Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lot's of lag on xbox live?

Page: 1 of 1
 Gh0s7rId3r
11-13-2005, 7:19 PM
I just got this game about 2 days ago. i think its great but my only complaint is it is sometimes very laggy on ground maps and also all space maps for me lag really bad, like almost constantly making it very difficult to use anything but the homing rockets. I know its not me because I dont get this lag in any other game. Does anyone else get this too, espically space map lag?
 Darth Groovy
12-03-2005, 12:58 AM
This one doesn't lag for me on live nearly as much as the last BF game did. I DO get lag from time to time. The two major things that seem to cause lag are the time of day(peak times during weekends...oh boy...), AND wether or not your playing on a dedicated server. If somebody is hosting from an xbox console, regardless of his/her broadband connection, lag seems to be inevitable.
 TSR
12-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Also, the sytem will lag more if you have an internet browser opened and being used whilst playing. That can sometimes cause lag as millions of bytes try to come back and forth through a tiny cable
 KenobiChronicle
12-28-2005, 5:20 PM
Dude, This is console talk.
 grunty
01-02-2006, 3:56 AM
I always do dedicated servers when they are available. Lag is for the most part eliminated.
 KenobiChronicle
01-02-2006, 3:38 PM
Dedicateds have good lag, but they're too raw. I prefer any server as long as its latency isnt high.
Page: 1 of 1