Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan and the Legend of the Sith'ari

Page: 1 of 1
 Robb Stark
11-14-2005, 2:29 PM
Can anyone more familiar with the EU explain the Legend of the Sith'ari? This is what I found on Wikipedia:

Sometime during the early history of the Sith Empire, the coming of the Sith'ari, the prophesied savior of the Sith Order, was foretold. The Sith'ari was said to be a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before, a striking parallel to the Chosen One of Jedi legend, though it is most likely that the Sith'ari and Chosen One are one and the same.

It seems likely that this prophecy refers to Anakin, but what if Revan stumbled upon the Prophecy of the Sith'ari? It jives with Kreia's thoughts that Revan never fell and turned against the Republic because he saw the Sith sitting beyond the edges of the galaxy as the true threat.

Most of the comments I've seen about Revan's actions relate to the corruptness or weakness of the Republic, and that Revan believed he needed to conquer it and lead it so he could be prepared to fight these unknown Sith. But what if, more than that, Revan believed he was the Sith'ari and needed to lead the Sith, HIS Sith to victory and destroy the Jedi (like Vader helped Sidious do 4000 years later) so that he could fulfill the prophecy by then destroying the Sith threat from the Unknown Regions? It would add an interesting side to Revan's character...that of the self-percieved savior of destiny, and more than just someone who believed that only he knew how to run things to deal with the impending threat. Of course, Kreia may have been wrong in her belief, or just speculating, and it's also definitely possible Revan was just corrupted by the Dark Side to the point that he believed he was doing right (a la Anakin, "From my standpoint the Jedi are evil!") when he was really just doing the will of the Dark Side by destroying the Republic. But if Revan did once believe he was the Sith'ari of prophecy, what are his beliefs after the events of KOTOR?
 Axe Windu
11-14-2005, 2:46 PM
Though all the super nerds on here will probably tell you its not gonna happen, and I dont really think it will, itd be awesome if that was somehow incorporated into this game.

I think its cool.

And screw Anikan hes retarded. The Jedi use there force powers to protect and help people, the sith use there force powers to choke people to death.

However I cant give you a professional opinion cause I dont know enough about SW history.
 Clone L68362
11-14-2005, 5:37 PM
We really have no idea what Revan thinks. The Wikipedia article mentions a good point about Kreia saying how maybe Revan never really fell to the dark side, but thought the only way to defeat the real Sith Empire was to convert Jedi to Sith, so they wouldn't have to follow that restrictive Jedi nonsense. I dunno. Then there was the fact that Revan left significant planets alone so that if he failed to conquer the galaxy the Republic would still be strong enough to fight the true Sith. I guess if Revan went light side at the end of KOTOR however, he realized any Jedi can beat any Sith, as Bastila told him. I dunno. Maybe we'll find out in KOTOR 3.
 Hallucination
11-14-2005, 7:18 PM
The thing is, if the Sith'ari was supposed to destroy the Chosen One, who is the Chosen One?
 The Doctor
11-14-2005, 7:32 PM
The chosen one and the Sith'ari could be the same being. Darth Vader could have been the Sith idea of the perfect being, yet he also destroyed the Sith and brought balance to the Force. Just an idea.

EDIT: I should really read the article before posting. It says the exact same thing I did.
 Hallucination
11-14-2005, 9:29 PM
^he also came close to getting the jedi killed.
 The Doctor
11-14-2005, 9:33 PM
^Maybe that's what makes him the Sith'ari: he's ruthless enough to try nd kill Obi-Wan, his "brother", as well as younglings (although those kids were very annoying, so I don't blame him).
 Hallucination
11-14-2005, 9:45 PM
Or maybe being the Sith'ari meant that he would cause the lightside and the darkside to not exist.
 Ztalker
11-15-2005, 9:24 AM
Ehr...

I recall that the Sith was a species, and the Jedi of the first split (even far before Exar) just took over the name.
This Sith'ari could be that species..they are supposed to be born force sensitive, and to be extremely evil.

Could that be it?
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-15-2005, 2:21 PM
Most of the comments I've seen about Revan's actions relate to the corruptness or weakness of the Republic, and that Revan believed he needed to conquer it and lead it so he could be prepared to fight these unknown Sith. But what if, more than that, Revan believed he was the Sith'ari and needed to lead the Sith, HIS Sith to victory and destroy the Jedi (like Vader helped Sidious do 4000 years later) so that he could fulfill the prophecy by then destroying the Sith threat from the Unknown Regions?
I don't think that he would fight his own allies...

Let me explain. He sparred those industrial and military compunds a lot. From what I see of such acts, and considering the size of the Galaxy and the Republic; it looked like that he would fight something far more than just a bunch of force-senitives. It looked like that he was preparing an all out war against all threat. Even other GALAXIES. And the real Sith, are acctuely some sort of controllers behind it all. But not just to create the ultimate weapon to control and conquer Galaxies... But also to control EVERYTHING. (I won't tell what it is)

The thing is, if the Sith'ari was supposed to destroy the Chosen One, who is the Chosen One?
I think that the answer is in front of our noses... (No, it's not Anakin... But neither is Revan... or is he?)

Now if I began to tell you what I think it really is, then you would be asking from me to tell you a story, but I'm sorry, I don't have the time at the moment.
 Ztalker
11-16-2005, 7:48 AM
Could you please tell?

Myself, i'm very interested in the pre-Exar Kun time..
*begs* Pleeeeeeaaaase?
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-16-2005, 2:00 PM
Could you please tell?

Myself, i'm very interested in the pre-Exar Kun time..
*begs* Pleeeeeeaaaase?
The answer is so easy that I can only pose a question:

Who and why did the Sith hunt so much? (the answer is a person, and what that person is ;) )
 The Doctor
11-16-2005, 5:21 PM
No, it's not Anakin...
Maybe I didn't understand your post, but are you saying that Anakin isn't the Chosen One? If so... :disaprove
 DarthSion101
11-16-2005, 6:08 PM
If you ask me kreia was nothing but an old dreamer, clinging to a realization that was never true. Face it Kreia, Revan fell into darkness, he became a monster, he had people assassinated, worlds bombed, people slaughtered, he was more than happy to proclaim himself dark lord of the sith. His reasons for leaving shipyards intact, and key worlds relatively unharmed, can be attributed to his tactical genius, after he had the galaxy conquered he wouldn't have to spend his entire reign rebuilding it, Malak, on the other hand was not a tactician like Revan, and just used immense force, and brutal power to compensate. To believe Revan was waging war, and murdering innocents and republic troops, out of a necessity to protect against the true sith, is pure foolishness, why destroy it, if u need it to fight the so called threat.Let us not forget, revan willingly sought out the star forge, knowing of its darkness, with one purpose, war. Revan perhaps may have believed himself to be the Sith'ari, which may explain the reason for his quest against the republic, before his betrayal at Malak's hand. I also agree that it would be somewhat cool to possibly throw that into the third installment of KOTOR, whether they will or not, remains to be seen. Besides if Revan was such a nice guy, like kreia claims, why not warn the jedi, of the unseen menace, and work with them, why hunt and kill them, when you could ally with them to save the universe? The answer simple.........REVAN WAS EVIL, plain and simple, he hungered for power, and became a sith.

Sorry I know I went a little off topic........lol.
 Hallucination
11-16-2005, 7:44 PM
Ehr...

I recall that the Sith was a species, and the Jedi of the first split (even far before Exar) just took over the name.
This Sith'ari could be that species..they are supposed to be born force sensitive, and to be extremely evil.

Could that be it?
The sith'ari was supposed to be just one guy who happened to be a super-sith. Not a species.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-16-2005, 8:09 PM
The sith'ari was supposed to be just one guy who happened to be a super-sith. Not a species.
Correct. But not just that, but also a creation of the Dark particle of the Force (you are making me spit out my story ><).
 Hallucination
11-16-2005, 8:50 PM
Dark particle of the force? I gotta here this :)
 Ztalker
11-17-2005, 8:36 AM
Could you please tell us?

I only know that the Sith we know are just dark jedi, and only cary the name.
 Axe Windu
11-17-2005, 4:03 PM
Yo vlada misquoted me Im sueing...

I agree with Sion. Revan was one BMF. Totally evil. See Revan was Lawful Evil. He had a huge longterm plan and was a very smart tactician. Where Malak was Chaotic Evil. He just wanted to destroy **** and show his power and laugh an evil laugh. He only really planned when **** hit the fan. That was the whole point of the Redemption of Revan. Making him LS proved turning to the dark side is not because of what person you are its because of the choices you make and the corruption. He was totally evil and now hes good because his dark taint was removed. He was not good pretending to be evil. I mean why did he make HK then? Talk about evil HK is like the evilist thing ever... and thus sooo cool.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-17-2005, 4:13 PM
Could you please tell us?

I only know that the Sith we know are just dark jedi, and only cary the name.
It is so easy that I don't think that I need to say it. But anyway:

Who were the Sith sent to kill?

Easy, the last of the Jedi, the Exile (Ry'ghol as they call him/her)
Let me explain:

Nilhus, Sion and Kreia... The trio of the last Sith Lords in the Galaxy. But they were only in hte known regions. Their fanaticism and determination to complete their goals no matter what, points out to something more than just to kill Jedi and crush the Republic. To sacrifice yourself just in order to kill someone or turn them to your side is stupid... Unless there was something more to do there.

From what we saw in KOTOR 2, and from what we heard it is certanily something more.

The Jedi Masters, who we saw in KOTOR 2, always said that training Revan was a mistake they will never make again, and they always said that they were wrong when training Ry'ghol and that s**t happens and so... But none of them, never said that training Ry'ghol was a mistake. Instead they thought that it was dangerous to keep him connected to the Force, because of what he had, of what he was...

The Sith Lords, however, thought differeantly: They hunted him, fanaticly and determined. Why did they do it?

What I am about to tell, might not be accurate, but very strange at some point... Let's look at what were the goals of the Sith.

The Sith Lords, being so determined, could have only acted to do something, that by doing something with the Chosen One, they would control the Force. But they needed many things to do:

They had 2 primary objectives:

1. DESTROY THE REPUBLIC:

This objective was pretty obvious when Nilhus attacked The Telos Restoration Project AND when Vaklu decieded to ally with the Sith (and got their support). It was said many times in the game that the Republic depends on the sucessfulness of the Telos Restoration Project, and the situation on Onderon. And it wasn't such a surprising thing to attack the thing that was mostly defended: The Project was weak; Czerka was halting it; the Station was running out of fuel; And one torpedo was enough to blow it to hell. So I don't think that it was such a problem to do this.

And they did... They destroyed the Telos Station. Destroying the Republic; Forever...

2. KILL ALL OF THE REMAINING JEDI:

Now this objective was far more complicated to do, since the Jedi were too numerous. This objective became obvious when Nilhus destroyed Katharr, in order to exterminate all Jedi. Regretablly, some survived. But the main objective, the last of the Jedi, was no where to be found.

They had only ONE lead: THE EBON HAWK

Sion was sent out to search for Ry'ghol (Will be refered as Ryan Pano from now on). He found out that Kreia, was on the Ebon Hawk, and thought that he could lure the Republic to them. Kreia and Sion found Ryan. And so it went on. But they still had to use Atris, who was on their side to make Ryan a bait, so that he could lure out the Jedi Masters. Atris turned to the Dark Side willingly, to make Ryan a bait to lure the Sith out, so that she could turn against them and defeat them; but she failed in her attempt. There were to variants to completing their goal:

A) If Kreia managed to convert Ryan to the Dark Side to join the Sith, all they had to do is destroy the Republic and have Ryan kill all of the Jedi Masters.

Regreatably, the conflict between Kreia and Sion, which lead to it that Sion wanted to kill Ryan in order to have his revenge on Kreia; and Nilhus' determination to become the wielder of what Ryan held inside himself, turned out to be their end. And that is what occured.

B) BUT If Ryan chose to walk the path of the Light, then he was supposed to be killed so that Nilhus would wield what Ryan carried inside himself.

But the disagreements between the Sith Lords was their undoing, and so that ended up with their deaths.

They needed him, because he had the power to control through the Force, making him independent of it. He could control others through the Force... But it was also possible that he could control the Force himself.

Now, I'll need to stop here because I said too much already. I'll have to tell you more later, because there is so much more to tell, that it makes my head spin.

That's all I had to say...
 Hallucination
11-17-2005, 8:45 PM
Thank you for the story :) +10 cool points.
Page: 1 of 1