Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Women Sith Lords??

Page: 1 of 1
 Nedak
11-27-2005, 4:46 PM
Where there ever Women Sith Lords in the history of SW?
 MachineCult
11-27-2005, 5:05 PM
Maybe, there were female Dark Side Force users.
There were once thousands of Sith, unless they had something against women being Sith Lords I don't see why there wouldn't be one.
 Jeff
11-27-2005, 5:12 PM
Revan could have been a woman.
 MachineCult
11-27-2005, 5:18 PM
Countess Dooku.
 swphreak
11-27-2005, 5:22 PM
I don't think we ever saw a female Dark Lord, except for Revan which is a technicallity. There have been countless female dark jedi. Mara, Asajj, ect.
 benTantilles
11-27-2005, 10:38 PM
how about that Lumiya/Shira Brie woman? she was a Dark Lady, no?
 Astrotoy7
11-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Nb. One- off questions like this belong in the "FAQS" thread

Hey benT - I said that quote in your sig ! acknoweldge me ! now ! :p

Hmm... Mara was only barely a Dark jedi...... She wasnt driven by fear or anger or hate, as the emperors hand, she was just doing the job she had been raised and trained to do...

These are some other female Dark side users :
*Asajj ventress
*An'ya Kuro (The Dark Woman) - a tricky one, recently she has been written up as a jedi master that served in the clone wars
*Aurra Sing
*Lumiya aka Shira Brie (as benT mentioned)
*Dathomiri Nightsisters
*Tamith Kai

thats all the ones I can think of... It would be cool to have a female Dark Lord once/if those books ever get published...who knows, maybe Darth Bane's apprentice was a lady ??

out of the characters mentioned above,(excluding Mara Jade) my fave is easily Asajj Ventress. She's one messed up and angry lady ! :p

mtfbwya
 Alkonium
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I can think of two real female Sith Lords: Darth Traya and Darth Zannah. And Revan wouldn't count since Lucasfilm established him to be a man.
 Darth_Terros
11-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I can think of two real female Sith Lords: Darth Traya and Darth Zannah.

Yep i was gonna say these two im suprised they didnt get mentioned earlier!
 Astrotoy7
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
I can think of two real female Sith Lords: Darth Traya and Darth Zannah. And Revan wouldn't count since Lucasfilm established him to be a man.

yes, I was a bit weary about putting these in..... but I guess we might as well :p

*Darth Traya only appears in KOTOR2
*Darth Zannah is actually a creation of WOTC. They have stated the she became Darth Bane's apprentice. Hopefully this will be adhered to in the upcoming Bane Novel.

mtfbwya
 Darth_Terros
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/3062/banezannah8od.jpg)

The young girl that will grow up to be the Dark lord of the sith Zannah!
 Astrotoy7
11-28-2005, 9:06 PM
yeah, Bane is awesome character...I am really looking forward to reading more about him...but Darth Zannah eventually dies in a duel against her brother, does she not ?

mtfbwya
 Kurgan
11-29-2005, 5:31 AM
Ah so there was at least one Dark Lady of the Sith in the EU. ;)

As far as Dark Side using women, don't forget Sariss, Jaden Korr (if you follow that path!), Alora, and Tavion, via the Jedi Knight series! And of course the most famous EU darkside lady of all, Mara Jade!

But yeah, none in the movies!
 Darth_Terros
11-29-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah, Bane is awesome character...I am really looking forward to reading more about him...but Darth Zannah eventually dies in a duel against her brother, does she not ?

mtfbwya

Think it was her cousin she fought?

Edit:Yep just looked her brother died on Ruusan so it must've been her cousin
but i cant seem to find any mention of this fight anywhere :(

i hope they do hurry up with the bane book i need to know more!
 benTantilles
11-29-2005, 12:05 PM
"Hey benT - I said that quote in your sig ! acknoweldge me ! now !"

very well, i will: Astrotoy said that quote in my sig.

there.

:D
 Liit Orda
11-29-2005, 5:25 PM
I remember there was a dark lady in one of the comics who Vader had trained. She used a lightwhip as opposed to a lightsaber or something...

EDIT

Check out here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/lumiya/)
 Astrotoy7
11-29-2005, 9:40 PM
I remember there was a dark lady in one of the comics who Vader had trained. She used a lightwhip as opposed to a lightsaber or something...

EDIT

Check out here:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/lumiya/)

Lumiya has already been mentioned, but thanks fo rthe link :)

Liit - I dont think Ive seen you here before - if so, Welcome to LF/EU Boards :)

@ Terros re- Zannah's brother - CUSWE also mentions it, so its probably just not my imagination !! :p http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=50517)

mtfbwya
 Darth_Terros
11-30-2005, 11:35 AM
)

@ Terros re- Zannah's brother - CUSWE also mentions it, so its probably just not my imagination !! :p http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=50517)

mtfbwya

Ah ok on Star Wars Wiki its says

Darth Zannah, Dark Lord of the Sith, returned to Ruusan several years after the battle, and engaged her wandering cousin in a final, deadly duel.

Im pretty sure it was her brother bug though who go crushed and died in the battle of ruusan? And only her cousin Tomcat survived.

Here's a pic i've scanned from the comic

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/623/bugstomped2am.png)

I have a huge feeling CUSWE have made a mistake.
 Kurgan
11-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Isn't that a Dragonball Z character? (hehe)

Also, keep in mind that while both TFN and Wiki are fan sites, at least TFN has a writing staff. Any idiot with a keyboard and put something up on wiki. ;)
 Rogue15
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Sarris was a dark jedi.
 Emperor Devon
12-01-2005, 12:58 AM
There was also the Exile. And don't forget Xendor's lover. (I can't remeber her name.)
 Darth_Terros
12-01-2005, 2:32 AM
Also, keep in mind that while both TFN and Wiki are fan sites, at least TFN has a writing staff. Any idiot with a keyboard and put something up on wiki. ;)

I've spoken to thw guy who does the CUSWE and he's looking into it

I'll dig into this while I'm waiting to get my copy of "Dark Lord." I think that JvS comics are in my den somewhere... !
 DarthMuffin
12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
The character of Dooku was originally meant to be a female.

For some reasons, Lucas obviously decided to use a male instead. While I'm glad that Christopher Lee got the role (he "saves" AotC), I think that a female sith would have been interesting to see.
 PoiuyWired
12-06-2005, 12:25 PM
how about that Lumiya/Shira Brie woman? she was a Dark Lady, no?

Self Proclaimed... well then again she is kinda trained by Vader.

mtfbwya

Killing her ex-lover/cusion/bro, Isn't that the Tyffany chick? (another Sith Lady)

Thinks Zannah survived though.

OH, as for the Sith Lady uses whip question, both Lumiya and Zannah are known to use whips. Thank god Traya does not... whipped by an old lady is not pleasurable.
 jomaster
01-22-2006, 4:55 PM
exar kun the most famous sith of them all had a female apprentice at 1 point the name escapes me at the moment
 Darth_Terros
01-23-2006, 6:43 AM
Just occured to me no one has mentioned Githany.
 General Solo
01-23-2006, 11:16 AM
well the one from the clone wars series wasn't a sith lord but was going to be a sith. That weak dark sith. I don't even know her name, and don't really care because she sucked so much.
 Darth_Terros
01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
well the one from the clone wars series wasn't a sith lord but was going to be a sith. That weak dark sith. I don't even know her name, and don't really care because she sucked so much.

Asajji ventress?

Dont see how she sucked at all, In fact she was pretty tough managed to beat obi wan and also gave anakin a damn good fight resulting in the scar seen on his face.
 jomaster
01-23-2006, 4:03 PM
yes but even darth maul fought on to the end.......... in all the novels i've read she's ran off out of fright doesn't sound like a sith lord to me *rests case*
 Darth_Terros
01-23-2006, 4:37 PM
doesn't sound like a sith lord to me *rests case*

Thats because she isnt
 Kurgan
01-23-2006, 8:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, where does it say that Ventress was responsible for Anakin's scar?

Since she was invented in the Clone Wars series, it would seem amiss that her return from seeming death and the resulting battle that left the scar would have been mentioned... or was it? I watched the whole series. I remember their first fight in Season 2, but that's it...
 Darth_Terros
01-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, where does it say that Ventress was responsible for Anakin's scar?

Since she was invented in the Clone Wars series, it would seem amiss that her return from seeming death and the resulting battle that left the scar would have been mentioned... or was it? I watched the whole series. I remember their first fight in Season 2, but that's it...

In Starwars:Republic 71 she follows him to coruscant finds out about him and padme she threatens to find and kill her then anakin goes mad and they have a awesome fight.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1062/scar0ik.png)

Thats when he gets his scar.
 Astrotoy7
01-24-2006, 5:25 AM
lolz... nice work Terros :) Asajj is a hella cool character... Most of the Dark jeid and sith wannabees in EU are morons, but she's greta fun to read and watch...

mtfbwya
 The Source
01-24-2006, 4:33 PM
Revan could have been a woman.
According to cannon, Revan was a Male-Lightsider. I think.

The character of Dooku was originally meant to be a female.

For some reasons, Lucas obviously decided to use a male instead. While I'm glad that Christopher Lee got the role (he "saves" AotC), I think that a female sith would have been interesting to see.
I agree. They should have done something with this idea...
 PoiuyWired
01-24-2006, 4:50 PM
Hmmm... well, maybe in the late CW era there are more tainted jedi chicks that turned and hunted their own kind? Wishful thinking I guess, but would make a good novel.
 MachineCult
01-24-2006, 5:01 PM
That is correct.

Hmmm... well, maybe in the late CW era there are more tainted jedi chicks that turned and hunted their own kind? Wishful thinking I guess, but would make a good novel.
If they did exist they were Dark Jedi, not Sith Lords. After Bane there was only ever two real Sith Lords at any one time.
So during the CW era we know for a fact that there were no female Sith Lords.
 Fealiks
01-24-2006, 5:21 PM

used to be.

terros, in that pic anni already has his scar.... thats definately not a fresh wound on his eye.... :confused:
 Maphisto86
01-24-2006, 11:12 PM
It looks like an old scar but it isin't.... that is how he gets his scar. http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/comics/republic/71/duel3.jpg)

Strangely it looks like he is cut in the other side.... :duel: Anakin doesen't have the scar though until that battle.
 Fealiks
01-25-2006, 3:27 PM
oh yeah i understand the physics of that picture now... it looked like the blade in her right hand went behind anakin. im guessing that either the artist didnt want to be too brutal, or they just werent allowed to add blood.
 MachineCult
01-28-2006, 8:46 AM
Darth Traya from KotOR II
 Kurgan
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
It looks like an old scar but it isin't.... that is how he gets his scar. http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/comics/republic/71/duel3.jpg)

Strangely it looks like he is cut in the other side.... :duel: Anakin doesen't have the scar though until that battle.

Interesting, though I'm more interested in how they brought Ventress back to life in order for that battle to occur...
 Astrotoy7
01-28-2006, 1:34 PM
Interesting, though I'm more interested in how they brought Ventress back to life in order for that battle to occur...

Its not 100% clear that asajj actually died at the end of CW1(if thats what you are referring to)...

She gets attacked, and then there's a wide shot of her falling from the Masassi Temple.

CUSWE Entry (http://www.theforce.net/swenc/search.asp?t=ventress&EandD=EyDn&e=&s=&c=&p=&a=&no=10)

mtfbwya
 MachineCult
01-28-2006, 2:29 PM
In Volume 7 of the Dark Horse Clone Wars series, five months before Ep3, she "died" in Obi-wans arms, he puts her on a small medical craft to "Take her to Coruscant for a proper funeral." but during transit she wakes up (Sith meditation slowed her functions), and tells the pilots to change course, "Just far away. Far from the Jedi, from this war, from Count Dooku. Just fly as far away as you can."
and I assume that is her end.
 Kurgan
01-28-2006, 7:08 PM
Wouldn't Anakin have noticed if she survived and gone after her? That's pretty lame... I mean she fell off a cliff! Why don't we assume that characters like Palpatine, Mace Windu or Darth Maul survived, since they were offed in similar fashion (falling). Why isn't it "unclear" that these characters are dead?

Oh well, it just seems like an all-too-convenient cop-out way to keep the character alive just in case they want to have future stories about her and/or to fuel fanboy fantasies (a la Boba Fett).

But it's a comic book tradition to implausibly bring dead characters back to life, so oh well. ;) They should bring back Chewie next!

Edit: From the entry it sounds like she was killed and resurrection numerous times, perhaps in imitation of various legendary accounts of "immortal" villians in history and literature. They might as well just say she was cloned or something, at least that would make more sense.
 SithMonger
02-15-2013, 7:28 PM
And don't forget the newest female Sith Lord, Lori Forman.
Page: 1 of 1