Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can not play swbf2 online!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 DKega^Fett
11-26-2005, 11:56 AM
When I click on the 'Join' tab under the 'Multiplayer' tab it says 'Busy 0%', it takes a long time so i cancel it and it goes into the list of servers but it does not display the servers.... and i join (gamespy acount) any of them and then it takes me to the multiplayer section and says 'Joining Session... Busy 0 Seconds' then it goes up to 12-20 seconds and comes up with 'Connection with the host could not be established' and comes up with the server menu.

I dont firewall, and my connection is of 4 MB...

HELP ME!!!

I am not the only guy with this problem:

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2539)
 SirLancelot
11-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Are you sure it's set to INTERNET and not LAN?
 DKega^Fett
11-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes.... INTERNET
 SirLancelot
11-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Something is blocking your connection. You say you have no firewall?
 DKega^Fett
11-26-2005, 12:34 PM
i dont have FW... and antivirus and FW of windows "DISABLED"
 ET Warrior
11-26-2005, 1:32 PM
This thread belongs in Tech Help. If anyone knows your answer it'll be hyar.
 pablovi
11-26-2005, 1:46 PM
Welcome to the club! Although I do pass the busy % loading section, when the map has finished loading it says "connection to the host lost". After reading the thread in the other forum, it seems it only happens to people outside of the US, In my case I think it might be the server kicking me because of high ping, altough the servers I try ar all below 150 ping. I hope support can come up with a solution, but somehow I doubth it, since we are only a very small pecentage of people having this problem. But if they tell us how the new connection works, or what is differnet from BF1 maybe we could find a solution. I can log in and play BF1 just fine, never had a problem and I can play all other games online to, so some of th protoclos they are using in this BF2 are having a conlficlt with some Internet configurations.

BTW I have a 1.5MB connection. Try posting it here, http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=69) You won't get much help, but at least those are the official support forums of the game and the developers read them, I hope!

Saludos y buena suerte.
 zerted
11-26-2005, 1:56 PM
Check your net region.
Make a server and try to join it. Make sure you can join your own server before joining others. If you can't join your server, you've got bigger problems.
 pablovi
11-26-2005, 3:12 PM
Check your net region.
Make a server and try to join it. Make sure you can join your own server before joining others. If you can't join your server, you've got bigger problems.

In my case I can creat a server and I can play just fine, but I can't join others.
 ezy096
05-31-2010, 6:33 PM
hello, i changed my name on swbf2 from richmond to[killer]richmond because i joined a clan but when i tried to log in it just siad nickname invalid....
So the i just pressed the join tab on near the upper left corner of the screen. please help because of this i cannot send or send or recieve friend requests, i also cannot view the leaderboard. Please please please, help!!!
 ezy096
05-31-2010, 6:34 PM
hello, i changed my name on swbf2 from richmond to[killer]richmond because i joined a clan but when i tried to log in it just siad nickname invalid....
So the i just pressed the join tab on near the upper left corner of the screen. please help because of this i cannot send or send or recieve friend requests, i also cannot view the leaderboard. Please please please, help!!! once again i need your help as soon as possible
 ezy096
05-31-2010, 6:36 PM
nice sing along dr horrible
Page: 1 of 1