Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Family relations in KotOR III?

Page: 1 of 1
 Amor
11-11-2005, 8:24 AM
What do you think about family relations?

By that I mean, that the Main Char could be Revans or Malaks son, father or something like that.

I personally think this would be a good idea. A quite new SL, but still strong relations to the earlier KotOR games.
 Alkonium
11-11-2005, 8:30 AM
You mean, that the player-character is the son/daughter of Bastila and Revan/Revan and Carth?
 Ztalker
11-11-2005, 8:31 AM
One word: NOOOOOOOO

Almost every game goes about you being 'The One' and 'Legendary.'
Beiing the son of a legendary jedi means that you can force choke your babysitter, levitate your food etc. (****ty humor, sorry)

Personally, i would like to see a storyline in wich you actually have to work to be strong, and you are a mere side-person. To a bigger storyline. Like the Half Life felling, if you see what i mean. I think that's why people like that kind of games (Fable, Half Life) that much. You just start as a no-one, and became legendary by what you DO.

Sorry if this sounded a bit negative, but it's just my opinion...
 Prime
11-11-2005, 9:41 AM
One word: NOOOOOOOI couldn't have put it better myself. :)
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Pretty much what Ztalker said. I like the "no one" to "someone" idea, that would work.

But Makak or Revan or Carth or Bastila's child? NOOOOOOO..... Some of them could even be dead.
 Amor
11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Hehe alright, I get it, bad thread:-P
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 1:13 PM
Not a bad idea; But it has been suggested before, and it just wouldn't work quite right :D.
 kookaburra
11-12-2005, 3:23 AM
a no-body would be a perfect answer. It would just be good if you have no relations and you just work your way up from bottom to top.
 Manny C
11-12-2005, 5:31 AM
the "unlikely hero" is just as cliched as the "destined one"
 Aurora Merlow
11-12-2005, 6:50 AM
the "unlikely hero" is just as cliched as the "destined one"

very good point. Eg Hobbits in Lord of the rings

And destiny is a very big part of all star wars movies. Anakin destined to bring balance to the force, then Luke destined to confront his father. Not sure if i'd prefer it but i wouldn't mind it if it were to happen
 Hallucination
11-12-2005, 2:23 PM
What do you think about family relations?

By that I mean, that the Main Char could be Revans or Malaks son, father or something like that.

I personally think this would be a good idea. A quite new SL, but still strong relations to the earlier KotOR games.
So when Malak wasn't torturing innocents, killing jedi, draining the force, lead and empire, and plotting against the Republic he went around to bars looking for love? No thank you, it just wouldn't work. Besides then your family will be like "Go outside and stay out in the sun for a while, your pale as a ghost" when you're DS.
 Manny C
11-12-2005, 7:13 PM
yep malaks son definately wouldnt work.

Revan/Bastila's COULD, but i doubt they'd do that just because its somewhat predictable, if they tried to use it as a plot twist all the old fans would see it coming miles away.

They need to try something new imo. While i would of course like to be Revan again, i dont think thats going to happen, but who says family relations can't be in your party? I seriously thought carth's son would be in your party in kotor 2, i reckon its a good idea, cause hes a force sensitive character (trained with the sith for a bit).
 Aurora Merlow
11-13-2005, 8:02 AM
I agree, but the only problem is that i'm pretty sure he could be dead as if you don't persuade him back in Kotor you have to kill him. Not 100% about that, correct me if i'm wrong
 Manny C
11-13-2005, 8:05 AM
no thats true, but i think for the sake of the game they could forfeit that and assume he was persuaded.
 Darth n00b
11-13-2005, 8:08 AM
Who need's sons when they have brothers/sisters?
Leaves less complicatins plus it seams more realistic.
Besides, we don't have to go so far into the future for that...
 Hallucination
11-13-2005, 1:20 PM
^^Good point, who needs the future anyway? ;). Don't correct me, I know what you meant and I was only joking. Good idea.
 Ztalker
11-14-2005, 2:36 PM
Sorry i couldn't respond any faster...

Off course you are right about 'no-one' is a cliche too, but it's more believable, and it will make an even better gameplay.

All i mean to say, people want to 'become' a hero, not start as one. I think that's why we loved Kotor 1 that much. You start with a little sword or gun, and the Sith are hunting you. You struggle to become strong.

I think that's why Fable get's great reviews everywhere, while it is incredibely short etc.

Being a Jedi Master from the start won't work in my opinion.

PS: I never said this thread was bad, it was a great suggestion.
 Lady Vader
11-14-2005, 3:48 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind playing as Revan again in KotOR III, perhaps accompanied again by some of the original crew members who are now older and wiser....just a thought. :animelol:
 The Doctor
11-14-2005, 5:08 PM
^No. That has been argued over to death, and, fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your opinion) won't happen. Sorry.
I don't think playing as the family member of any of the past characters would be a good idea at all. I don't know why exactly, I just think it's a bad idea.
 Lady Vader
11-14-2005, 5:37 PM
^No. That has been argued over to death, and, fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your opinion) won't happen. Sorry.
Oh I know it will never happen, but hey, I can dream can't I? :smash:

I don't think playing as the family member of any of the past characters would be a good idea at all. I don't know why exactly, I just think it's a bad idea.
I think we would all be best served with a brand-new character and story.
 Hallucination
11-14-2005, 7:21 PM
^and with HK in your starting party
 The Doctor
11-14-2005, 7:37 PM
^YES! I HATED HAVING TO SEARCH THE GALAXY FOR PARTS TO FIX HK! I ONLY GOT TO USE HIM FOR THE LAST FEW LEVELS!
Make him part of the beginning party. Let him have his memory back. All of it. Let him try to kill you so he can search for Revan or something. Just put him in the starting party.
 Hallucination
11-14-2005, 9:32 PM
Make HK your nanny-droid who regains his memory and tries to kill your parents for making him wear a french maid outfit. :D
 Ztalker
11-15-2005, 9:21 AM
Statement: Sir, you should finish that toast now, and do your homework!
 OptimalOptimus
11-21-2005, 1:21 AM
anyone Else hated Bastila ????? she talked WAY too much , i think it's an ok idea
 Manny C
11-21-2005, 2:56 AM
lol nah Bastila was great, really fun to annoy.
 Prime
11-21-2005, 10:02 AM
I loved Bastila. I thought she was a great character. Plus, she luuurved me...
 JediMaster12
11-21-2005, 11:56 AM
lol nah Bastila was great, really fun to annoy.

Yes, especially as the male PC.

Statement: Bastilla is one you want to terminate but one you want to keep
Irritated Statment: She is annoying
Query: Any other comments?
 Liit Orda
11-30-2005, 9:51 AM
I think there should be more of a chance to screw up in this game though. Like in all the other games if you needed to do something you did it. I was thinking more of a 'if you need to do something and screw up', it changes the game mechanics a bit.

Like collecting the materia in FFVII. If you messed up retrieving it on the train, you'd blow up North Corel and all the people there would hate you, but if you saved it they'd give you stuff. Things like that'd be cool.

Kinda like a more in depth version of Manaan kicking you off their planet.
 JediMaster12
11-30-2005, 8:14 PM
That is like Manaan, however the real question is if the new PC should or would be related to PC's from the previous two?
The Answer: to complicated I'm leaving to get some juma juice
Page: 1 of 1