Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What about this?

Page: 1 of 1
 Axe Windu
11-16-2005, 12:28 AM
What about this?

I got this idea based on the Matrix. The first Matrix was a stand alone movie that left room for a sequal at the end. The first Knights of the Old Republic was a stand alone game that didnt really have to do with a sequal at all but yah know it was possible. The second and third Matrix were more or less one big movie cut in half. So what if it was the same with the second and third Knighty Olds. The crappy ending and cut content kinda made this game feel like a cliffhanger, there is lotsa unresolved content. Lemmi show you what I mean.

The training level can be remote/hk dealing with Goto and the gravity thinger... or Mira/Hanharr or something that was never concluded on Malachor.

Then your on the Ebon Hawk. Canderous Ordo is very hurt and knocked out due to the crash. T3 is broken and in need of severe repair. HK-47 is lightly damaged and can be easily repaired. The rest are dead or there whereabouts unknown. You could say there kidnapped/killed by Sith Assassins that attacked and looted the ship after it crashed. The only one alive and well in the hawk is Atton. Atton will be a lv 1 Jedi Sentinal. You can reveal whether he recently discovered his force sensitivity or if you gave it to him in the last game through diologue options. This also can teach you if you were good or evil in the last game which can lead you down your dark or light path. Like I killed Kreia to try to claim the dark thrown but now I realize the bigger threat... DSP. Your on your way to find Revan so you can find the unknown sith threat. However before you do that you gotta repair T3 because he is the only one with access to the navicomputer to retrace Revans steps. You can reveal Revan stuff when you reactivate HK-47 with a simple repair check. You can ask him something like what do you know of Revan? Inquery: Who is Revan? Then you could respond: She is dark Sith Empress. Hes an Evil Lord of the Sith. He is a powerful Jedi. She is a great master of the light side of the force. Then HKs memory would be restored yada yada and wed get that stuff out of the way. Your lightsabor is broken from the battle on Malachor and you need a crystal to fix it. So your first task is to get to the closest planet to fix T3, get Canderous medical help, and try to repair your lightsabor and start your quest to find Revan. Your not gonna go looking for Star Maps or anything like that your gonna find Revan and fight this Sith threat. Also I dont thinK Canderous should be in your party again, after he gets healed I think he shoudl leave to assemble Clan Ordo incase this threat emerges in known space.

Ok the other party members dont all have to be dead. One could appear later and have gotten off Malachor through other means. You couldve told mira/handmaiden to stay and guard Treyas academy and train Jedi for the comming fight and have cutscenes relating to that. Kreia could come back via force ghost similar to Obi Won which would be very very cool. Like you struggly and all the sudden you hear her talking to you and shes like I told you we had a bond Exile... apparantly that bond extends beyond death. Lucky your still alive with me gone but then I guess the force had other intentions for you.

Seriously come on this is a cool idea. I can see main complaints now. One your gonna want an explanation why everyone is lv 1. They didnt give you an explanation why Mandalore, Visas, Bastilla, Carth, Kreia, HK, T3, or many others didnt have advanced levels. Secondly the main complaint is oh I dont wanna play as the exile again. A valid one and I understand that I dont have a good rebuttle except 2 main things. This will cause the end of the last game to be better it was kinda lacking, and it will save you from having to answer tons of contingincy questions about the Exile. You can put Revan in dark or light robes you cant really do that with the exile. He didnt have a defined look.

I understand Im prolly not the first one to come up with a similar idea but this is super cool. What do you guys think?
 ilwugoalie
11-16-2005, 11:14 AM
What about this?

I got this idea based on the Matrix. The first Matrix was a stand alone movie that left room for a sequal at the end. The first Knights of the Old Republic was a stand alone game that didnt really have to do with a sequal at all but yah know it was possible. The second and third Matrix were more or less one big movie cut in half. So what if it was the same with the second and third Knighty Olds. The crappy ending and cut content kinda made this game feel like a cliffhanger, there is lotsa unresolved content. Lemmi show you what I mean.

I think you've got it. Since I played and beat TSL, I had always thought that it was cut short for a sequal. A few friends and I could come up with no other reason for it being so short other than to set up the next game :lurkblast :mauls:
 The Doctor
11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
...Knighty Olds...
Please don't call it that. If you don't want to type "{Knights of the Old Republic", use "KotOR" or "KOTOR". I hate it when people call it "Knighty Olds": it makes it sound like a kiddy game.
 Axe Windu
11-16-2005, 3:05 PM
Doc Oc... sorry your gonna have to quell your annoyance with the phrase. Ever since I got kotor (I literally found it at a movie theature) I was obsessed with the game. I literally didnt leave my room for like a week. Im not a fat lazy person Im decently thin but I had a fat lazy set up. I took a computer table that extended outword like 4 ft from its legs. I put that over my bed put my tv xbox and controls on it. Then I just sat there in my bed playing, went to sleep, woke up and played some more. When I was hungry Id go downstairs or get my sister to make me something via intercom on our phone... it was sweet. I still had to get up to go the bathroom though I couldnt figure that one out. Anywho this is pointless... whenever my friends wanted to do something I was like cant playing knights of the old republic. Which they shortened to Knighty Olds. Theyd be like look at this fag he cant go to the movies cause hes playing Knighty Olds. And thats what its been to me ever since. Knighty Olds and Knighty Olds two. I dont see why calling it that is a big deal anyway when I meet other nerds and they say kotor (like its one word) it sounds super annoying so I like saying Knighty Olds. Thats irrelevant though... whats relevant is what does everyone think of my sweet idea!

Docter Docter gimmi the news I got a bad case of loooovin you... not really
 The Doctor
11-16-2005, 5:17 PM
Learn to spell. It's Doctor, not Docter:xp:
Anyway, I was just trying to be a jerk when I was complaining about him calling it Knighty Olds. I really don't care. How much of a jerk would I have to be in order to tell someone what to call the game? Even I'm not that big a jerk.

But I do have the right to tell you to not call me Doc Oc. Completely different genre of entertainment (Sic-Fi vs.... not-so...Sci-Fi...).
Page: 1 of 1