Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does the timeline go far enough?

Page: 2 of 2
 xSiri_Tachix
12-22-2005, 3:15 AM
StealthWar42,

The original debate was whether or not the timeline goes far enough. I think it does, and I’m more then happy with everything that I’ve already seen in the game. I think there will at least be one expansion for this game which will likely cover up to ROTJ (and a little beyond?).

The Death Star II was a secondary debate, and most people were disagreeing on the basis that the DS II was incompatible and didn’t make sense within the context and timeline in which this game takes place. I think they were debating that the Death Star II doesn’t make sense due to the Time Line covered. It was also unclear whether you wanted both Death Stars in the game, or an upgrade that would obsolete the first one and only have one Death Star. I have no problem with the DS II in the game as long as it is compatible with the timeline.

I hope the modders make a Kotor mod for this game. That would be cool:)
 Xsoy
12-22-2005, 12:51 PM
actually im fine with the timeline, since this is where the biggest steps in star wars technology was comitted. besides the timeline is only restricting which units you can purchase/create, it dosent stop you from emagining that you play the entire star wars saga to the end from ANH..

- Xsoy
 Rok_stoned
01-01-2006, 12:42 AM
No second deathh star?!?!?! so you can't build another after its been destroyed? why? J/K. The second death star barely had any improvements, Infact they might include the second deathstar in an expansion by granting several upgrades rather than a new unit.
 aggie_john
01-01-2006, 5:59 PM
To be honest I hear the debate over whether the time line goes far enough and I see both points of view, however my thoughts are the time line does not go back far enough. Meaning where is the Early Empire stuff. What the Aclamator, the Venator is out as a regular ship. One walker perhaps? No Clones at all. It Takes place like two years before ANH kinda a short time line for a massive glalatic conquest game. I mean RTW covered like 300 years I can see why people are disapointed abit with the time line. It just doesnt seem very long to me. I felt it should start like a year or two after ROTS not 2 years before ANH, but thats just me. This game does brag that it was suppose to be the link between the prequels and OT, but even the sound track is geared completely for OT time line which would be fine if they included the whole OT 4-6.

I think it even addresses balance alittle better this way to because the Empire would not start off with Imperial ships but rather older Republic stuff. Give the Rebels a chance to build up a bit.
 Darth Dissler
01-02-2006, 10:06 PM
ya i can see a expansion coming....wish this game went alittle farther...like ep 6
 Xtreme Muppet
01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I feel that the timeline is just fine. I mean, EAW originally (or as I gather it) was made to be the final tie in between the original trilogy and prequels. True they may not be reaching the goal as much as they would have liked, I.E. Venerators, but that’s what they advertised as, so that’s what we’ll have to live with. Besides, you pretty much are given enough tech to envision your star wars fantasies up to episode V, after that we will have to look to mods or an expansion pack.
 Tchilli
01-07-2006, 11:15 AM
I voted for "yes".

i think the timeline goes far enough. But, i think they should make at least 1 expansion where you can play as the trade federation and naboo etc. (so that the game begins by episode 1). and then a new expansion where you can play to ROTJ.(so that the game ends with episode 6) So that we eventually can play the whole starwars 'timeline'.
But Again i think just to laungh the game with the current timeline would be just fine. (we need to learn to play the game and get used to it too) and all in once would be too much.
 xSiri_Tachix
01-07-2006, 2:17 PM
I voted for "yes".

i think the timeline goes far enough. But, i think they should make at least 1 expansion where you can play as the trade federation and naboo etc. (so that the game begins by episode 1). and then a new expansion where you can play to ROTJ.(so that the game ends with episode 6) So that we eventually can play the whole starwars 'timeline'.
But Again i think just to laungh the game with the current timeline would be just fine. (we need to learn to play the game and get used to it too) and all in once would be too much.

Maybe they are saving the Venator for the old Republic vs Sep in a future expansion? lol I hope they add more playable factions because just two is sort of old school Warcraft II style (Orcs vs Humans).
 Tchilli
01-08-2006, 5:39 AM
Maybe they are saving the Venator for the old Republic vs Sep in a future expansion? lol I hope they add more playable factions because just two is sort of old school Warcraft II style (Orcs vs Humans).

yep thats what i meant to begin this game with 2 factions is good, but they should multieply it in time. (so that the game stays interesting)
 Jeff
01-08-2006, 8:36 AM
But that's what star wars is, it's only the empire and the rebellion. It's not like there's room to add more factions for expansion packs because they wouldn't make sense with the time period.
 THrawn((9
01-08-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm Fine with the Timeline theres no need for anything else at the moment when the games released i'm in favor of them bringing a espansion out.
 Darth Diddler
01-09-2006, 1:17 AM
Well i hope if they do come out with an expansion packs that it could take place 20 years ofter RTOTJ where the empire is fighting back like the reb's are in this one.....DD

They could have new ships...fighters...tech....troops...and maybe even a third race that can come in to play in the med of the game(CPU)....DD

:king1:
 Foshjedi2004
01-09-2006, 5:14 AM
The A-wing design was completed just after Yavin with it being sent from Dodonna to Blissex for final completion. It was designed after Dodonna noticed that the Alliance needed speed to battle the Fast TIE Fighters. It was put into limited production prior to Hoth. We know this as Tycho Celchu mentions that the A-wings at Endor were made in small workshop setups with the interior of his A-wing haveing inlaid wood from Cardooine.

The Lancer Class Frigate was in limited production in the ANH-ESB period as a direct counter to the X-wing and Y-wing bomber threats against Imperial shipping concerns.

The SSD was in production prior to Yavin. In the Months subsequent to Yavin it was shook down and then the Executor was delivered to Vader's Death Squadron at the Yavin blockade. In this Fleet there were also the initial run of ISD2s.

According to this then all of the above ships should be in EAW!!! As The A-wing was produced AFTER the SSD was made.

As a Response to the SSD the B-wing was designed and made by Ackbar and some Verpine Techs.
Page: 2 of 2