Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Team killing when Team Damage is swiched off

Page: 1 of 1
 Rebel76
12-06-2005, 4:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I am posting here about an issue that has become apparent to us while we were playing in our public servers (and I am more than sure that others might have discovered as well).

Everyone is aware that SWBFII is not a "bug-free" game and I guess this adds one more to the list.

The problem seems to occur to servers set up with Team Damage switched off. Normally when you score a kill, the ingame text shows your name and the name of your victim.

In a number of occasions, the in-game text will display the name of one of your teammates instead of the actual name (of your victim). This seems to be happenning randomly but in many occassions people get -understandably- frustrated and start booting each other.

Please be aware of this problem - especially if you join a server when team damage is switched off. Keep in mind that even though the ingame text shows that you got killed by a teammate you probably got killed by an enemy unit.

Please feel free to post here if you have additional information about this issue.

Thanks.
 zerted
12-06-2005, 6:33 PM
I've never noticed this before. However once I was playing with a small group (6 per team) on the beta and I ended up with about 16 team kills. I don't have any clue how I got this number. I remember making 3 team kills (trying to snipe an enemy whose dualing with a teammate and hitting the teammate instead), but not 16. I was sniping the whole round from accross the map. It was a CTF map and I was able to mow them down when they were walking down the ramp towards the flag. The map didn't take long. 0-5. I did not kill 16 teammates and I have no clue how I got that score.
Page: 1 of 1