Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sith Soldier Skin Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 The Doctor
11-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Before I start, I would ask the moderators to please lock the thread I made in the Padawan's Lounge on this subject.

I'm on Taris, and every time I see a Sith soldier, he looks like this:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8736/kotor00005os.png)
What could the problem be?

My specs are (I don't know which ones are relevant, so I'll just list everything I can find):
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
Activation Status: Activation Pending [13 days remaining]
System Name: @#$%@#
System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: P4l45Gx_PE
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel~2392 MHz
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. P3.00, 6/1/2004
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Windows Directory: C:\\Windows
System Directory: C:\\Windows\system 32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Verison = "5.1.2600.2180 [xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158]
Username: @#$%@#\Owner
Time Zone: Eatern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory: 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory: 309.75 MB
Total Virual Memory: 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
Page File Space: 1.20 GB
Page File: C:\\pagefile.sys
I'm not sure where to find my graphics card specs, but I think it's a 64MB, and it came with the computer, so it's probably an INTEL.
I can't check the image file itself, as KOTOR Tool won't open anything.
 Emperor Devon
11-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Go to the thread at the top of the page, and there'll be a link to download the latest ATI driver. You can use it to improve your graphics by a little bit. If that doesn't work, you might want to get a new graphics card. If it does work, you might want to get a new one anyway. There's quite a difference between a 256 MB and a 64 MB card.
 The Doctor
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I tried downloading that driver, but it says I don't have the correct software downloaded, even though I downloaded both files it gave me. WTF?
 ChAiNz.2da
02-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Is this a custom skin (Sith Soldier)? Or have you (or a mod) changed the appearance.2da?

I ask because it looks like it's envmap texture is set to "default" rather than "CM_Baremetal"... that, or the skin is missing either an alpha channel or a .txi file...
 The Doctor
02-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I know I haven't changed the appearance.2da, but a mod could have.
Would emptying my Override folder fix the problem?
 ChAiNz.2da
02-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I know I haven't changed the appearance.2da, but a mod could have.
Would emptying my Override folder fix the problem?It would just to "test" the theory... though I'm not sure if the game patches placed anything in there...

You could just move your override directory 'elsewhere' (desktop would be easiest) in order to test.. ;)
 The Doctor
02-04-2006, 11:05 AM
I have the mods saved in a seperate file for easy re-istallation, so I'll just empty it. Thanks in advance, ChAiNz (if it works...)!
Page: 1 of 1