Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Essential [insert title here]

Page: 1 of 1
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-22-2005, 1:04 PM
For my birtday, I got the book, Star Wars: The New Essential Chronlogy. Based for the begin of time to the distant future. Interesting book so far.

I have a question...what does <3 mean?
 swphreak
11-22-2005, 7:22 PM
(I went ahead and split this into a new thread since it didn't have too much to do with NJO)

I actually just bought that too (along with the paperback version of Labyrinth of Evil). I like all the pictures they have. I'll be sure to read it in the following weeks.

To continue this thread: Does anyone else have the [i]Essential Guides to _________/i]?

I have everyone they've come out with, and I'm glab they're making new versions of them.

I have a question...what does <3 mean?

<3 usually means "heart." When used like "I <3 [heart] "something." Means I like this "something."
 Prime
11-23-2005, 9:58 AM
I have that one too. Love it.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-23-2005, 8:18 PM
Yes, so far it's quite interesting.
 Commander Obi-Wan
04-10-2006, 6:38 PM
It's been a while since I posted in this small thread. But, anyway, I have finally read through most of the book. I find it quite interesting. The drawings are fantastic. Anybody else have this one? What do you think of it?
 Darth Andrew
04-10-2006, 8:57 PM
Is this the big fat book that has all the entries (dealing with pretty much everything in Star Wars) in alphabetical order? I was eyeing a book at a bookstore that seems like this book.
 Commander Obi-Wan
04-10-2006, 9:05 PM
Is this the big fat book that has all the entries (dealing with pretty much everything in Star Wars) in alphabetical order? I was eyeing a book at a bookstore that seems like this book.

http://firstedition.com.my/images/star%20wars%20the%20new%20essential%20chronology.j) peg

Does it look like this?
 Darth Andrew
04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Actually, no. The book I saw had a mostly plain cover, though I've never seen this one. Is the chronology worth the moolah? I have The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, and I enjoyed that, so I would assume ths one is worth it too.
 Prime
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
IMO, it is nice because you can get a good overview of everything that has happened in the EU and movies up until the Dark Nest series. It saves having to read everything to get an idea of the overall history.

The downside is that some of the stuff is IMO complete garbage and it is a disappointment seeing it as a part of the overall continuity. But that's just me...
Page: 1 of 1