Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Returning Characters

Page: 1 of 5
 Atton
12-04-2005, 8:22 PM
Which characters from both KOTOR I and II should be in the next game or none at all. I am hoping for new playable characters but i want some people to come back just because of story reasons. When Atton's future was reveilved it left me with many questions (WTF) i love the mysteriousness because it sounds like he will be back because she does not say it all. I think both Wookies should come back regardless of alignment, it would be interesting to see good wookie v.s. bad wookie, interesting. For story reasons Carth and Bastilla should come back (although i hate them). Kreia should come back as a force ghosty thingy to guide the exile or make his life miserable (assuming the exile is in the game). I think both the Disciple and the Handmaiden should be in the game if the exile is in and depending on gender of the game. Those two characters were the Exile's apprentence (I he/she trained other but deal with it). I think Juhani should die (never liked her). Mandalore should come back as well because he kicked major ass. The droids plus bao-dur should come back just not go-to because go-to is neither humorours or good for that matter.
 vader815
12-04-2005, 8:30 PM
HK-47, T3-M4
 The Doctor
12-04-2005, 8:37 PM
^What he said, as well as Bastila. She's gotta come back.
 Soogz
12-04-2005, 9:00 PM
Yeah. The two droids and Bastila. I honestly want Mission back, but seeing if you went DS in Kotor, its not likely that it will happen. :?
 90SK
12-04-2005, 9:35 PM
I want the Exile and Revan. No preference as to who the PC is, but I want to tie up the Exile-Revan thing.

Also, I'd like to see Carth and Atton. It would be neat to see them interact.
 Soogz
12-04-2005, 9:50 PM
Eh, I don't know about Atton... Maybe could make a cameo.
 Emperor Devon
12-04-2005, 9:55 PM
I would like to see all the party members who survived KOTOR I and II. A force ghost Kreia would be nice, though.
 90SK
12-04-2005, 10:01 PM
That would be cool. That, and/or force ghost Kavar.
 Soogz
12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
haha Ghost Zez-kai-ell would make my day.
 RobQel-Droma
12-04-2005, 11:05 PM
HK-47, T3-M3 if no one else. Probably Mandalore, too. Those would probably be the only returning ones that I would want in your party.

I would like to see Carth and Bastila again (if they weren't killed by you in K1), as Admiral and Jedi Master respectively. I would also like to see Mission, but she could be killed, and she wasn't really that main of a story character; I guess I will have to say no, on her.

Someone mentioned Juhani getting killed, but as you could have killed her twice in K1, and the first time it didn't have anything to do with whether Revan was LS or DS, so they won't include her.

I would love to see Atton and Carth interact, too. That would be pretty funny, and would be a nice touch for them to meet in the game. The only force ghost I want is Jolee Bindo. Period. As for the wookiees, and the others, there isn't much story importance for them compared to the others, so why waste time on including them?
 SilverSentinal2
12-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok whay did someone post tree times is it that important? J/K ;-) I want to be Revan again so Carth is in there definately with a real kiss or wedding. Come on you guys get chicks in their underware no matter how you play, we girls need love too! Exile too but a guy, honestly I want I kotor3 where you can have seperate missions for each of them. They did that a lot in 2 so why not.

Visas I'll die if she's not there.

Atton get him a nice Jedi girl NPC he needs to be forgiven already.

Mira is ok but don't NEED her.

Handmaiden She can die for all I care

Disciple Ditto

Bao-dur Again nice but not necessary

Mission DEFINATELY we gotta see how she turned out, I mean you dark siders can specify and not get her.

Juhani Ditto

The droids Of course to not have them would be a desecaration to all of us.

Canderous Ditto

Wookiees not necessary

Force Ghost hmm undecided maybe Vash? Still ticked off that she was dead before I got there.

Jolee YES YES YES and YES somebody from the Jedi needs a brain.

Bastie Sure the "princess" has grown on me since writing her.
And any new NPC's are fine too, and yes Carth must meet Atton. Five will get you ten credits they know each other from the Mandalorian wars.
 RobQel-Droma
12-05-2005, 1:14 AM
Sorry about the triple post, fellows. For some reason my computer wasn't connecting to the site, so I ended up clicking the "quick reply" button several times. I guess it remembered that and posted it three times in a row. :dozey:
 Aurora Merlow
12-05-2005, 2:27 AM
Bastila is a must, carth, Jolee, and the handmaiden.
 Darth InSidious
12-05-2005, 6:43 AM
Bastila, Carth, Canderous , Jolee, T3 and HK and Mission would be nice, IMHO. Juhani I'd also like to see again, but I'm not really too fussed about the NPCs provided the three who straddle both (T3, HK and Canderous) return again.
 Sabretooth
12-05-2005, 8:53 AM
T3 and HK.
Canderous.
Bastila (optional).
Carth (optional).
Atton (optional)
Kreia's Ghost (Optional).
Bindo's Ghost (Optional).

BTW, does Bao-Dur die at Malachor V in KotOR II? If not, then optional.
 JediMaster12
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Personally I would like to see Atton and the Disciple again, mainly because they fought over the Exile though that appeared sketchy. Definitely see Revan and the Exile to tie up the story. Jolee Bindo ghost, yes because he had some humor for a 'crotchety hermit.' Most important HK and T3. They are da BOMB!!
The Handmaiden ehh
Mira- I thought she kicked some Woookie butt. I play lightside
 Darth Viggo
12-11-2005, 2:02 PM
I would love to see Atton and Carth interact, too. That would be pretty funny, and would be a nice touch for them to meet in the game. The only force ghost I want is Jolee Bindo.

I too would like to see interaction between Atton and Carth.

I never ever want to see Kreia again, she annoyed me greatly in KotOR II, always questioning what I was doing and telling me what to do...bah!
 Jae Onasi
12-11-2005, 2:14 PM
My list:
T3 and HK
Jolee in whatever form
Carth
Bastila
Atton
Mira
Canderous
Mission
Revan and Exile at some point in the game

Heh, if Carth and Atton would be funny, I can just see a Mira/Mission or Mira/Bastila interaction....
I'd like to see the rest in cameos, or for short periods on a single planet--e.g. if you went to Kashyyyk, the Wookies could perhaps join the party or at least be part of a significant side quest. I don't know if that's doable or not, but it might be fun.
 FiEND_138
12-11-2005, 2:29 PM
Just the droids & Candalore

Though I guess I have to add which ever jedi the exile trained in tSL, hopefully just as cameo's. As long as Bastila doesn't show up I'm happy, thats the only place OE really let me down in K2. In my games (K1) she's dead.... always.
 Jeff
12-11-2005, 2:53 PM
I think only Mandalore and the droids should return to be in the party, but other characters can appear in the game maybe.
 OoMandaloreoO
12-11-2005, 4:54 PM
Mandalore will be back. But bastilla wnt casue she died giving birth to darth raptor.

whoops.
 RobQel-Droma
12-11-2005, 6:37 PM
^Huh?!

Party Members: Mandalore, HK-47, T3-M3, (maybe) Bastila.
Cameos: Carth, Bastila, Atton, Briana/Visas, (maybe) Bao-Dur.
Force Ghosts: Kavar/Vrook (or both), Jolee Bindo, Nihilus.

I realize I already posted, but this is the revised edition :).
 90SK
12-11-2005, 6:41 PM
A Nihilus force ghost, eh? Hmm, not a bad concept. That would be pretty interesting, actually. Maybe from a time period where he can actually speak clearly, though. It would be ultra-lame (and pretty awkward) if he just appeared and started groaning at you.
 RobQel-Droma
12-11-2005, 7:01 PM
^Yeah. The sounds were kind of cool, I thought it reinforced the mysteriousness of Nihilus's character, but not as a force ghost. I just thought that he would probably be the "spirit form" kind of guy
 90SK
12-11-2005, 7:05 PM
I agree. Maybe they could just add subtitals, or something, if they do do it. Though seeing Nihilus before he went all corpse on us would be pretty nifty.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-11-2005, 7:08 PM
Here's my list:

Revan (either PC or NPC[party member] in my opinion)
Ry'ghol (either PC or NPC[party member] in my opinion)
Carth (a must)
Mission (optional, but still nice)
Bastila (a must)
Juhani (purely optional)
Jolee (semi-must semi-optional)
Canderous/Mandalore (a must, but without the armour)
HK-47 (a must)
T3-M4 (a must)
Atton (a must)
Bao-Dur (optional)
Handmaiden (a must)
Mira (please)

Kreia (as a force ghost)

I would really like to see how Carth, Atton, Bao-Dur, Disciple and Canderous interact with each other or fight over Revan or Ry'ghol(if either of them are females). Also to see Bastila, Mira and the Handmaiden interact with each other as well or fight over Revan or Ry'ghol (if either of them are males).
 RobQel-Droma
12-11-2005, 7:13 PM
That is a long list. Where is the room for the new party members, the ones who couldn't have been killed and who has an new, unknown backstory?
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-11-2005, 7:18 PM
Where is the room for the new party members, the ones who couldn't have been killed and who has an new, unknown backstory?
Of course there will be room. I was thinking of at least 8 more party members. Also I was thinking of upgrading the Ebon Hawk.

But the most important is: That every party member, you and every NPC affects the story. Even one single decission can change the story completely. So the more party members, NPC's, side quests and decissions=Longer, better story with multiple endings :smash:
 RobQel-Droma
12-11-2005, 7:25 PM
If you have 17 or 18 party members, there will be no way you could use even half of them, or discover who they are. That would not be good. Just have a total of nine or ten, most with completely new backstories, so that the game is interesting, and that we don't have 20 party members to try and choose from. It would be WAY too confusing.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-11-2005, 7:39 PM
If you have 17 or 18 party members, there will be no way you could use even half of them, or discover who they are.
They could make a long game. And why not take all of your party members at once? That way you won't miss anything.

It would be WAY too confusing.
What's wrong with detailed plots? That way you'll have to pay attention as well as make you think when making decissions.
 90SK
12-11-2005, 8:06 PM
Too much detail can ruin a game, especially if it isn't properly executed.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-11-2005, 8:09 PM
Saying that when it comes to Bioware or Obsidian is almost like pessimism.
 90SK
12-11-2005, 8:16 PM
Yes, but to such extremes? Not that it's a bad thing, but considering what OE had to begin with (and what it was slashed down to) is a testament to just how much detail they can cram in without making the story rambling and confusing.

Of course, it would be awesome if they could pull it off, and if they did so, I wouldn't be complaining. It's just unlikely that it'll happen.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-11-2005, 8:18 PM
Of course, it would be awesome if they could pull it off, and if they did so, I wouldn't be complaining. It's just unlikely that it'll happen.
Well, that's where cooperation between companies comes in. :D
 a_nazgul
12-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I want to see as many old companions as possible, but i dont want the to join the party, or they should join you for a short time, some local quest. I know that there could be many differents posibilities, because you can kill a lot of your team in the previous games.
I think that the party should be build of all new NPCs.
 Servercat
12-12-2005, 1:27 AM
Can't believe there are so many people that actually liked Bastila. :O I put her down there amongst the ranks of GoTo and Disciple, rather dull and annoying.
 RobQel-Droma
12-12-2005, 2:02 AM
^Shhhh!!!! Don't say that... It is considered blasphemy aroun here, by me and many others :D.
 LegendaryFett
12-12-2005, 3:42 AM
Definately HK and mandalore, I would like to see what happened to the re-uniting mandalorians.
 JediMaster12
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Mandalore, I would like to see as a cameo, but definitely keep the droids because they rock and maybe they might have T3 do a shock arm on HK. I really could care less about Kreia I strongly dislike her.
 RobQel-Droma
12-12-2005, 2:44 PM
Yes, no Kreia... I'm sorry, all you people who want her as a force ghost, but absolutely not. I've gotten enough of Kreia in TSL, I don't want her bugging me in KotOR III.
 Vladimir-Vlada
12-12-2005, 3:05 PM
I've gotten enough of Kreia in TSL, I don't want her bugging me in KotOR III.
I was thinking of her as either a Master if you're a bad guy. Or a bad guy if you're a good guy.
 Dark_lord_Cheez
12-12-2005, 4:10 PM
Definately T3 and Hk

I really think that Canderous should return for a short portion of the game, but not join your party. Maybe lead an army of Mandalorians into battle at some point in time.

I also would like to see Jolee and Kreia in some form or another at least for one scene. (preferably the same scene where the two of them start arguing over ideas and such... I at least think it'd be funny :D )

Also a Carth and Atton dialogue would be nice too :D

Bastila so long as you determine somewhere in the game whether she died in the first game or not.

And of course Revan and the exile for the ending of the game.

Oh, and even though he wasn't actually a main character at all, I'd like to see that Iridorian guy that you meet in the first game on Manaan, the one in the body armor. It'd be fun if he could join your party in the third game, in my opinion :D
 JediMaster12
12-12-2005, 6:13 PM
Oh, and even though he wasn't actually a main character at all, I'd like to see that Iridorian guy that you meet in the first game on Manaan, the one in the body armor. It'd be fun if he could join your party in the third game, in my opinion :D

Right a bloodthirsty Iridonian who would probably be a good drinking buddy for HK. I can just imagine the conversation.

Iridonian: "Let me kill it. My blood boils with lust for battle."
HK: Statement:Ooh and maybe I could terminate it permanently for the wall.

Oh the joy of killing is coming :swrd2:
 90SK
12-12-2005, 8:29 PM

I totally agree. That guy was an utter badass, and that armor was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing him again, mainly because his species was craziness. "Iridorian". Not "Iridonian". Presumably, they meant to say iridonian, but it's too late now, isn't it? And if they still decide to use him, they'll have thousands of fans whining about the mistake.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-12-2005, 9:07 PM
That guy was an utter badass, and that armor was pretty cool.

I thought that it was one of those underwater suits, not some battle armor.

He was cool though. Maybe another small appearance by him with a short conversation with HK would be cool.
 ilwugoalie
12-13-2005, 8:46 PM
I've seen that she wasnt to popular with some people, but I would like Visas to come back.... I enjoyed playing as her... T3, and HK are a must. they are the R2 and C3PO
 JediMaster12
12-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Are you kidding? Visas is kind of boring. You only have a major part with her and that is on the Ravager.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I'd like to see the return of the droids.

But, as far as sentients, I'd actually like to meet some new ones.
What better way to assure some originality and freshness.

However, cameos are cool if they pertain to the story and aren't too long.
 90SK
12-14-2005, 1:54 PM
Are you kidding? Visas is kind of boring. You only have a major part with her and that is on the Ravager.

Visas had great dialogue at the beginning. Only, that's all she has. When it runs out, you aren't left with much.
 PoiuyWired
12-14-2005, 6:35 PM
Visas have a good start, and there is much to be explored.

Oh, the Droids will be, and must be there... they are like R2 and 3PO...

This is esp true for T3. I think he will be the one that records the whole story.
Page: 1 of 5