Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Units

Page: 1 of 1
 Perfect Soldier
11-13-2005, 2:10 PM
Do you believe with the tech tree ending at ANH but going a little farther that there will be a lack of units?Or a lack of variety?
 Jeff
11-13-2005, 2:25 PM
I don't think we will be disappointed by the number of units. They include many units that are not in ANH but are said to have been around at the time. I think there only could have been a few more ships had the gone past ANH, like the B-Wing, which isn't going to be included. But no, I don't think there will be a lack of units, or lack of variety.
 swphreak
11-13-2005, 2:32 PM
I think the disappointment in units [for me] will be the fact that they ended the techs at ANH or somewhere along there. I would have loved it if there were some [post ROTJ] EU.
 DarthMaulUK
11-13-2005, 3:24 PM
Ive heard that the game will have 30% of units from the expanded universe

DMUK
 Admiral Sith
11-13-2005, 3:35 PM
No matter how deprived its gonna be im gonna buy it, Legacy with fill it all in
 OOM-911
11-13-2005, 3:56 PM
same herer

but i strongly think that the game will go past episode6 even if they dont have all the units :x-wing: :x-wing: :x-wing:
 popcorn2008
11-13-2005, 4:03 PM
So far I think the rebels have a greater advantage star fighter wise, with the X-Wing, Y-Wing, and A-Wing. I find it a disapointment that they couldnt just go ahead and add a few more ships from the rest of the original trilogy. I would also like to see just a few more episode three fighters and technology seeing as the game is supposed to bridge the trilogies.

I think Lucas Arts needs to release more information though before I make up my mind.
 Jeff
11-13-2005, 4:04 PM
but i strongly think that the game will go past episode6 even if they dont have all the units :x-wing: :x-wing: :x-wing:Unfortunately the game doesn't go past ANH. I'm guessing it goes up until the end of ANH, since in the trailer you see the death star being destroyed.
 -=Nuke=-
11-13-2005, 4:26 PM
I dont think there will be a lack... and there will be a expasion for sure.... ... i hope.
 Jan Gaarni
11-13-2005, 4:41 PM
So far I think the rebels have a greater advantage star fighter wise, with the X-Wing, Y-Wing, and A-Wing.
But with the way you acquire the X-Wing, as a rebel you might not even get it if you fail.
 shadowsfm
11-13-2005, 5:01 PM
so we fly z-95s?
 Darth Windu
11-13-2005, 10:29 PM
DMUK - and that's a good thing?

I'm just glad the game will be easily moddable so I don't have to play the train wreck that EaW is becoming.
 lukeiamyourdad
11-13-2005, 11:22 PM
DMUK - and that's a good thing?

Because filling the gameplay holes is a bad thing?
 -=Nuke=-
11-14-2005, 4:48 AM
The only thing at the moment that dissapointed me was that the Acclimator cannot transport Units (and isnґt able to land on planets). I thinks the acclimator is mainly a Transport and should be used as one...
 BattleDamage
11-14-2005, 4:10 PM
i really arnt looking forward to the ROTS additions as much as everyone else, because who really wants to use such otdated technology.
 Jeff
11-14-2005, 4:13 PM
i really arnt looking forward to the ROTS additions as much as everyone else, because who really wants to use such otdated technology.It's not really that outdated. 20 year difference between RotS and ANH, the technology isn't that greater in ANH.
 darthfergie
11-14-2005, 4:34 PM
From the trailers and screenshots I've seen, there's already more than enough units to satisfy my craving. I mean if you think about it, we already know there is a larger variety of units in this game than there are in SW Rebellion which is a major point of comparison just looking at screenshots and the trailers. Especially in the land part.
There may not be 300 unique units, but if there were I'd probably go nuts trying to keep up with each one's stats. No I think they'll have a pretty good balance of units not a ton and a half, but more than enough plus upgrades, plus heros = a lot of variety.
 Darth_Extas
11-16-2005, 9:50 PM
That is true but having more information on the units is always essential to the game, so I may sway between wanting more information and thinking there is enough.
 SirLancelot
11-17-2005, 1:14 AM
I don't think the variety of units is going to be a disappointment. Especially if they are pulling from the EU.
 Darth Alec
11-17-2005, 9:52 AM
They did say that they would have some ROTJ stuff, so I don't belive there will be a lack.
 SirLancelot
11-17-2005, 12:00 PM
The EU from the books had so many units not seen in the films on both sides, it's incredible. If they add these, which is what I've heard, no one will be disappointed with the diversity of troops and equipmetn available.
 Admiral Sith
11-18-2005, 7:15 AM
Correction, the Tech Tree ends at ANH, the timeline does not exist, you end the game when you complete the victory conditions(whatever they will be)
Page: 1 of 1