Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Crash to desktop...*gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Page: 1 of 1
 Ba'rad
07-01-2001, 10:57 PM
I might be the only one who experiences this problem AFTER installing the 2.02 update patch, but here it is: Alliance crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME to the desktop very shortly after the mission loads. I got the latest DirectX, the latest video drivers...what gives?!? I really would like for the patch to work, I'm getting tired of playing the original 1.0 version (which I was forced to beat the game on since the patch kept pissing me off). The main reason I want this to work: So I can play multiplayer online. I thought it had something to do with my firewall or latency, but the game crashes just the same in regular single-player mode. HELP!
 GhentStorm
07-02-2001, 2:48 AM
I have a similar problem with my XWA. But for me it doesn't matter if I use the patch or not. I CAN NOT play any of the missions. I can do multiplayer and even get into the skirmish mode, but every time I try to get into a mission XWA crashes back to the desktop.
 Redwing
07-04-2001, 5:50 AM
Use SysCheck.exe. XWA is murder on computers that fail any of the requirements.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 cahyos
07-06-2001, 11:07 AM
I got similiar problem too. I can play the game, but sometimes it kick me out to desktop without any error message!
You know what, it's very annoying, if I just finished a tough mission, where you only hope that the AI worked out together with you, which most times is not the case, and I already happily jumped out to the base, and I'm being kicked out to desktop with no mercy. Then I have to replay the whole mission again. Grrrrrrr.
 Francisco Jimйnez
08-24-2001, 4:33 PM
Is there a solution to that problem?
 Darth Massacator
08-28-2001, 1:59 PM
On my older system that had a Voodoo 2 card, it used to occasionally crash to my desktop. But I think with the rising trend in game crashes, I'd head over to Totally Games and ask them in their forums. They might be able to help you.
Page: 1 of 1