Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who do you want to start K3 as?

Page: 1 of 1
 vader815
11-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I was wondering if K3 will start out like K1, as being a normal person, or as a jedi.
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Normal guy that is a Republic Soldier perhaps, or a merchant, or somebody. Then you turn into a Jedi after a little bit, once you (suprise :rolleyes: ) learn that you are force sensitive.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-11-2005, 1:14 PM
I would like to start as... some guy.
 Hallucination
11-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Same here. Some guys are like jedi only they aren't.
 Alkonium
11-14-2005, 8:15 AM
I'd rather him already be a Jedi, specifically Revan's Padawan Learner.
 Bob Lion54
11-14-2005, 9:11 AM
Some guy:
I like seeing the revelation that your charactor is force sensitive. Its part of the fun to go from Some Guy to Jedi.
 Prime
11-14-2005, 9:26 AM
Jedi.
 darth_yanstrol
11-14-2005, 9:31 AM
I think it would be cool if Kotor 3 was a continuation of Kotor 2. Like if, somehow you could upload your character from Kotor 2 into Kotor 3 and continue playing. Or if you didn't play Kotor 2 you could start a new game as a prestige class, aboard the Ebon Hawk after you have defeated Darth Traya from Kotor 2.
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Some guy:
I like seeing the revelation that your charactor is force sensitive. Its part of the fun to go from Some Guy to Jedi.

I agree. The decisions you make are what makes the MC who he/she is.
In the many times I play this game, I have quite a diversity of different paths and levels of force power use.
 Lady Vader
11-14-2005, 1:56 PM
Actually, I would like just once to start out as a Jedi with my lightsaber readily available instead of having to regain my Jedi status or work 10 hours for my lightsaber.
I know some people think it's fun to earn it, but I'm not one of those people. If I am to start the game as a Jedi, then I should have my lightsaber at hand. After all, aren't Jedi supposed to be 'married' to their lightsabers?
 Hallucination
11-14-2005, 7:15 PM
^^Unless they're exiles. Or divorced. I enjoy getting to put the saber together, because then your like "hmm should I go for this part or the colour crystal I really want", but thats just me.
 RedHawke
11-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Jedi.
Ditto! ;)

If I wanted to be Some Guy I would play Some Guy's of the Old Republic! :xp:
 Manny C
11-15-2005, 2:35 AM
something about starting as a jedi i didnt like in kotor 2, didnt feel like an appropriate start.

If we do start as jedi, however, id like to fully customise the hilt, im sick of the blank silver hilt.
 lord ignarn
11-15-2005, 5:01 AM
I must agree with Manny C, customizing the hilt of the saber would be good. And, Iґd like to start like a full jedi, then you discover new powers... Of course you shold be able to decide or to know about your past, not know all by plot revelations.
 vader815
11-15-2005, 12:03 PM
I think it would be cool if Kotor 3 was a continuation of Kotor 2. Like if, somehow you could upload your character from Kotor 2 into Kotor 3 and continue playing. Or if you didn't play Kotor 2 you could start a new game as a prestige class, aboard the Ebon Hawk after you have defeated Darth Traya from Kotor 2.

Yeah i would like that to happen
 ilwugoalie
11-15-2005, 12:46 PM
for the Third game Jedi is the way to go... the previous two games both started out the same way.... you were a Jedi, lost your powers/ forgot who you were/ tunred your back on the force and you start rebuilding. Also with the way TSL ended, it would seen to be the right way to go (I mean with following threw right from the end of TSL). I will be very dissapointed if we start out AGAIN as someone who will find/regain there use of the force.

Dont get me wrong, i'll be buying it no matter what. I just think to end trilogy (if that indeed happens) then need to continue the story in the tradition of the movies ... 4,5,6
 DarthSion101
11-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I would like to start out as a sith, that would make things a little more interesting
 IndianaSolo
11-15-2005, 4:11 PM
I was wondering if K3 will start out like K1, as being a normal person, or as a jedi.

Actually that's a bit misleading because, technically, you weren't just a normal person in K1. You just didn't know it at the beginning.

As far as my choice, I'd go with just joe average. That could be a jedi or non jedi, but as long as he's not the "chosen one".
 ilwugoalie
11-15-2005, 4:29 PM
As far as my choice, I'd go with just joe average. That could be a jedi or non jedi, but as long as he's not the "chosen one".

If we do end up starting as an average guy, I dont want them to find out they are a Jed/Sith.... maybe have this character looking for the Jedi/Sith, and when you find him/her, they are then your primary character. :vsd:
 RaV™
11-15-2005, 4:32 PM
Well I voted for Jedi, but it would be fun to work your way up as some guy, but I like being a Jedi from the start to end.
 Vladimir-Vlada
11-15-2005, 5:28 PM
but as long as he's not the "chosen one".
I am sorry, but I don't think that your wish won't be granted. As far as I see it, they weren't aiming towards standards... Neither of the developers (neither Bioware nor Obisidian).
 The Doctor
11-15-2005, 7:14 PM
I would like to start out as a common soldier, scout, or scoundrel (just like the beginning of KotOR), then become a Jedi later.
If we do start as a Jedi, however, I think we should start out as an actual Jedi, not some broken down ex-Jedi who doesn't even have a lightsaber.
 IndianaSolo
11-15-2005, 7:16 PM
I am sorry, but I don't think that your wish won't be granted. As far as I see it, they weren't aiming towards standards... Neither of the developers (neither Bioware nor Obisidian).

I know that. But the topic was what do I want to start as, not what do I think the developer will make me start as.

*I* don't want to play as a chosen one character. I want to be an average joe who just happens to be thrust into an above average situation.
 ilwugoalie
11-15-2005, 7:39 PM
I would like to start out as a common soldier, scout, or scoundrel (just like the beginning of KotOR), then become a Jedi later.
If we do start as a Jedi, however, I think we should start out as an actual Jedi, not some broken down ex-Jedi who doesn't even have a lightsaber.

This is exactly what I would not want to see. if this indeed happens, its just recycling the first game, and to a certaine degree TSL. If the Character isnt a Jedi at the start of the game, LEAVE IT AT THAt. Like I said before, I'd like to see the Forceless character find, or be found/joined by the Jedi/Sith. :duel:

But, whatever happens, happens and upset or not we will all get over it and have a great time playing the game
 Jackel
11-15-2005, 9:44 PM
Idealy a nice idea ofprogression could be :normal, jedi, prestige class

But seeing thats not likely to happen: Jedi
 Soogz
11-15-2005, 10:16 PM
I actually would like a continuation of Kotor 1, but hey that's just me.
 ilwugoalie
11-15-2005, 11:58 PM
at this point I would be happy if they would just continue with either story instead of barely having anything to do with the previous the TSL did
 spinkle
11-16-2005, 12:42 AM
definitely jedi. failing that, an extremely minimal amount of time spent as a non-jedi. my first playthrough of KotOR 1 was spoiled by having 8 of my 20 levels wasted as a soldier.
 Darth Ducky
11-16-2005, 9:18 PM
exile's new padawan.
 ilwugoalie
11-16-2005, 9:42 PM
A Padawan would be a good way to start....
 Manny C
11-17-2005, 5:11 AM
hmm fable style? interesting
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-17-2005, 9:57 AM
Skills, feats, and powers should be earned. That's what the XP are for.

However, perhaps starting off force sensitive might be OK.

Who the heck wants to start off midway through the game?
...it's all about how we get there. Choices and character development.
I don't want a character that's already developed. That's my job, my fun.
 ilwugoalie
11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Skills, feats, and powers should be earned. That's what the XP are for.

However, perhaps starting off force sensitive might be OK.

I can understand wanting to develope your own character, but starting out as a normal being is how we have done it in the first two games. More so in the first than the second. at least in TSL we had some capabilities.

I'm not saying that being without the power to start the game is wrong. It's just that we have started two games that way. I would like to see them come up with something new, that isnt Cheezy or lame, to start the next game. Being Force sensative would be a good place to start :duel:
 Prime
11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
If the game is going to be about being a Jedi, then the player should start out as a Jedi. But I would also be keen about playing a character that is some other archtype and not a Jedi at all.
 JediMaster12
11-18-2005, 1:57 PM
I picked starting out as a Jedi but it doesn't matter how it starts, I'm still going to buy it anyway
 Darth InSidious
11-18-2005, 5:47 PM
A Jedi. More specifically, Revan.
 Sabretooth
11-19-2005, 6:52 AM
Jedi, because it would seem stupid to have 'some guy' become a Jedi just because he is force-sensitive. Bioware managed to make a cheeky excuse by saying that your character was Revan, but doing that again will the game to cliched. Besides, strating off as a Jedi will also give you more Force powers. :)
 Jeff
11-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Definitely Jedi.
 Hallucination
11-19-2005, 12:58 PM
definitely jedi. failing that, an extremely minimal amount of time spent as a non-jedi. my first playthrough of KotOR 1 was spoiled by having 8 of my 20 levels wasted as a soldier.
I guess you haven't done what me and my bro did a few times did you? We used Carth, mines, planning, grenades, and the easy mode to get to the jedi council at lvl 2. Then we get a lot of force powers.
 Engma48
11-19-2005, 8:04 PM
i think the game should start as a person and then you can become a jedi if you choose to.

starting as a jedi with no force powers like in kotor II, i mean you can only say that he was cut off from the force. and thats already been done. you can only do it so many times....
 ilwugoalie
11-19-2005, 9:00 PM
i think the game should start as a person and then you can become a jedi if you choose to.

Become a Jedi if you choose?? if your going to play KoTOR for any other reason but to be/become a jedi, then you should wait for another Battlefront game to come out. these games are about Jedi/Sith, they are the point of playing :sithk:
 Engma48
11-19-2005, 9:24 PM
i meant no offense by that, i am just saying that would add more gameplay and possible differnt storylines, its not that i dont want to be a jedi, i know thats the point of the game and i love being a jedi but after you play the same storyline over and over it gets rather repetative, i just wanted to add a new storyline thats all.
 Manny C
11-19-2005, 10:12 PM
engma has a good point, you didn't start as a jedi in KOTOR 2 per se, you conveniently had no powers or connection to the force, thats hardly a jedi.

I think if we're gonna start as jedi, start fresh out of an academy or as a padawan or something so you can justify force powers at level 1. Or have some sort of interactive character creation thing a bit like the jedi trials in kotor 1 except do them at the start of the game.
 Engma48
11-19-2005, 10:20 PM
i agree with manny's idea, but maybe not take the trials right away, maybe have to follow your master on a quick mission for the first planet of the game... then take the trials.
 ilwugoalie
11-19-2005, 10:35 PM
i meant no offense by that, i am just saying that would add more gameplay and possible differnt storylines, its not that i dont want to be a jedi, i know thats the point of the game and i love being a jedi but after you play the same storyline over and over it gets rather repetative, i just wanted to add a new storyline thats all.

No Offense taken, but its a little late to start changing the storyline, Star Wars movie, books etc. are primarely trilogies. granted the KOTOR title will go on with other RPG's, (at least this is the concencious of most of us from a few other threads) but this third KoTOR is most likely to continue, and conclude KoTORI & II.

engma has a good point, you didn't start as a jedi in KOTOR 2 per se, you conveniently had no powers or connection to the force, thats hardly a jedi.

your giong to the furthist extreme saying you have no powers, since I remember still being on the station and having the ability to force heal. you have no powers for maybe your first hour of game play.

Personally, if they use the same old... first you dont have them, then you realize your a Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith with the powers ( in any form... meaning some randome soldier, dancer, thief...... that low and behold suddnely has the ability to feel and use the force. It will be recycling the previous pott lines. they need to come up with something new...

I probably wouldn't buy it, but if they were to make your character with no foce capabilities throughout the entire game. I would respect that... not using the same tired start we've seen in the first two :smash:
 Engma48
11-19-2005, 11:31 PM
i didnt mean that you just magically learn to use the force and i didnt mean that you wouldnt have force powers at all, i simply meant that at some point early in the game you could train as a jedi (if you wanted to) or if you wanted to make the game a little more challenging and alter you characters story you could stay non-jedi. and when you said that the movies and everything were primarily trilogies. i dont understand what you mean, the whole star wars universe is one whole story, all the parts like the movies, and books and such just connect the story together.
 ilwugoalie
11-20-2005, 10:42 AM
and when you said that the movies and everything were primarily trilogies. i dont understand what you mean, the whole star wars universe is one whole story, all the parts like the movies, and books and such just connect the story together.

The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin, The Lando Calrissian Adventures by L. Neil Smith (trilogy), The Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley (Trilogy), The Bounty Hunter Wars by K.W. Jeter, The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn, The Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, The Corellian Trilogy by Roger MacBride Allen, The Dark Nest Trilogy by Troy Denning.

Star Wars IS one big story, but if you look at how this story is putt together you see that most of your Chapters telling these stories are trilogies..movie 1, book 1 game 1 the beginning.... Episode 1 Phantome Menace, Episode 4 a new hope.... Episode 2 CLone Wars, EPisode 5 Empire Strikes Back the body/deeper plott.... Episode 3 revenge of the Sith, Episode 6 Return of the Jedi... Conclusion

Here's a Link where you can see all the books that have been printed
http://www.theforce.net/books/reviews/novels_chrono.asp)

Ande here is one of the threads that Discusses this being the last KoTOR.... specifically the ind of the Revan Saga/Trilogy
"Last" KotOR? :syoda:
 Engma48
11-20-2005, 12:10 PM
ah i understand what you mean now and you are correct.
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 7:09 PM
It doesn't matter to me how it starts just as long as you are a Jedi, travel to different planets and somehow ties in Revan and the Exile.
Page: 1 of 1