Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thou-Shalt-NOT-Play-Jedi-Academy!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 StaffSaberist
11-29-2005, 9:55 AM
I swear, the gods must be crazy.

After turning my house upside-down, I found the JA disc I was trying to find to complete the install. (I didn't lose Disc 1 since that was in the drive. Forever. ;)) I reinstalled because of this problem, and have reinstalled again.

Every OTHER time I run Jedi Academy's SP game, the loading screen crashes to the desktop. You know that black screen with the yellow letters? Well, it now says this as a title: Z_Free() : Corrupt zone header!

And underneath:

rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
picmip: 1
texture bits: 0
lightmap texture bits: 0
multitexture: enabled
compiled vertex arrays: enabled
texenv add: enabled
compressed textures: enabled
compressed lightmaps: disabled
texture compression method: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
anisotropic filtering: enabled (8.000000 of 8.000000)
Dynamic Glow: disabled
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header!
__________________________________________________ _______________

Now, I have heavily modded the game, but I don't think I did anything directly prior to this happening. Of course, I will try removing recent mods and seeing if they crashed the game. ("Don't cry, don't cry! The awesome mod never truly existed! It was a trick! :crybaby: )

But, the obvious question is: What caused this? I will work on my own end, but I may not find anything.

P.S. I said every other time. When it doesn't show the message, it gets to the blue page that says Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and just freezes there.

P.P.S I got it to run after deleting JA+. How ironic: The one mod I don't use anymore. ;)
 shukrallah
11-30-2005, 9:51 PM
I knew JA+ was bad. :-\
 StaffSaberist
12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Well, I had it on for a while. I think I installed an awesome TC that conflicted with JA+. Maybe the Clone War Mod. Probably. *Sigh* I'll have to mark down my mod count. OK, now have only 12 available. Better look on massassi or force-temple. ;)

I've seen JA+ do wierd things, but never crash JA. Tsk, tsk, slider...
Page: 1 of 1