Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Joystick button #1 not working - please help

Page: 1 of 1
 Cameron Curtis
07-11-2001, 2:24 PM
The story: I'm playing XWA at a friends house for the first time last month, get all exicited, and go out and buy a copy plus a MS Force Feedback 2 joystick. Happy happy. But when I try to play some practices flying in skirmish mode, the #1 button does not let me fire. Does anyone know anything about this and how to fix it?

The button does work outside of XWA, and I even put in a simple profile in the Sidewinder software, updated to xwa 2.02. I'm stuck! Thanks in advance...

------------------
 Grand_Admiral_Ice
07-11-2001, 2:38 PM
Are you sure you programmed the #1 button to be "fire"?

------------------
May the Force screw you everything you do except sex or should you get screwed? Stop you're confusing me.
 K_Kinnison
07-11-2001, 4:31 PM
Go to the options screen (Escape)

Select "Controller Options"

Select "Re-map Joystick Buttons"

this *should* do it, unless you have a prorgraming feature for your stick. It might be improperly mapped out
 Cameron Curtis
07-14-2001, 7:06 AM
Right - I finally figured it out. The all-important profile for the SW joystick is required to be identical to the in-game settings. You guys steered me in the right direction! Thanks!
 K_Kinnison
07-14-2001, 2:38 PM
glad to help
Page: 1 of 1