Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Heroes You Hope to see?

Page: 1 of 1
 PoiuyWired
11-22-2005, 1:38 PM
Simply Put. Who else would you want to see as hero in BF2?

This obviously excludes things like Zonama Sekot. :3
 MachineCult
11-22-2005, 1:53 PM
Kit Fisto, The other two Jedi who were killed by Sidious. Qui-Gon somehow, maybe Bossk and IG-88, I prefer Jedi myself, Lando would just be another crappy pistol hero.
 hk47
11-22-2005, 1:56 PM
darth revan,kyle,jaden and HK47 of coruse
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-22-2005, 1:57 PM
I'd like to see Qui-Gon Jinn, and Kit Fisto.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2005, 3:03 PM
I would like to see some more cool looking background jedi, like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar and that random weird looking guy who was shot by Jango Fett! But I can't think of any scenarios to include them in exept a large geonosis arena map with multiple heroes awarded to high ranking players (7th place? you get to play as Luminara Unduli, 10th? that guy jango wasted 25th? sorry bud your just a random nameless background jedi) It would be a cool scenario and give people the chance to kill droids as their favorite jedi. Or if your sick of jedi the chance to kill as many as possible with an assassin droid.

I would love to play as Qui gon as well, he's my favorite jedi, but I just can't see a scenario where he would fit in, unless they want to do an episode I themed map.

And Lando should definetly be included if theirs a Bespin level.

(sorry if I mangled any named, my spelling is horrendous)
 jaemz
11-22-2005, 5:10 PM
Gueedo... or any of the bounty hunters in the line-up talking to Darth Vader in eppV
 clonearcman
11-22-2005, 5:33 PM

Darth Revan can't be done. He could be a million different people. Darth Malak could though. HK-47 would be so sweet. Have him saying his phrases as he blasts the hell out of troopers.

Personally I want Alpha 017 (from starwars clone wars comics) and Alpha 098 "Nate" (from books). And the commanders.
 McCusto
11-22-2005, 7:00 PM

I think they perfer to keep it as to heroes that were...umm...I don't know...Maybe ones who were acutally in the movie?

But on the topic, Qui-Gon would be cool, so would an Episode I Obi-Wan
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-22-2005, 7:07 PM
I would love to play as Qui gon as well, he's my favorite jedi, but I just can't see a scenario where he would fit in, unless they want to do an episode I themed map.

He could fit in with Theed, but they could create a custom map.
 ScoutTrooper95
11-22-2005, 7:56 PM
I'd like to see Plo Koon, but that would probably only happen if they have a Cato Nemoidia. Maybe R2?
 zerted
11-22-2005, 8:10 PM
Me. I think it would be fun to mod myself in as a hero :). Anyway, I would like them to put the 'hero' droids in: R2-D2 and 3CPO. 3CPO would be hard to play. I'm not sure what weapon he would have, but I think I could do good as R2-D2. R2 would have the force lightening, some other weapon, fusion cutter, and can fly.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2005, 8:25 PM
How to know you really suck at SWBF2: you get mercilessly owned by a paranoid protocol droid.
 Redtech
11-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I'd say Lando. After all, if they can put some mutant-headed freak of a Jedi who's only purpose is to say "I concur" and get owned by a bunch of n00b clones...
 PoiuyWired
11-23-2005, 2:42 PM
Revan is not valid. He should be dead a long long time ago.

HK47 still lives though, and would be nice if he would say "Statement: I w0nz J00, M34tb46" or something like that. That means people like Exar Kun would not show up either.

I would like to see people like Wedge shows up in Space Levels though. Just give him increase damage on vehicles and/or a better regen(like a pilot with the vehicle regen bonus award)

Obviously people like Karl Katarn would be nice, or any of the more popular EU characters. It helps n00bs to gain some Star Wars knowledge.
 MachineCult
11-23-2005, 4:05 PM
Obviously people like Karl Katarn would be nice, or any of the more popular EU characters. It helps n00bs to gain some Star Wars knowledge.

It's Kyle Katarn.
lol, what were you saying about n00bs gaining Star Wars knowledge?
 PoiuyWired
11-23-2005, 5:10 PM
lol, was thinking about something else when I type that obviously. x.x
 Igor_Cavkov
11-23-2005, 5:11 PM
It's Kyle Katarn.
lol, what were you saying about n00bs gaining Star Wars knowledge?

ROFL!!!
 TK-856
11-23-2005, 9:02 PM
I wish they had Montross and Komari Vosa. Also some EU characters Like Galak Fyar in his exo-suit. Luke, Vader, Anikan, and Obiwan needed to be space heroes. They should have had hero only ships in the back of the hangars like the TIE advanced x1 for vader, hero fighters would have faster firing bomber main guns of that faction's bombers, for example, high rate of fire flak blast for republic space heros. They also should have had a hero selector for the hero battle, for example, select heroes on your team and heroes on your opponents team for theme battles like mandalorians vs the jedi or something like that.
 Darth Andrew
11-23-2005, 9:19 PM
I'd like to see Cptn. Kirk, Spock, and- oh wait, wrong series. :p

I think this game has a bit too many heroes as it is, but if I HAD to choose one, it would have to be Qui-Gon.I would love to play as Qui gon as well, he's my favorite jedi, but I just can't see a scenario where he would fit in, unless they want to do an episode I themed map.How can Darth Maul fit into SWBFII, then? ;)
 MachineCult
11-24-2005, 5:47 AM
I wish they had Montross and Komari Vosa. Also some EU characters Like Galak Fyar in his exo-suit.

No. Way too EU, I don't even know who Montross and Komari Vosa are. Jedi Kyle Katarn or Dash Rendar would be OK because people actually know who they are.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-24-2005, 6:51 AM
How can Darth Maul fit into SWBFII, then?

Good point.

As for EU heroes, I could care less. If they want to add some EU army's or battles or heroes in an Expansion pack or a patch, fine, just so long as it doesn't sacrifice battles from the movies, or characters whose names I acually know, I could care less. Heck it might even be kind of fun.
 jaemz
11-24-2005, 9:20 AM
Maybe the problem with adding Qui Gon to the hero list (the same as old Ben) is that your troop counter would go up when he dies, instead of going down.
 Darth Alec
11-24-2005, 10:59 AM
I would really like IG-88. He is my favorite EU character, and he has been in the movies to. And a Boba/Jango special hero ship, as well as the other mentioned heroes ships.
 Micahc
11-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Qui-Gon and Ben.
 hk47
11-24-2005, 12:56 PM
i'm thinking of makeing a HK army with the hk50s,hk51s,hk55s,hk57s,hk60s and HK47 ad hero for all maps so its just HKS :twogun:
 PoiuyWired
11-24-2005, 1:23 PM
Montross: Makes a nice choice I would say. Then again what can I say, I like Mandalorians(and yes, Mandalorians never die, even if Taung is really extinct).

Komari: Nope. Though her saber can stay... Ventress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If I remember right she is that chick who used to own ventress' red sabers)

Galak Fryar: Isn't he too powerful with that uber forcefield? and I think the suit does not exist until like the fall of the Empire, the suit is still prototype as we see it. (possabe upgrade from P3 Darktroopers???)

Actually Durge would also be a cool choice.

So would Spork... leading ewoks.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-24-2005, 1:31 PM
I also could care less about EU heroes, but as I said eaerlier, I wouldn't mind seeing Qui-Gon, or Ben.
 McCusto
11-24-2005, 1:43 PM
i'm thinking of makeing a HK army with the hk50s,hk51s,hk55s,hk57s,hk60s and HK47 ad hero for all maps so its just HKS :twogun:

Good luck with that....

You know it would take atleast 12 months or so.
 hk47
11-24-2005, 2:02 PM
well i'm asking my clan to help and i've got alot of time to do it
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-24-2005, 2:05 PM
Good Luck.......*laugh so hard......cries*
 PoiuyWired
11-25-2005, 11:38 AM
What's Next? The entire ewok ewok? With "heros" from the animated ewok series... and Wicket singing Chubchub...

Or worse, JarJar as Hero for the Gs.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-25-2005, 1:30 PM
An Ewok army...with Wicket. Gungan army with Jar Jar as a hero. Those would quite interesting. Especially to see if people use them.
 Darth Alec
11-25-2005, 4:25 PM
As if anyone would use that other then auto assign. And me of course, pawning people with Jar-Jar would be really fun. "Jar-Jar killed bob" "bob got booted (0-32 votes)".
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-29-2005, 2:10 PM
Pwning people with Jar Jar would actually be quite fun, but rather silly at the same time. Also, interesting that battle would be.
 PoiuyWired
11-29-2005, 6:12 PM
I hope they actually have some kind of melee weapon for non-heros though.

A vibro Shiv for the grounds would be nice. Sure pistol is usually unlimit ammo, but it helps for those elite pistolists.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-29-2005, 7:52 PM
Well, Jango Fett has somewhat of an precision pistol.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-30-2005, 5:52 PM
It would be cool to have a melee attack, if you run out of ammo start swinging with your rifle!
 The Eyes
11-30-2005, 7:27 PM
Clone Commanders from movies would be nice, I.E. If you decline being a hero when it asks you, it then asks if you want to be a Commander, It would be like a reskined Clone Commander except it would have different weapons and bonuses, like Bly on Felucia would have the fastest Overheat reduction time ( because I think I heard his rifle uses a tibanna gas filter that gets the gas for the blaster bolts right from the felucian air.) And Cody would have a double scope with his weapons because of his helmet.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-30-2005, 7:33 PM
It would be cool to have a melee attack, if you run out of ammo start swinging with your rifle!

I think that every unit or hero that can run completely out of ammunition from all it's weapons should have a melee attack.
 The Eyes
11-30-2005, 7:49 PM
I think that every unit or hero that can run completely out of ammunition from all it's weapons should have a melee attack.

If they did it in most World war II games you'd think theyd do it here...
 ParanoidAndroid
11-30-2005, 9:12 PM
Melee attacks should also be used automaticly if you get close enough to an opponent, for example if you get close enough to an opponent while shooting your character automaticly beans them over the head with his weapon, causing him to stumble a bit, (sort of like what happens with the lightning gun) then you can either back up and blast them while they're recovering or stay close and keep clubbing them to keep them from getting up... somthing along those lines.
 Redtech
12-01-2005, 7:10 AM
A bit Halo-ish, no?

Although I reckon the stun shouldn't be too great. Oh, and behind the back of the head is an insta-kill. I don't care what n00bs think. YOU SHOULD NOT LET YOURSELF GET HIT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD IN A 3RD PERSON GAME!

*Ahem*
Cruelty is a given. Also it'd make the Wookie rather l33t. Beat them imperials to death.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2005, 3:01 PM
No, the stun shouldn't be to great, just barely enough for the player to finish the guy off if he missed his head the first time. It should change judging on weapons or course. For example whomping the guy over the head with a rocket launcher will definetly hurt a bit more then smacking him with your pistol. And some units would have stronger melee attacks then others Bothan's and battledroids (not the supers) would have pathetic melee attacks, wheras the wookiee would be able to dish out alot more damage melee style then any other unit.
 droidekaslayr
12-01-2005, 4:36 PM
ah but wat would a droideka do?
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-01-2005, 5:33 PM
ah but wat would a droideka do?

Good question...well, you see....Droideka have unlimited ammunition with their repeating blasters. So, they will never run out of ammo. But, their repeating blaster will overheat if used too much.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2005, 5:41 PM
The droideka wouldn't have the melee attack like most units but it makes up for this in several ways, the shields, his weapons, the ability to roll right past someone trying to melee attack you and of course he doesn't have a head or vulnerable point, so you can't instant melee kill him.
 TSR
12-02-2005, 11:17 AM
it would have to be kit fisto, or saesee tiin, the two jedi palpatine/sidious killed. That would be cool to hhave a jedi only level in palpatines office though :lightning :urpdude:
 droidekaslayr
12-02-2005, 4:55 PM
yeh i guess that would make up for it
Page: 1 of 1