Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favourite Vehicle(s)

Page: 1 of 1
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-16-2005, 7:35 PM
Yes...another poll......anywho, what's your favourite vehicle(s)? Sorry if some vehicles aren't listed.

Thanks for reminding me, Machine Cult, about more then one option on polls.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2005, 8:13 PM
I personally like the Homing spider droid. It might not be the most powerful vehicle but I like it's main cannon. Good at taking out infantry and damaging that AT-TE. It isn't to manuverable unfortunetly, but hey! it looks cool. Wish it was on more maps, like Kashyyk, it's unfortunetly only there during the campaign.

My favorite would have been the Armored tank droid (I'm assuming it's the snail droid, in case you meant somthing else) but I'm not to fond of it's primary weapon. I just don't think the shotgun like effect fits tanks very well, just my opinion, it's still a cool vehicle but I would like it better if it had a normal cannon.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-16-2005, 8:23 PM
I like the AAT...good against anything, AT-RT....samll and powerful. I like the Recon Droid in SWBF2 since it's secondary attack is awesome...self-destruction.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2005, 8:32 PM
Yes, the AAT is much better in battlefront 2, it has secondary rockets unlike SWBF1 and if you manage to hit a vehicle in it's weakpoint with it's large cannon it can be an instant kill, much better then the SWBF2 version.

The AT-RT is good to, too good in fact for a vehicle of it's size, it should be a smaller, weaker, recon vehicle only good against infantry, but meh, most people would refuse to use it if it wasn't a heavier vehicle anyway.

The main thing I like better about SWBF2 recon droids is their lasers, they no longer suck but deal decent damage. That self destruct isn't to shabby either although it isn't as impressive as orbital strike. But at least this allows you to use it indoors, so I would say it's a definete improvement.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-16-2005, 8:38 PM
Though, the one thing I don't like...well, I actually have to get use to, is that most vehicles don't have "splash" damage. That was very helpful in SWBF1.
 McCusto
11-16-2005, 8:39 PM
AT-RT
 ParanoidAndroid
11-16-2005, 8:57 PM
I agree, it takes a while to realize vehicles are no longer the over powered behemoths they were in SWBF1, they now play a more supportive role. I would venture to say that with critical hits and slicing most of the vehicle complaints from SWBF2 are addressed, vehicles should be supported with infantry, otherwise they'll get sliced, or they leave their critical points open, any vehicle just sitting there spawnkilling should be easily taken out by any player with moderate skill.

I'm glad they are no longer invincible but part of me wishes the lasers still had some splash damage, after all vehicles are supposed to be a viable threat that takes some skill to remove. I guess it just seems to me that instead of trying to find a good balance they just nerfed them. It's all for the best I suppose, at least they are not nerfed to the point of uselessness and most importantly they are no longer too overpowered.
 Micahc
11-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Bleh; I would just rather have over powered behemoths with less health and critical hit points! The slug tanks my favorite though.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Although I like most of the vehicles, there is a few that I am dissapointed in. Like the Armoured Tank Droid, I don't really like the primary weapon. Though, their secondary attack is quite effective. And they are quite quick. So on the other hand, they aren't all that bad.
 MachineCult
11-17-2005, 5:48 AM
Thanks for reminding me, Machine Cult, about more then one option on polls.

lol, I was going to make this poll after the Starfighter one. I like pretty much all of the Republic Vehicles, AT-RT, AT-TE.
 zerted
11-17-2005, 6:21 AM
I'd have to say the recon droid, so I vote other.
 MachineCult
11-17-2005, 7:20 AM
Recon Droids aren't vehicles, it's like saying a guided missile is a vehicle. The Recon Droid is a units equipment, NOT a vehicle.
If it was a vehicle then it would be the worst, one hit and it's gone.
 Redtech
11-17-2005, 7:35 AM
For me, it's hard to say, as I rarely use them. I'm dissapointed there is so little variety in vehicle-based levels though, but not majorly as they are now support weapons or meat shields, which I kinda like.

Good old IFT-X. Best bit of Eu in the game.
 Darth Alec
11-17-2005, 9:30 AM
Must be the AT-AT. Complete destruction
 zerted
11-17-2005, 9:58 AM
Recon Droids aren't vehicles..They can be consider a remote controlled vehicle. The recon droid is controlled/drived by you. It moves around and has weapons on it. It itself is not a weapon, but contains them. But your definition is more right than mine. It depends on how you define vehicle. I'm using a definition of a item that can move around on the battlefield and is controlled by someone, a driver.
 [viRus-x]
11-17-2005, 11:49 AM
AT-AT and AT-RT
 PoiuyWired
11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
actually if Recon Droid is a vehicle then its a darn good one, though not nearly as good as the ones in BF1(those rocks basically)

Think:
1) Getting destroyed won't get you killed.
2) Fast speed
5) Infinite quick respawn when standing by Ammo Droid.
4) Self destruction.

Too bad the self destruct is like a small nade and not the old school Orbital. *sigh*
 MagnaGuard
11-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Hail Fire as other vehicle, AT-RT and IFT-X hover tank
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-27-2005, 5:32 PM
I haven't really used the Hailfire Droid yet? Is it different?
 ParanoidAndroid
11-27-2005, 5:56 PM
It's mostly the same, exept it's secondary lasers now fire in a chain gun like style, and the missles no longer have homing capablilities, but you know have an infinite number of them. I think it might be a bit weaker healthwise as well as well.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-27-2005, 5:59 PM
Okay, thanx. I have noticed all vehicles are weaker healthwise. Like the AT-AT is much easy to destroy for example. I destroyed 4 of them last time I played. Normally, I'd destroy one at most. Takes too long. :lol:
 MachineCult
11-27-2005, 7:36 PM
With a Hoth Dish Turret it's stupidly easy to take down an AT-AT if you have a clear shot at it's neck, in ESB they say that blasters won't do anything to them and the only way to take them down is tow cables, (or a fancy saber/grenade manuever).
Yet we can take one out with a single turret.

MADNESS.
 Jennaida
11-27-2005, 9:22 PM
Yeah, fully charging a disk turret and firing at the neck takes a LOT of health off it. Abouty 4-5, and it's down for the count. Rather amusing actually. Certainly changes Hoth a bit. :)
 Darth Groovy
11-28-2005, 3:11 AM
I managed to get over my fear of flying and learn to master the space craft today. My favorites are the Tie Interceptor, and that Jedi Starfighter that Anakin and Obi fly in ROTS. The lock on feature was what made me get better at dog fights, and I finally mastered the thumbsticks to keep from flying into stuff. I don't do so hot with the clunky bombers and gun ships though :/
 Redtech
11-28-2005, 5:36 AM
Awww c'mon. My friend loves it when I try "dogfighting" in a transport. (They have some pretty high damage on their weapons). But he's very scared when I try landing one in a hanger!
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
I prefer the starfighters like the ARC-170. I only use bomber for destroying the capital ship. That's their only purpose. :xp: The Gunships are also effective, but I don't use them that often. I usually use the starfighters like the Jedi Starfighter to evade enemies and get to the capital ships.
 Redtech
11-28-2005, 12:59 PM
What's with the ton of Darth Maul avatars! ARGH!
Yeah, I prefer to use your tactic. But with PS2 co-op, silly things happen.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 1:19 PM
What's wrong with Darth Maul avatars? :D Yes, I have to agree with you about sill thing happen on PS2 co-op.
 imperial_ewok
11-28-2005, 2:48 PM
the V-wing is my fave vehiclemaulsaber
 droidekaslayr
11-28-2005, 3:18 PM
i just noticed that nobody's voted for the STAP
 ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 3:25 PM
Well the STAP sort of sucks... I mean it was hard to get kills with it in SWBF1 but in SWBF2 the lasers are so underpowered it's impossible, unless you want to stand still and become a rocket target. They're still good at getting you from point A to point B, but with all the other vehicles around It's no wonder it's nobodies favorite.

My favorite use of the bomber is actually to counter transports, their lasers deal decent damage but the best part about it is that the transports are so slow you can usually hit them with some of your bombs, it deals lots of damage, but you probably shouldn't do it over your own capital ships as some of the bombs tend to miss, I find taking out transports pretty easy using a bomber now, if you can get in the right position.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 8:35 PM
I like the STAP...just it isn't among my favourite vehicles. I find it too easy to get killed while you are on it. But, I have no problem killing enemies with it. :xp:
 imperial_ewok
11-29-2005, 1:13 PM
I like the STAP...just it isn't among my favourite vehicles. I find it too easy to get killed while you are on it. But, I have no problem killing enemies with it. :xp:

well it is slower than the speeder bike 2... and i dont think it can jump, but ya i agree, its 2 easy 2 get hit on it :smash:
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-29-2005, 1:47 PM
Well, of course it's slower. Speeder Bike is much better aerodynamically built. But, if the stap had a little more protection. Like a guard on the back of the vehicle to protect the back of the droid/human. Thenn, it would be more favoured to more people.
 Rebel_Trooper
11-29-2005, 2:16 PM
Definately the TX-130 Fighter Tan... sorry, I mean IFT-X. I loved the Clone Wars game, if only for the Conquest multiplayer and it's brilliant vehicles.

I'm also a fan of the AT-RT, because the lasers on that are lethal!
Page: 1 of 1