Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Slow game play WTF *******

Page: 1 of 1
 red 58
08-31-2001, 11:36 PM
I don't understand this *****. I've been playing XWA for the past two years with no problems. grewat play. Now all of a sudden whenever I play the damn game for mare than 30mins its start to play slow like I have a slow machine or something. The only thing that have changed is that I brougt a new joystick with the UBS connections and force feedback to enhance my game play. For what i here these connections are suppose to faster and better response time with the game. It's great for a while and then the systems starts to move slow driving me crazy esp when I'm in close dogfightinmg HELP please. I need my game back to normal what gives
 aZnJedi588
09-01-2001, 4:01 PM
uh... did you try turning to graphics down? It won't look pretty but it may help.
 red 58
09-02-2001, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by aZnJedi588:
uh... did you try turning to graphics down? It won't look pretty but it may help.

Yes, I tried that still doesn't help. Someone said if the 80% of the resources on the computer is not free then that'll cause the problem. "ll try to up the resources right now it's at 66% free. Damn I have to much junk on my computer. Time to jettison things so I cna play xwing normal again
 Darth Massacator
09-05-2001, 4:28 PM
Sounds like you're on the right track. If you didn't know this already, you can hit CNTL-ALT-DEL, once, and a menu should pop up on your desktop. This should reveal all the background applications that are currently running on your pc.
The only 2 that you'll need running is "systray" and "explorer." If you're running memory managers, anti-virus programs, etc., this will create game lag.
Page: 1 of 1