how do i Slice vehicles?? i tryied to slice the AT-TE on geonosis with my (you know the thing you make turrets with) but nothing happend i even healed the vehicle LOL..
 deamonomic
12-07-2005, 5:47 PM
i woule like to know this too.
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-07-2005, 5:51 PM
Take out a fusion cutter from a polit or whoever and go up a vehicle and use it. A slicing meter will pop up and wait till it has reached 100%. Though be careful when the enemy pops out.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2005, 5:54 PM
Well, you did the right thing but against the wrong vehicle, you cannot slice command vehciles like the AT-AT or AT-TE. Just use your fusion cutter (the thing you repair vehicles) while next to an enemy vehicle, and "slicing *%" should appear on the screen. The "*" is the number that represents how close you are too slicing the vehicle, as soon as the number reaches 100% the enemy driver and any gunners immediatly are sliced out of the vehicle. Allowing you to finish them off, or steal the vehicle for yourself.
 zerted
12-07-2005, 8:11 PM
following ParanoidAndroid's post, If you decide to steal the vehicle you get a vehicle health regeneration bonus.
 Igor_Cavkov
12-08-2005, 2:42 PM
ok thanks guys.. couse i was slicing the AT-TE and was like wtf lol :D
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-08-2005, 3:43 PM
ok thanks guys.. couse i was slicing the AT-TE and was like wtf lol :D

No problemo....but I give ParanoidAndroid most of the credit.
 Neon
12-08-2005, 4:09 PM
Cool, I didn't know that yet. :D Thanks for telling.
 TSR
12-09-2005, 1:17 PM
The reason you couldnt slice it was because it is an enemy respawn point, not just an ordinary vehicle, the same reason you can't slice AT-AT's or troop carriers in space battles
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-09-2005, 5:13 PM
I am pretty sure he was a Clone pilot....from what he said.
 PoiuyWired
12-09-2005, 5:22 PM
Well you can't slice any troop spawning vehicles. YOu can't slice things like turrets either, or creatures, or capital ships, or ships of any kind. You CAN slice frighters and other flyers.

other than that you just pull out the fusion cutter (space pilot, engineer, wild wookie alpha, Han Solo, Jarjar?) and get close to a vehicle, press down the trigger and wait until the percentage reaches 100%, you may have to move and chase the vehicle a bit, and avoid getting shot at.

After slice success all hoggers inside the vehicle would be booted out (prepare to fight) and vehicle is not usable for a shot time. Get ready to take it over and start running people over.
 JohnLocke
12-10-2005, 11:52 PM
I was wondering too, maybe I'm wrong, but I think in two man vehicles, like IFTs or AATs, you have to slice it twice, once for each passenger. Plus I think if your slicing is interrupted at any point, you have to start all over again at 0%.
If I'm wrong on either of these points, I'd like to know. Haven't tried it enough (cause I usually get killed before I even get close to the vehicle) to know these for a fact.
Plus, have any of you been IN a vehicle while it was being sliced? Is there any sort of indication?
 zerted
12-11-2005, 12:05 AM
If there is a very short break, you keep slicing at the % you left off at.
If you are in a vehicle while it is being sliced, you get a red text warning which shows the % done.
 PoiuyWired
12-11-2005, 1:03 PM
Actually the Slice percentage slowly drops when its not being sliced, so it won't zero out instantly.

If you stay around a bit worse off it drops down by a weee bit.

Oh, if you are driving and found a slicer, be nice and accelerate over him, he will enjoy being a roadkill.
 MachineCult
12-11-2005, 5:32 PM
OK i think this thread has gone on long enough, the questions been answered.
Page: 1 of 1