Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics in the game

Page: 1 of 1
 andrei-a
08-15-2001, 7:15 AM
Please tell me why when i install v.2.02
update for XWA i see a bad graphics during
the mission? I have Nvidia Vanta video card.
 SWIV
08-15-2001, 6:22 PM
What kind of "bad graphics" are you seeing?
Be more specific. Can u post screenshots here? Also, do you have the latest drivers for the video card? Tweak your settings in the game options will help too. Or go to http://www.xwaupgrade.com) there is alot of useful info there as well.
good luck,
Swiv

------------------
French fried womprats is good eating! May the grease be with you....BuurrP! :)
 Hawk Harkon
08-16-2001, 3:21 AM
I installed the 2.02 patch and am having graphic problems as well. The problem is that the HUD graphics are out of sorts. The radar HUD is appearing over the targeting recitracle in the center of the screen instead of the upper corner as it should. I can't see the target. Also I can't see the 3D representation of the target in the CRT display at the bottom center of the screen as it is covered by something. I have a P3 650 with a GEForce 256 32mb DDR. Am using DirectX 8.0a and Win2000, but am having the same problem under Win98SE.

Thanks
 red 58
08-18-2001, 4:04 AM
Why are we starting have graphic problems with axing now. I noticed on my machine the grpahics jumps and not smooth as when i first played it. I have a 850 MHZ Athon processor, dvd-cdrom, 25g disk space, So my computer is very much capable of palying great graphics. I ccna't figure it out. I tried changning the video options but it still do the samething. I can't even play the game anyymore cause its so shaking.
 Darth Massacator
08-20-2001, 1:20 PM
This may not be much help but I had to do a fresh install of XWA, including the patches from XWAU, and I have no graphic problems.

My specs:
P3 700
128 ram
V5500 AGP x2 (even though Voodoo cards do not benefit from x2, x3, etc.)
Win '98 (initial release w/ updates)
DX8.a

Perhaps we're seeing some of the newer GL-based cards having errors with XWA or a DX problem?

[This message has been edited by Darth Massacator (edited August 20, 2001).]
 SWIV
08-24-2001, 12:43 AM
Yes that about sums it up!. Do a fresh install of xwa, then apply all the patches one by one. Hope you saved them all http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
French fried womprats is good eating! May the grease be with you....BuurrP! :)
Page: 1 of 1