Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Telekinesis?

Page: 1 of 1
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
OK, no one went for my force-less opponents idea.
That's OK, it probably wouldn't be fun in this game anyway.
It was just an idea. (a bad one).

What about this one?

As I was playing Kotor2, my mind was wandering, which it often does, on the concept of being able to move objects around with the force.
Possibly even using them as tools or weapons.

There were a few times during a battle where I wanted to pick something up or throw something to distract an enemy. It shouldn't be too hard to program.

Would you like to have this ability in the next game or is it too much of a change for people?
Personally, it would give me something else to master, once I've played a game for the ump-teenth time.
 JediMaster12
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Interesting idea. In fact you can do something like that if you play Episode 3. You have the ability to lift things and fling them at multiple enemies. That would be neat to add to the third game. When they advertised TSL they said there were all new powers and voila, you can have battle meditation, copnfuse mind, etc. So why not make telekinesis as part of the array of powers? Interesting suggestion. :racer:
 Robb Stark
11-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, that's a cool idea and it's demonstrated numerous times in the movies. The only problem is that it would necessitate programming a lot of moveable objects in the game environment, but I haven't played Episode III so if it was implemented well there it could work for KOTOR. It could be very cool if the game developer was dedicated to it, otherwise it could be a bust that takes time away from developing the rest of the game the way it should be. Even if pure telekeniss was left out a nice reward for playing well and reaching a super-high level would be getting Kreia's Mordenkainen's Lightsaber spell as a Force Power.
 Darthrevan_3
11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
K.. that be freakin sweeeeet just like this -----> :lsduel:

Just.. just move things with the force,:lol: fight a stormtrooper or wahtever and then hit them in the head with a rock.. :lol:
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah, if you could do it right it would work. Probably a lot more work for the devs, though, and I would say NO! if it took away from the story time that they had. But if they had time, this would be a nice idea. Perhaps the different levels you could throw even more things at once, or perhaps cause the objects to blow up and cause even more damage. Or have a special property like "Knock Down, DC 14" or something.
 Axe Windu
11-11-2005, 3:18 PM
I said this before as something Id like to see in the game. Id like the ability to telekinetically control a lightsabor and fling objects. Its the only power in the movies that isnt in the game. I mean how often are you fighting and there are just rocks or those broken looking egg things lying around or something. Just pause combat select an object and select a target. Then hurl it via the force. I dont think it would be that hard.
 Aurora Merlow
11-11-2005, 10:51 PM
wouldn't say no to it, does sonud interesting but as Rob said as long as it didn't take away from time spent on creating a viable story
 The_Maker
11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Off Topic: For all you people who want to control lightsabers with the force you might want to check out D333's Mod (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11026.html) :D

On Topic:
It would be cool, but how useful could it be? Really? I mean in the films it IS used but if it was put in K3 it should cost a lot of of FP, or need a ridiculously high DC/saviong throw lvl because imagine spam-casting that power throughout an entire fight and you never even strike your oponent with a weapon? That would take away from the combat a lot methinks :(

If they implemented it correctly and it didn't take away from the storyline and character development I think it would be nice to have :)
 Hallucination
11-12-2005, 1:13 PM
I don't think it would work out, because they'd have to put debris and containers all over the map to throw (unless you just summon rocks and metal shards out of thin air). And then how useful would it be to be throwing stuff at people when you can just through the people into a wall?
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-12-2005, 1:34 PM
And then how useful would it be to be throwing stuff at people when you can just through the people into a wall?
Maybe they can make puzzles and quest brags so that you have to solve them to continue.
 Hallucination
11-12-2005, 2:13 PM
^^That wouldn't be any fun, getting a force power just so you could do a couple quests, and they didn't do it (as in the quest thingy, not the power) in the first 2 so I doubt their gonna do it in the third one.
 joshua05
11-12-2005, 3:38 PM
^^That wouldn't be any fun, getting a force power just so you could do a couple quests, and they didn't do it (as in the quest thingy, not the power) in the first 2 so I doubt their gonna do it in the third one.

Actually they did do the 'quest thingy' in 1. When you were at the Rakatan Temple, and you had to
walk across the tiles, to make them light up, and make an 'H'

So......I suppose it wouldn't be TOO bad....But, I agree that, KOTOR is NOT about solving puzzles...*thinks* then again!

What about when you had to figure out the sequence to make the Sith Passcard void (in republic embassy of KOTOR 1 on Manaan), (void? is that correct?)...and in KOTOR 2, when you are in Freedon Nadd's Tomb, when you use the computers to open up the 2 locked ancient containers. (the math problem and the other problem

(one of them the answer is Replace C and Power Up Terminal ---(something along those lines))

....So...KOTOR HAS had puzzles in it.

((Just proving a point))

Continue!
 Hallucination
11-12-2005, 4:31 PM
Actually they did do the 'quest thingy' in 1. When you were at the Rakatan Temple, and you had to
walk across the tiles, to make them light up, and make an 'H'

So......I suppose it wouldn't be TOO bad....But, I agree that, KOTOR is NOT about solving puzzles...*thinks* then again!

What about when you had to figure out the sequence to make the Sith Passcard void (in republic embassy of KOTOR 1 on Manaan), (void? is that correct?)...and in KOTOR 2, when you are in Freedon Nadd's Tomb, when you use the computers to open up the 2 locked ancient containers. (the math problem and the other problem

It appears I have foiled your plans like mere aluminium, for by 'quest thingy' I meant that they didn't have quests that you needed a certain power to do.
 Ztalker
11-13-2005, 6:13 AM
I don't think any developer would do that...

Anyone played Jedi Knight 2? You do the trial, get pull and push, do some puzzles etc. But you can use them in battle too.
It would be nice to add THAT to Kotor. Just use Force Push to throw a container to Go-To's head(does he even have one?). It would add something to battles. It would make them less lineair...
 JediMaster12
11-16-2005, 4:50 PM
Yeah, if you could do it right it would work. Probably a lot more work for the devs, though, and I would say NO! if it took away from the story time that they had. But if they had time, this would be a nice idea. Perhaps the different levels you could throw even more things at once, or perhaps cause the objects to blow up and cause even more damage. Or have a special property like "Knock Down, DC 14" or something.

Well they were able to implement it into Episode 3. The difference between those two games is that it is a set path, you have to follow a straight line in order to finish the level. KOTOR, you can start a quest and finish it later. There was a trade for one thing over the other so you may be right in that it could take away from the story line. :wan: :awing:
Page: 1 of 1