Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR Remix 0.3!

Page: 1 of 1
 shamelessposer
11-13-2005, 6:52 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17107.html)

For best effect, I suggest saving right after killing Davik and waiting until the next release before continuing.

SHAMELESS POSER KOTOR REMIX
Version 0.3
(reverendclayton@gmail.com)
====

DESCRIPTION
----

Knights of the Old Republic is a great game, but it's hard to see that after you've played it long enough. I personally have had a lot of trouble getting back into it after playing KOTOR2, because even though the story is much better in the original and the game overall is more polished, KOTOR2 just had some wonderful bells and whistles that are very much missed on subsequent playthroughs. Just to give myself a reason to work my way through KOTOR again after a crash took out all of my savegames, I decided I'd get to work on a mod of my own. The Shameless Poser KOTOR Remix is a collection of different features and alterations made to the game in order to help revitalize gameplay a little bit.

NEW FEATURES:
-A new character, Sergeant Garon Tetra, is recruitable in the Undercity. He takes the place of the previous Endar Spire survivor, and joins your party if given the Rakghoul serum. He stays on until you get to Dantooine, at which point he leaves the party and is assigned to guard duty near the place where the Ebon Hawk docks. He plays a little like Canderous used to, but has Weapon Specialization in rifles rather than Heavy Weapons.
-Kirby, a robe salesman, is now on Dantooine.
-Juhani has her own lightsaber now.

WHAT THIS MOD DOES (OLD NEWS, OLD VERSIONS):
-T3-H8 is now recruitable. You can use him to enter the Sith Base on Taris as early as level two, but this is a self-correcting problem as the guards will turn you into hamburger before you get far enough to screw up anything. He doesn't have his portrait after literally hours of trying. If anyone can get some good portraits of T3-H8 and send me a working portraits.2da and p_t3h8.utc, I'd be very much obliged (and put your name in the credits).
-Soldiers now dress like soldiers.
-Republic Mod Armor is now found in the chest next to your bunk on the Endar Spire.
-Carth now wears a Republic officer's uniform. If you're a fan of his original duds, don't fret! His bomber jacket is now an item only he can wear, and provides minimal protection from the bad guys. It's upgradeable, too.
-Ever wonder why Bastila uses a double-bladed saber throughout the game, but always uses a single-bladed one in the movie scenes? I know I have. Check out the Endar Spire and you might find it...
-There are three other new lightsabers. You get one by recruiting Jolee Bindo, one by killing Darth Bandon, and one by killing Calo Nord. They don't have new models or textures (because I'm an idiot), but they do have their own strengths and weaknesses for you to explore. Expect many more of these in a later update.
-Jolee also has his own robe. Expect more of these character-specific outfits in a later update.
-New portraits for everyone but Trask.
-I've slowed down the force power progression so that you don't end up like I always do; taking powers you don't even want just because you have to. The shorter list is meant to benefit you as a player, not hinder you, and I think you'll find that things work smoother with fewer powers.
-All skills are now class skills for everyone. This allows the player character and the NPCs to be a little more versatile. The skill choices for the NPCs reflect this.
-All characters have had their attribute scores altered so they are on the same thirty point scale as the player's character. This means that Bastila has suffered a little, Canderous has had a slight boost, and the others have just had some minor changes.
-Most NPCs have seen their feat selections changed up a little bit. The biggest of these changes is that Canderous is now a capable attacker at any range, but there are subtle differences for almost every character.
-Much like in The Sith Lords, characters will now regenerate Vitality Points out of combat. Also, Force Point regeneration has been increased by 50%. This should reduce the period of time you spend just standing around waiting after a tough battle.
-Canderous now comes with an extra Prototype Vibroblade, so he can put his newfound melee abilities to use "out of the box."

What this mod will do in the future:
-After becoming a Jedi, train an apprentice!
-Actual decision making when creating your first lightsaber!
-More recruitables!
-Hoth!

CREDITS
----
This mod has been done by Shameless Poser (Clayton Wick). His bare-bones writing site is at http://www.shamelessposer.4t.com) if you're inclined to look.
This mod would not have been possible without Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool. KOTOR Tool takes an impossible task and turns it into something that's just staggeringly counterintuitive. In many ways, he's the backbone of the KOTOR and KOTOR2 modding community. Send all of your thanks, booze and hookers to http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/index.html) .
Also, the folks at Holowan Labs are some very nice people who have lots of very nice tutorials. They're at http://www.starwarsknights.com) .
 Soogz
11-13-2005, 7:06 PM
Wow. That's a real quality mod. I am going to use that one sometime. Nice Job.
 DarkExcalibur42
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
That's a majorly big pile of random mega-moddage!! One question though...

Which files are specifically for recruiting Garon Tetra? I'm doing a play-through of KOTOR right now on my minorly-modded game and am ALMOST to Taris lower city atm...

I found 28 files with either his name or "republic so" in it, and i'm guessing that's him...

Can't wait to test all this out on the modded version!

(if i make no sense it's because I have 2 copies of KOTOR on my comp: One where I test EVERY MOD, and the second where all the best of the best get installed. :D Helps me debug myself and prevents the hassle of uninstalling mods that are good, but not legendarily awesome. P.S. Garon Tetra is a mod I requested, and he was MADE!!!! :D :D :D I call that legend-worthy!!!)
 GDI Lord
11-14-2005, 4:18 AM
Thanks shamelessposer. Sounds like a nice mod. Downloading it now. I'll get back to you after I test it a bit...
 shamelessposer
11-14-2005, 4:23 AM
Just about everything with "garon" or "republic" in it relates to Garon. I was unable to do a lot of what I wanted to do, though, so a lot of it is random crap that was never implemented. Even I can't tell you what's what, so be safe and dump all of them.

Also, after more testing, it has come to my attention that you actually CAN'T play this mod past your first meeting with the Jedi Council. For some reason, Bastila's dialog is bugged at that point. I'll try and correct that problem as soon as I can.
 YertyL
11-23-2005, 2:56 PM
Nice work!
I still got a problem trying it out though :(
After recruiting Garon, all I see of him is a white portrait and a headless female scout model... Do you by chance know how to fix this?
 Dark_lord_Cheez
11-25-2005, 7:05 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I just did a quick playthrough with this mod and found a few glitches I wanted to bring to your attention:

*When I go to recruit T3-H8 the conversation skips to the party selection screen, and after hitting 'ok' (there isn't a mouse however) it brings me back into the dialogue, and makes the rest of the dialogue unskippable. I think that it would work right if you moved the recruit script to the last line of the dialogue so the script doesn't fire half-way through the dialogue.
*The backpack which contains Bastila's single-bladed saber overwrites the backpack in the taris appartments also, making the sith party quest unfinishable (you aren't able to get the sith armor from the backpack anymore, instead you just get bastila's lightsaber again, and a blaster pistol) As far as I know this can be fixed through scripting, though I'm not sure on specifics, I don't have much experience in doing something like this... but the tutorials might help :D
*Just a minor critique, but in the description for Bastila's saber you spelled 'this' wrong, you wrote 'twhis' like I said, very minor, but it helps give the mod a more complete feeling ;)

and I'm not sure if this is an actual glitch, seeing as I'm used to playing the xbox version and whenever I play the pc version I never have T3 in my party, but when you switch T3-H8 to party leader the camera angle is brought about 2 feet (in game) from the floor. It's not really something I'd complain about, because I actually like the variation in the camera angles, but I don't know how other people would feel about it ;)

Hope this helps you, I really enjoy this mod and can't wait for the next version :D
 YertyL
11-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Oh btw. where's Kirby? I haven't found him yet (on Dantooine) and I would really like to be able to buy some robes :)
 slmjmosumb
11-26-2005, 5:20 PM
Nice mod, is there any way to only add certain parts of the mod instead of the whole thing at once? There are a few really intriguing mods included (specifically the all skills are class skills) that I would really like to add. However some of the other tweaks are a little more than I'm looking for. So if you (or any other modders out there) have any hints for me I would much appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

PS - I'm pretty new to this KOTOR mod scene. Thanks for any newbie help.
 shamelessposer
11-26-2005, 6:38 PM
Oh btw. where's Kirby? I haven't found him yet (on Dantooine) and I would really like to be able to buy some robes :)

Kirby being on the list for new features was an unfortunate mistake... he was added, but then my hard drive crashed. Don't worry, though, he'll be back new and improved in version 0.4.
 shamelessposer
11-26-2005, 6:43 PM
*When I go to recruit T3-H8 the conversation skips to the party selection screen, and after hitting 'ok' (there isn't a mouse however) it brings me back into the dialogue, and makes the rest of the dialogue unskippable. I think that it would work right if you moved the recruit script to the last line of the dialogue so the script doesn't fire half-way through the dialogue.

I'll try what you've suggested and see if it works any better.

*The backpack which contains Bastila's single-bladed saber overwrites the backpack in the taris appartments also, making the sith party quest unfinishable (you aren't able to get the sith armor from the backpack anymore, instead you just get bastila's lightsaber again, and a blaster pistol) As far as I know this can be fixed through scripting, though I'm not sure on specifics, I don't have much experience in doing something like this... but the tutorials might help :D

This has already been fixed. Brejik now has Bastila's lightsaber, which I personally think makes more sense anyway.

*Just a minor critique, but in the description for Bastila's saber you spelled 'this' wrong, you wrote 'twhis' like I said, very minor, but it helps give the mod a more complete feeling ;)

I hate when typos find their way into my work. Thanks for catching this one.

and I'm not sure if this is an actual glitch, seeing as I'm used to playing the xbox version and whenever I play the pc version I never have T3 in my party, but when you switch T3-H8 to party leader the camera angle is brought about 2 feet (in game) from the floor. It's not really something I'd complain about, because I actually like the variation in the camera angles, but I don't know how other people would feel about it ;)

I don't think there's a way to fix it, and I wouldn't bother anyway. Like you, I think the variation in in camera angle is a fun little change.

Hope this helps you, I really enjoy this mod and can't wait for the next version :D

Thanks. This is exactly the kind of nitpicking I wish other people's mods were subjected to before final release. :)
 shamelessposer
12-02-2005, 8:14 PM
I just wanted to announce that any further updates to the KOTOR Remix aren't likely to be forthcoming in the near future. I have to write a two-act play before Christmas break, for one, and have gotten pretty active in a few different IRC roleplaying campaigns of my own design. That isn't to say that the KOTOR Remix is abandoned... it'll just take a while before I'll be capable of doing much with it.

Kind of fortunate, in the long run. I was getting close to a burnout anyway.
 YertyL
12-10-2005, 4:22 PM
I am not sure if I am the only one getting that error, but Garon doesn't seem to like leaving me so soon :p - with the effect of HK-47 not being recruitable.
I don't want to sound too negative though - this is a great mod! Are you sure you won't have time to fix/add just the minor things mentioned, shamelessposer? :p
 RobQel-Droma
12-10-2005, 4:54 PM
Major "kewl" points, SP. This looks great. Maybe once I get through TSL a couple of times I will have to go back and download this.
 shamelessposer
12-11-2005, 5:35 PM
Are you sure you won't have time to fix/add just the minor things mentioned, shamelessposer? :p

The "minor" things mentioned aren't so minor, which is why I've been working on them on and off since I announced my hiatus even though I swore I'd stop modding for awhile. :p

In the next couple of weeks, expect there to be a 0.4 release that wraps up most of the loose ends up to Dantooine and (hopefully) includes a new recruitable.
Page: 1 of 1