Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts UK: The Wait Continues... plus Advert!

Page: 3 of 3
 alliespixie
12-12-2005, 6:35 PM
yes i have. and you know what, i should be learning something, right?
 DarthAve
12-12-2005, 7:02 PM
Yeah, you gotta learn. "Cause knowledge is power!"
 Purple Squid
12-12-2005, 9:05 PM
What he means is, maybe you should take the time to look everything over. The giant post up there? Commenting on the board members' ability to skim and quick-reply.

And maybe you should post a productive reply once in a while.

About the topic of this thread; I don't really have much more to say, so... yup.
 90SK
12-12-2005, 9:07 PM
Remember, a forum is a discussion board, not a chat room.
 alliespixie
12-12-2005, 10:46 PM
yes mr.s, i will remember that.
 counting_pine
12-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh man, it's like talking to a goldfish. Or possibly Schwarzenegger in T2, when he's unable learn anything. Or maybe just a very verbose brick wall.

OK, this applies to practically all of you here - anyone who joined in the last year, and has made over 1000 posts, or contributed at least three useless posts to this thread.

Take a long, hard look at yourselves.

Please, stop contributing such irrelevant drivel to these threads. You'd be better off doing it in chat rooms. Or, my suggestion is, exchange e-mails and communicate through MSN Messenger. Better yet, invest in a couple of headsets or webcams, and physically talk to each other. Not only will it make sure that none of you is actually a lonely forty year old man, but it will also stop you overusing your hands. I'm not kidding about RSI.
http://eeshop.unl.edu/rsi.html)
 90SK
12-13-2005, 12:39 PM
6 months? That seems unusual. Generally, regional delays are a bit more taught than a thyroidal half-year wait. Though it's obvious that they have their reasons. It's unfortunate that they would be so lax about getting it to the UK.

Regarding post issues:

Yeah, tighten it up people. While this is certainly the chummiest community setting I've ever had the fortune of coming across, the off topic banter is a little extreme. Best keep it to a minimum, eh? If you want discuss something, do it. And if, like all conversations, the subject shifts around a few times, fine. But keep it to a minimum, and try to spring back when possible. And I think taking pine's advice on not posting as much has wisdom to it: hands are a valuable asset. Though posting on a forum (in moderation, of course) isn't a huge threat. But I think that the majority of you are already aware of all this. Just reiterating. ;)

I should also mention the poignant fact that we don't have an off-topic discussion forum. All discussion is focused into the "General discussion" area, presumably as intended. Integration ensues, etc.
 bgbennyboy
12-13-2005, 1:44 PM
I agree that there should probably be an off-topic forum. Perversely one of the reasons that there's hardly any moderation in the Raz forums is the sheer amount of spam. No-one wants to read them anymore and no-one would know where to start with the moderating. Burning the ground and salting the earth would be my preferred solution. :¬:

Counting_pine and Skye are totally correct, the spam in the Raz forums is insane, I think an off-topic forum could curb that though. Possibly.

We've been waiting for a ridiculous amount of time for the UK release and I wonder if it will sell well now that the initial buzz has passed. Its hardly the hot game of the moment anymore.
 90SK
12-13-2005, 2:21 PM
No-one wants to read them anymore and no-one would know where to start with the moderating. Burning the ground and salting the earth would be my preferred solution. ::

The best way to deal with it would be the creation of an off topic section (accompanied by massive thread-moving ). After that, just apply enforcement of the rules to the other sections until things get back into pace.

It's not like the spam is overtly intentional. No malice intended at all, ever. Organization and moderation is all that is needed, and there have been discussions regarding that in the past. It wouldn’t be a problem to instate.

This (http://www.erscheinungstermine.de/release-dates/games/6-xbox/1156-psychonauts/release.html) website lists the various release dates for Psychonauts. It looks like the UK release date is the longest wait. At least they offer free shipping. :(
 counting_pine
12-13-2005, 4:26 PM
Gameplay (http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/advanced_search.asp?keyword=psychonauts) also has the release date down as the 24th February 2006. (It's 6 months, to the day, after DoubleFine (http://www.doublefine.com/news2005summer.htm#24August2005) announced that they'd finished it). I guess we'll see how accurate that is closer to the time.
At the moment, Gameplay is still using the US XBOX cover.

I think I've said enough now, so I'm going to just leave it there. I stand by my last post though.
If I have anything else to say about Psychonauts it will probably be in the Mojo thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=156252).
 Udvarnoky
12-13-2005, 4:33 PM
We've been waiting for a ridiculous amount of time for the UK release and I wonder if it will sell well now that the initial buzz has passed. Its hardly the hot game of the moment anymore.

It's unbelievable to think that they would botch the game's European release too. I think that not releasing the game during the Holiday season is a good idea, but to spend the money on advertising and generating hype only to inexplicably yank it from the scheduled date again screams poor planning.

Weren't there UK reviews posted by folks who have actually received review copies of the game, and weren't just using an imported US disc? What the hell happened? Why can't this game catch a break?
 The Tingler
12-13-2005, 5:00 PM
I'm glad someone else said all that before I could!

I could agree, but surely the best time to sell it would be the date they hyped up and advertised? And had most of the UK's mags telling us to buy it as soon as that date occurred?

We have to remember (as the person who wrote "from the creator of Day of the Tentacle & Grim Fandango" on the advert obviously did) that the LucasArts Adventures always sold best in Europe. That advert will mean a lot more to us than the US.
 The Tingler
02-10-2006, 1:23 PM
Well, it's out now. Get theeselves to the nearest shoppe.

Although if you want to buy the PC version from a shop that's not online you're pretty screwed (at least if you live in Oxford).
 Smon
02-10-2006, 1:43 PM
WEEE. It's there it's there it's there it's (is reviving an old thread a double post bad luck? I think I read that somewhere) there!
Page: 3 of 3