Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who is the best Sith Lords?

Page: 2 of 3
 Pho3nix
06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I always had the impression that the lightsaber is difficult to handle and weighs quite a lot simply because of the amount of energy that is projected through the hilt.

I'm probably wrong though.
 adamqd
06-20-2007, 4:59 AM
^^^
During the Making of the OT GL told Mark Hamill to act as if the light saber were heavy as hell, Like a broadsword. But then in the PT it is said that a light saber is hard to judge because the blade is weightless.... So I suppose we can believe what we want.
 PoiuyWired
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
The Heavy As Hell comment is done to simulate a certain fighting style perhaps? I mean, Mark is definitely not a good martial artist, far from it actually.
 adamqd
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
The Heavy As Hell comment is done to simulate a certain fighting style perhaps? I mean, Mark is definitely not a good martial artist, far from it actually.

I'm assuming when Mark say's "how heavy are these thing george?", and george say's "Heavy as hell .... Like a Broadsword", he's refering to the weight.
I think Mark Hamill did an awesome job with the fight scenes actually.
 Mindtwistah
06-23-2007, 6:38 AM
Darth Vader in full strenght.
 PoiuyWired
06-23-2007, 9:57 AM
Darth Caedus(or whatever name he is)?
I mean, he is able to prosibly take down an emperor's hand with ease?
 Jediknight1818
06-26-2007, 9:29 PM
Come on, DarthMaul is the best. Has nobody read Shadow Hunter or Saboteur. Besides you have got to be good to use the twin-bladed saber.
 Nancy Allen``
06-26-2007, 9:31 PM
Maul? Know what I like about him?

"What could you possibly hate enough for you to defeat me?"
"Meself."
 Pho3nix
06-27-2007, 7:21 AM
"What could you possibly hate enough for you to defeat me?"
"Meself."

That was actually Darth Vader's comment to Darth Mauls' doppelgŠ“nger when he stabbed himself through the chest hitting Maul as well. I don't think It's canon.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d9/Vadermauls.JPG)
 Nancy Allen``
06-27-2007, 6:47 PM
Regardless it gives great insight to Vader's self hatred, over Padme. Another bit with him in his meditation chamber confirms it.
 LordSerion
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I agree with Darth_Terros. All of them had good points.
 darth kav
08-09-2007, 2:13 PM
darth kav is the best............messin i would say i have two darth vader and freedom nadd

DK
 PoiuyWired
08-09-2007, 6:49 PM
I agree with Darth_Terros. All of them had good points.

Trust me, Some of them Darths are just crappy... Darth Bandon...
 The Source
08-19-2007, 6:05 PM
I still hold Vader as the best "Lord of the Sith". There are not many novels based upon Vader's life. Vader was in control of one of the most powerful weapons ever known. If he wanted to kill off his enemies, he had the power and opportunity to do so. "Shadows of the Empire" is a prime example. The only problem is that he felt restrained by depression and guilt. Thus, his emotions made him weak, so that the Emporer could control him. If her didn't have any restraints, I think Vader would have done some serious damage.
 YertyL
08-20-2007, 7:37 AM
I still hold Vader as the best "Lord of the Sith". There are not many novels based upon Vader's life. Vader was in control of one of the most powerful weapons ever known. If he wanted to kill off his enemies, he had the power and opportunity to do so. "Shadows of the Empire" is a prime example. The only problem is that he felt restrained by depression and guilt. Thus, his emotions made him weak, so that the Emporer could control him. If her didn't have any restraints, I think Vader would have done some serious damage.
Aaaah! At last someone who doesn't cling to the "Vader didn't overthrow the Emperor because the loss of legs makes one weaker in the Force" theory! Finally! :p

EDIT: And yes, I know it's the "official" explanation - but IMO it's still lame (as hell) :D
 tulakhordpwns
08-20-2007, 3:02 PM
Caedus is my favorite. I also like Darth Bane.
 BigMike322
08-30-2007, 8:28 PM
My first choice is Revan. I'd also like to mention Naga Sadow, not saying he is the best but he was responsible for bringing the Sith back into Republic Space. Yes it was dumb luck, but he definetly has his spot in history. Exar Kun is probably my #2 just because I love that era.
 Jvstice
08-30-2007, 9:18 PM
Ajunta Pall. He founded the Sith, and as a result without him, there would be no Sith.
 BigMike322
09-02-2007, 1:35 PM
Good point.
 Sephira
09-03-2007, 1:23 AM
Palpatine was stated by the ancient sith to be the greatest sith lord
 Sephira
09-03-2007, 1:25 AM
That was actually Darth Vader's comment to Darth Mauls' doppelgŠ“nger when he stabbed himself through the chest hitting Maul as well. I don't think It's canon.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d9/Vadermauls.JPG)

It is canon apparantly. The visual guide and the new essential chronology confirms this
 TripHammer
09-05-2007, 8:40 AM
Palpatine. He kept the rise of the Sith hidden from the Jedi until it was too late for them to do anything about it. A Sith Lord becomes Chancellor and the Jedi don't see it coming? That's not an easy task, and to me is an example of his power.
 BigMike322
09-05-2007, 7:11 PM
I think that it's more an example of intelligence/conning/politics. But definetly some major brain power.
 Dessel001
09-06-2007, 9:58 PM
I'm in the begining of the Darth Bane Path of Destruction novel and I would say he had the greatest aclomplishment of any sith lord. I mean stoping the
sith from falling and setting out one of their greatest traditons is hard to top.
 BigMike322
09-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I need to read that.
 Rogue Warrior
09-18-2007, 5:23 AM
The best Sith Lord is a sabered Sith Lord. Eagerly waiting to see Jaina skewer one.
 Ztalker
09-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Darth Nihilus...is it wasn't for his crappy appearance in the Kotor 2 game.
Why?

1. He is strong enough to keep a ship from falling apart
2. Drain Life on planetary scale?
3. He uses a very cool saber stance.
4. The Mask and looks make him cool.
5. He's immortal (sort of). Darth Krayt asked him how he attached his soul to his armor.
6. Come on...you liked the way he talked...admit it! :xp:
7. He destroyed a huge group of Jedi at Katarr?
 Rev7
09-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Ajunta Pall didn't "form" the Sith. He was just a jedi that had fallen. The sith WERE a species, not anymore (unless there is something we don't know) otherwise the Sith is just a ideal.

No one is the best, no one is perfect, one one great powerful figure rises( then loses his/her power or is destroyed by it ) another one ALWAYS rises. It is just a circle.
 PoiuyWired
09-22-2007, 2:23 PM
Ajunta Pall brings the gift of the Force to the Sith Species, on top of shagging many many Sith femaleoid. Many of the Force Sensative Siths carry the blood of the origingal Dark Jedis.
 DarthExile27
09-22-2007, 2:44 PM
Now that I finished reading Path of Destruction, I have to say Darth Bane is the greatest Sith Lord of all time. Not only was he a great duelist he was also a great manipulator, he also made the sith stronger by restricting their numbers.
 Rev7
09-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Ajunta Pall brings the gift of the Force to the Sith Species, on top of shagging many many Sith femaleoid. Many of the Force Sensative Siths carry the blood of the origingal Dark Jedis.

The "original" Sith as a species were already a species that practiced the force
 DarthSomething
10-25-2007, 7:34 PM
Darth Nihilus not only looked cool, but the stronger his opponent was in the Force, the stronger he would get. He would have eaten Sidious and Bane for breakfast, then have been powerful enough to conquer the galaxy.

Malak and Krayt were strong enough to control legions of Sith, the latter recognizing the flaw in the Rule of Two (the Redemption factor).

Traya, Revan, and Sidious made the mistake of underestimating their apprentices, and that paid greatly for it. They were probably the smartest Sith though. Bane appears to be the shrewdest.
 PoiuyWired
10-27-2007, 3:13 AM
Nihilus cannot and do not conquer the galaxy, he eats.
 Bass Patriot
10-27-2007, 3:55 AM
I would have to say Darth Maul. Not only is he in the 1st movie of the star wars series... he had cool tattoos and a double sided lightsaber.
 DarthSomething
10-27-2007, 5:39 PM
I would have to say Darth Maul. Not only is he in the 1st movie of the star wars series... he had cool tattoos and a double sided lightsaber.

Maul is like Sion, good at killing Jedi, but seeming to lack any greater ambition beyond that. Cool characters, but ultimately brutes with little interest in things like Galactic conquest (Malak, Exar Kun) or the greater mysteries of the Dark Side (Bane, Sidious).

Does the fact that Malak seized the mantle of Dark Lord by striking at Revan from afar count against him? That may not be very brave, but it was smart.
 Rev7
10-27-2007, 6:27 PM
That may not be very brave, but it was smart

Sadly, I have to agree with that. Malak was the main character in KotOR I, but I don't think that he was a very good Sith Lord. He really was only a brute, as mentioned before, and not a very good leader. I think that he only did what he feeled like, when he feeled like it. IMO, of course.
 PoiuyWired
10-28-2007, 1:18 PM
I would say that Malak is a step better than the average brute/Sith-marauder type. He definitely enjoys brute force tactics, and prefer smashing his way thru things most of the time, but he does have the smarts (even if it is limited) to sieze oppertunities when there is one, and his battle tactics is at least reasonable to be able wield the Sith Empire and continue the conquest.

The typical brute type would be like Maul (though he can be reasonably sneaky) and Sion (ultra brute with ability to boot)

Discussion on idology like "rule of two/one" aside I think a good sithlord would be something like Bane, Vader, Exar Kun, or Krayt. Its a reasonable mix between manupilation, tactics, brute force, and deadlyness on his own.
 spawn613
10-30-2007, 7:01 PM
my big toe is the best. his name is Darth...

... Toe.
 Jvstice
10-30-2007, 7:21 PM
Darth Traya / Kreia
 Marius Fett
12-01-2007, 3:12 PM
Revan all the way......
 DarthMelissa
07-22-2008, 3:37 AM
I would say Darth Nihilus. He embodied wha the dark side truly is-power without longetivity.
 noizer
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
darth sidious for sure. lets face it, the man is the dark side hero of all times.
 TheSithEmperor
10-23-2008, 9:54 PM
Darth Nihilus in my opinion, What a bad ass suit! Killing entire planets yes please?:D
 A Galaxy Foreseen
10-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Darth Plagueis. Able to cheat death and make new life from the midi-chlorians. Awesome.
 Fredi
10-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Hmmm is a good question. The most successful Sith would be Darth Sidious but the best Sith of all provably Darth Bane or Darth Revan.
 hhunter6
10-24-2008, 9:28 AM
Darth Bane hands down is top dog on the pile. And in close second is Sidious. those two were the most elusive and manipulative Sith Lords. To make others destroy themselves and them not even know it, is the pure power.
 Ultimate Vader
10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
1.Sidious (master manipulator, greatest of all Sith Lords, rule the Galaxy)
2.Vader (80% of Sidious, very close, only restricted by his mind and his suit)
3.Bane (Djem So master, powerful force user, save the Sith from destruction)
4.Revan (cool robe, a great tactician, a great leader, although he left his campaign)

Those are the greatest Sith Lord ever, judging from what they do to the galaxy, their abilities, their coolness, etc.

Nihilus is an evil dying-beast. Nothing more, nothing less. Powerful, but he's no Sith Lord. He cared nothing for the Sith, or its teaching. How can someone be considered a great Sith Lord if he cares nothing to the Sith?

Sion is a brute. Immortal beast, but not very smart. There are some ways capable of destroying him.

Maul is Sion without scars and immortality. Although he's more badass than Windu, IMO.

Traya is a manipulative witch, but has a strange view about the Force. She said we're puppet of the Force, but IMO she never truly understand the dark side. We use the force like we want if we're dark-siders.
 GwannaSauna
10-31-2008, 6:54 PM
Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus.

Darth Sion... I would've chose him if he weren't... so mentally retarded... poor guy couldn't even figure out what 2+2 was... ...bleh... :barf:
 PoiuyWired
11-04-2008, 1:38 PM
Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus.

Darth Sion... I would've chose him if he weren't... so mentally retarded... poor guy couldn't even figure out what 2+2 was... ...bleh... :barf:

And I have a feeling he maybe some trustfund baby or something... :D
 Darth_Xavior
11-06-2008, 5:47 PM
Darth Bane. He STARTED the rule of two and brought down a whole army of "Sith" by himself.
Page: 2 of 3