Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Buy or not to buy

Page: 1 of 1
 Perfect Soldier
11-27-2005, 3:26 PM
Well I was thinking about buying SW:GB since I can get it for $10. I already know online most likely will be completely deserted and that doesn't really bother me but is the singleplayer/mods good enough to make it worth buying? Or is the game too dated and dull. Opinions?
 Jeff
11-27-2005, 3:31 PM
I got the game after it was not popular any more and I rarely played it. I much prefer more recent rts games to it. But I never tried any mods for it.
 Snafu7
11-27-2005, 3:37 PM
I wouldn't buy it, it's WAY too outdated, mp wouldn't be anyfun(no one would be on) and right now there are just so many other great rts'. I'd just wait for EAW if I were you.
 Darth Andrew
11-27-2005, 6:02 PM
I personally enjoyed it. If you can get around it being outdated and closely resembling Age of Empires II, buy it (though I say this as I played both GB and it's expansion).
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-27-2005, 6:06 PM
Don't buy it.
 popcorn2008
11-27-2005, 8:25 PM
I wouldnt buy it because as soon as you load it in you realize just how outdated it really is. Espicially if you have played newer 3-D RTS games such as Command and Conquer Generals. It looks incredibly 2-D.... its just like AoE 2, well i mean it is because its the same game engine.
 90SK
11-27-2005, 8:56 PM
It isn't that bad. I played it for a while, and it proved to be a pretty fun pastime. It does get boring after a while; good in intervals, I'd say. Kind of a game on the side, like “Solitaire” or “Oregon Trail”.
 darthfergie
11-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Don't buy it. They'll change the game completely on you in about a month. That's what they did to me. I dunno, I had fun when it started off, but I don't think it's worth it now. Too many force sensitives and such. *shrug*
If you wanna see all the gripes go over to the galaxies forum.
 Perfect Soldier
11-28-2005, 2:59 PM
I wasn't taking about Galaxies I was talking about Galactic Battlegrounds. I wouldn't touch galaxies with a 40ft pole. Thanks for the input everyone I appreciate it.
 Jmaster3265
11-28-2005, 5:39 PM
I would but it, if you have played or liked rebellion you'll like this game!
 popcorn2008
11-28-2005, 9:00 PM
I would but it, if you have played or liked rebellion you'll like this game!
I dont know... I really liked Rebellion, but I didnt find this game that fun. It was just too low tech for me.
 Darth_Extas
11-30-2005, 7:05 PM
I would buy, to tell you the truth I have it... But I have had ideas to keep myself into the game itself such as creating a fan-fiction-like campaign that acually expands into the New Republic. Though it uses the now fairly outdated AOE2 engine(I have all age of empires games, but AOEIII). In the game you do have the ability to go into a tech era that is past the Battle of Endor though. Something else is that I don't know why they put ships in the game. But you can as well do some other area of the game not really used that much, such as an intense madness game if you can find the AI programs to imput into the game. If you want to know there are mods you can download for the game as well (Much like for AOE2).

Overall: I would buy the game with its expansion as well.
 lukeiamyourdad
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM
If you have money to spare, buy it.

It may be outdated but it's still a fun RTS.

I find it funny how most of the "don't buy it" people base their judgement only on the game being outdated.
There's more to any game then pretty graphics.
Page: 1 of 1