Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP I AM STUPID!

Page: 1 of 1
 SilverSentinal2
12-07-2005, 1:06 PM
Hi so here I am minding my own business moding the heck out of kotor1 when I realize hey I've got way too much going on here I could fry my whole system and I need this PC to last me another 3 years at least. So I decide to take out some of the more extensive Mods namely Redhawk's "Revan the White" (sorry but I've got work on this computer that I can't loose) I love the MOD and I'm giving it a shot out in my fic with proper credit of course. So I'm cheerfully looking in my Override when I realize Ahhhhh everything is all mixed up I can't tell which files are apart of whose mod! I know I'm an idiot!! So could sombody please tell me how to sort out this mess? It looks like a giant algebra problem and I'm not good at math.

PS. There's a problem with some of the Mods at pc games they're not opening right, I tried opening the USM for TSL and got nothing also Allicronix dialouge 1.5 won't go for me either.
 Darth333
12-07-2005, 1:46 PM
I've got way too much going on here I could fry my whole system and I need this PC to last me another 3 years at least. So I decide to take out some of the more extensive Mods namely Redhawk's "Revan the White" (sorry but I've got work on this computer that I can't loose) I don't know where you dot that idea but mods won't break your system. At most they will be incompatible with each other and they will mess your game but you can uninstall them at any time, load a prior save game and everything is back to normal. They don't affect other applications than the game itself.

I have no problems downloading the usm mod from pcgm. Try with another browser and if it doesn't work, it could be your internet connection. You can also download it from our website: http://www.starwarsknights.com/kotor2mods.php)

In Kotor 2, you can make subfolders but I don't recommend it to anyone who is not familiar with mod conflicts as they make conflict detection even harder. You can use KMM to help you get out of this mess. Otherwise, check the files included in the original .zip or .rar file of the mod to identify which files go with what. Sometimes authors list the files in their readme too.
 SilverSentinal2
12-07-2005, 3:27 PM
Thank you Dath333, you've been a big help. I appologize for sounding whiny and petulent I think its just stress. I just wanted to say that I think you guys who work hard creating these mods are so cool, and thanks for the easy swoop racing you saved me from throwng my shoe through my monitior.
 Darth333
12-07-2005, 3:42 PM
thanks for the easy swoop racing you saved me from throwng my shoe through my monitior. :D Glad to know I saved your monitor from a gruesome end. I did the mod to prevent me from throwing my computer through the window.

And concerning mod conflicts, if the game asks you to replace any file in your override folder it's because there is an incompatibility and you'll have to either merge the files or chose between two mods.
 svцsh
12-07-2005, 4:08 PM
About the Usm we used winrar so you will need it or an other compatible archiving app to extract the files that supports .rar

http://files5.rarlab.com/rar/wrar330.exe) if you don’t have it you will need it for many mods are archived using it , and you can open .zip with it so you have just about all of them covered.

svцsh
Page: 1 of 1