Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

joysticks

Page: 1 of 1
 amon1f
06-24-2001, 5:06 PM
Hey, I was hoping to get back into playing the xwing series games, but I need a new joystick was wondering if anyone out there had any recommendations?

thanks.
 Maragato
06-24-2001, 5:25 PM
Buy a Quick Shot
 K_Kinnison
06-24-2001, 5:41 PM
the things you should look for in a Joystick

1. Digital
2. USB (if you ahve a USB port)
3. Programable (more then 2 buttons)
4. "Twist feature"

All of these come in a joystick that is durabel, and is relitivly in-expense

Logitech wingman Extreme
 edlib
06-25-2001, 2:33 AM
I am also partial to the Logitech products, I have 2 of thier sticks: The Wingman Digital Extreme, and the Wingman Force USB. (Not to mention the MouseMan Wheel and the iTouch wireless keyboard! Logitech must LOVE me!!!)

I always recommend you go to your nearest computer/ consumer-electronics superstore and try a few out on your favorite games before you commit. It's gotta be comfortable to you for a long time in additon to all the other excellent points K_K brought up.

Good luck with it!
 NUWildcat
06-26-2001, 1:54 PM
Yeah, I love my Logitech WingMan Extreme

7 programable buttons
hat switch to look around
throttle control
twist function
 Fondas
06-28-2001, 5:28 AM
Although I loved my Saitek X36 combo versatility, I surely do not recommend it!
The coils are of the worst quality ! The HOTAS worked only 3 months without a problem and since then it's useless.

I'm also looking for DURABLE and programable, definitely with a throttle control.

So any suggestions ?

P.S. If you do have some sugestions, please state the joysticks characteristics, not just "XWZ rockz! buy it!", ok ?

------------------
"No matter how pretty the bait,
a hook is still a hook !"
TZG+7
Page: 1 of 1