Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL] Simbacca's Party Variations

Page: 1 of 1
 Simbacca
11-11-2005, 3:59 PM
ever wanted a Canderous whose stats were more inline with the use of his Ordo's Repeating Blaster? or how about a Juhani with more feats, like a Soldier/Guardian type NPC should? or how about a Bastilla that wields a single saber, like from the visions? or how about something as small as just a Jolee Bindo that was a little bit dark instead of a little bit light?

here is a small mod i just made quickly. i was original going to release two seperate ones, but it was easy enough to merge the two into one mod with two folders (go go WinRAR). this mod works best with a fresh New Game. i did nothing difficult here, but it may provide a slight change in the gameplay for a new playthrough. for details, the ReadMe is posted below.

download here: http://pcgamemods.com/mod/17047.html)
***alternative download pending at LucasFiles***

ReadMe:

-------------------------------
Simbacca's Party Variations
-------------------------------

v 1.0
created by: Simbacca
released 11/11/2005

----------------------
Description:

This mod allows the user to decide what variation of the ingame Party members to use; either Simbacca's Variation 1, Simbacca's Variation 2, or the originals. The differences between the three choices could be Attributes, Feats, Force Powers, or any combination of those. This mod includes two variations for Bastilla, Canderous, Carth, and Jolee, and one variation for Juhani and Mission. More details on these variations below.

----------------------
Installation:

After extracting, there will be two folders, "Party Variation 1" and "Party Variation 2". Installation varies depending on the desires of the user. For example if Joe wants to use Variation 1 Canderous and Jolee, and use Variation 2 Carth, and continue to use the originals for the rest of the party, then Joe would have to put three files, p_cand.utc and p_jolee.utc from the folder "Party Variations 1" and the p_carth.utc from the folder "Party Variaions 2", into his Override folder. That's it! The changes will already be in effect when you recruit those party members (its best to start a new game to use these variations).

Also for those that want to use either Bastilla variation, you should also put into your Override the file tar03_brejik031.utc. This file affects what items you will get off of the remains of Brejik after defeating him.

And one more thing: in each variation folder, you will notice another folder called "Use with Bastilla's RR". This folder contains the same variation of Bastila as the Variation folder it is in, but it is also compatiable with Chains.2da's mod Bastilla's Revelation Robes(which can be found at http://www.jumpstationz.com/). So, if you are use the Bastilla Revelation Robes mod for your next new game and you also want to use one of my Bastilla variations, use the p_bastilla.utc from one of the "Use with Bastilla's RR" folders.

---------------------
Variation Details:
---------------------

Bastilla Variation 1:

attributes: same

feats: changed
removed Two Weapon Fighting
added Dueling
added Critical Strike

force powers: changed
added Burst of Speed

Brejik's Corpse:
removed Yellow Double-Bladed Lightsaber
added Yellow Lightsaber

Bastilla Variation 2:

attributes: changed
Str 12 -> 10
Dex 18 -> 17
Con 12 -> 13
Int 10 -> 10
Wis 12 -> 13
Cha 15 -> 17

removed Two Weapon Fighting
added Dueling
added Critical Strike

added Burst of Speed

Brejik's Corpse:
removed Yellow Double-Bladed Lightsaber
added Yellow Lightsaber

Canderous Variation 1:

Str 15 -> 15
Dex 12 -> 13
Con 14 -> 16
Int 10 -> 11
Wis 14 -> 14
Cha 10 -> 10

removed Weapon Specialization Heavy Weapons
removed Rapid Shot
added Weapon Specialization Melee
added Critical Strike
added Improved Power Attack

Canderous Variation 2:

Str 15 -> 11
Dex 12 -> 16
Con 14 -> 16
Int 10 -> 11
Wis 14 -> 14
Cha 10 -> 10

added Improved Power Blast

Carth Variation 1:

Str 13 -> 13
Dex 16 -> 17
Con 12 -> 12
Int 13 -> 13
Wis 10 -> 10
Cha 12 -> 12

added Implants 1

Carth Variation 2:

Str 13 -> 15
Dex 16 -> 15
Con 12 -> 12
Int 13 -> 14
Wis 10 -> 10
Cha 12 -> 12

removed Weapon Specialization Blaster Pistol
added Weapon Specialization Melee
added Impants 1

inventory:
added Prototype Vibroblade

Jolee Variation 1:

Str 12 -> 10
Dex 16 -> 16
Con 12 -> 11
Int 12 -> 12
Wis 15 -> 16
Cha 15 -> 16

added Shock

alignment: same

Jolee Variation 2:

Str 12 -> 10
Dex 16 -> 11
Con 12 -> 16
Int 12 -> 12
Wis 15 -> 16
Cha 15 -> 16

removed Force Aura
removed Force Valor
added Shock
added Slow
added Wound

alignment: changed
55 -> 45

Juhani Variation 1:

Str 13 -> 15
Dex 16 -> 16
Con 14 -> 14
Int 14 -> 12
Wis 12 -> 12
Cha 13 -> 12

added Weapon Focus Lightsaber
added Improved Power Attack
added Critical Strike
added Improved Critical Strike
added Flurry
added Improved Flurry
added Implants 1
added Implants 2

Mission Variation 1:

Str 10 -> 10
Dex 16 -> 17
Con 12 -> 12
Int 14 -> 16
Wis 11 -> 12
Cha 10 -> 10

added Flurry
added Power Blast
added Implant 1
added Toughness

special thanks to:
Fred Tetra for creating the KotOR tool
 deathdisco
11-12-2005, 11:41 PM
I did the Bastila single blade thing for myself a while ago. Did you change it for the Leviathan confrontation as well? When I did it it worked fine except at the very end when
the doors close on Malak and Bastila. When he's attacking her she dosen't have a lightsaber(she's unarmed) anymore.
 Simbacca
12-11-2005, 1:41 AM
I did the Bastila single blade thing for myself a while ago. Did you change it for the Leviathan confrontation as well? When I did it it worked fine except at the very end when
the doors close on Malak and Bastila. When he's attacking her she dosen't have a lightsaber(she's unarmed) anymore.

no i did not think of that. i made this mod fairly quickly, as a break from working on a more pain-in-the-butt mod and as such i didn't think of that.
 mattyvirgo
01-12-2008, 9:18 AM
Does anybody know where i can get this mod. I have looked everywhere for it and cant seem to find it.

Thanks
 DarthJebus05
01-12-2008, 9:37 AM
Try contacting the author. He/shes still active, last login was a few hours ago.
 Darth Xander
01-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Just leave the author a poilite PM and he/she will see it when they log in.
 Simbacca
01-12-2008, 1:40 PM
Actually I am hardly ever on these forums, and haven't really been activate here in years. Every once in a while I pass through though...

I am glad you are interested in my mod, but unfortunately it seems pcgamemods.com has fallen since I was last here. It was there that my 7 or so mods were hosted. I would like to reupload some of them now that I know this has occurred, but I have been away for so long that I do not know what are the major KotOR 1 mod upload sites are! I did just looked at KotOR2Files, but their process to get something uploaded seemed far too bothersome. Are there any other major KotOR 1 Mod sites still in operation that I can upload too?

response to Salzella below: i guess my problem with KotOR2Files i mentioned in this post was really due to needing a screenshot to upload. i am not very active with KotOR anymore, and even if i was what screenshot could i give for this mod?
 Salzella
01-12-2008, 2:00 PM
I think the only major one is KOTORfiles, and it's certainly the biggest. I'd recommend uploading them there, they'd get a lot more exposure there than they would, say, here or some similiar site, as it's frequented by people who aren't necessarily members of this site.
 mattyvirgo
01-12-2008, 6:57 PM
I know it would be a hassle Simbacca to upload it to a site. If you would rather you could send it to me and with your permission i will get it uploaded for you as i really think people will want this mod once they discover it.
 Simbacca
01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Here's an update:

***alternative download pending at LucasFiles***

I hope anyway :) I filled out the form and submitted the file.
 Emperor Devon
01-13-2008, 2:51 AM
LucasFiles is not very well-known for speedy uploads. The last year anything for KotOR went up on their site was in 2006, and IIRC they've received a number of submissions since. (KotorFiles, your own FileFront account and other upload sites tend to get things up faster, btw.)

I did just looked at KotOR2Files, but their process to get something uploaded seemed far too bothersome.

All we require is the mod in a .zip file, a readme saying what it does, and a screenshot sent separately. Given that most people tend to like having when they download something a. the mod, b. some idea of what it does, and c. a picture so they can judge it for themselves, the requirements are not there without reason.

On the subject of screenshots for this, I suppose there's taking a pic of the stat screens for party members. It's rare that we get mods that don't need screens, but it's a site requirement that I have no control over.
 DarthJebus05
01-13-2008, 3:17 AM
Actually I am hardly ever on these forums, and haven't really been activate here in years. Every once in a while I pass through though...

Lucky us then, I saw your last login date and thought "At least this modders active still".
 Simbacca
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
...On the subject of screenshots for this, I suppose there's taking a pic of the stat screens for party members. It's rare that we get mods that don't need screens, but it's a site requirement that I have no control over.

And therein lies the difficulty. I would have to re-install the game, start a new character, adventure until the party members join me, and then take a screenshot of their stats before I ever increase their level. It's not like I have a save sitting around with all the party members un-leveled.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your posting. I will see what I can do but I can't promise when I would be able to get to it.
Page: 1 of 1