Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is this a bug or what?

Page: 1 of 1
 Flamebird
07-30-2000, 1:42 AM
I had to borrow a screenshot from Ms. Talon because I'm having trouble getting one myself. I have edited it to make it look similar to what's happening to me. That white bit up in the top right actually happens - its weird.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~soniq/snap086.jpg)

any help on how to turn it off or fix it (I've tried putting an update patch on) would be appreciated.
 garyah99
07-30-2000, 2:13 AM
Not a clue. Looks like a cross between XWA and Freespace 2. I have never seen the ship you're attacking. If this is from an add on pack I'd suggest asking the person that made it.
 Flamebird
07-30-2000, 3:15 AM
I borrowed that screenshot and edited it to make it look what my XWA looks like. I don't have any add-on packs or anything.
 Tek Gunner
07-30-2000, 5:37 PM
Yeah, I understand what you did now. It looks more like a Tech problem, so you can now find this thread in the Tech Center. Have a nice day. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/cool.gif)
 K_Kinnison
07-30-2000, 6:27 PM
THis is a bug, i am not sure where you got your version of XWA, but i would go and get a replacement copy, and re-install. This is NOT suppose to happen, and has only appeared in the last few months. Get a newer copy.
 Fondas
08-03-2000, 7:59 AM
You probably mean the black aiming reticle, right ?
Make sure you have the 2.02 patch, although I don't think that this is your problem. It looks more like a vga driver/ DirectX problem.
Check the version of the DirectX you're using and then your vga driver's. Make sure you got the newest one.
 Ajim
05-22-2001, 6:20 AM
installed 8.8 but still alot of files are missing? i dont get ME...its weird..maybe I should downgrade to 98

------------------
Ace Rulez
Page: 1 of 1