Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

weird fonts

Page: 1 of 1
 ronstew
03-28-2001, 1:01 AM
The fonts in my cockpit are screwy. Hard to read. Missing bits. This with an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon. Up-to-date drivers.

Is this a known problem?

Ron
 JSuire81
04-07-2001, 3:41 AM
I'm having this same problem. I've got a RADEON 32MB DDR that came with my Dell. I've e-mailed ATI more times than I can count on this, and they either tell me to download drivers that no longer exist or don't e-mail me back at all (except for automatic replies). I'm pretty frustrated myself. If you come up with anything, please e-mail me at JSuire81@yahoo.com. Thanks!

John Suire
 K_Kinnison
04-07-2001, 1:48 PM
try doing a re-intsall of the game from the CDs

It is a problem with one of the DAT files
 JSuire81
04-08-2001, 9:46 PM
OK. Reinstalled XWA (with and without the 2.02 patch) but it's still messed up. Any other suggestions?
 Gold leader
04-11-2001, 7:23 AM
From what I can tell, XWA doesn't like new drivers.
You could try and adjust the resolution to improve the fonts.
 Defiant
04-19-2001, 5:10 PM
Go to Control Panel, Display, Settings tab, and access the advanced properties. Select the Direct3D tab and enable "Alternate Pixel Center" OK through all of those dialogs and then fly again. That should fix the problem.

------------------
- Defiant
Defiant's Flying Temple (http://www.flyingtemple.com)
 JSuire81
04-19-2001, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the help! The crazy text is fixed, but I'm still getting a REALLY choppy framerate (I've got a Pentium III 1Ghz and LOTS of RAM). Is this related, and if so, anyone know how to fix it?

John
 mishary
04-22-2001, 12:13 PM
Hi, I have the same problem as many of the guys with the HUD display being messed up all over the screen like the shields and the radar screens.

I looked for the "Alternate Pixel Center" setting and couldn't find it. I have a Voodoo5, and the Advanced button gives me a screen with 8 tabs one of which is "3dfx advanced features", and under it is Direct3D, under that there are many sub-trees but I couldn't find that setting.
 Defiant
04-26-2001, 8:56 PM
The "Alternate pixel center" option is for Radeon cards only.. I'm not sure about the Voodoo cards, but I think it has to do with it misinterpreting the texture coordinates for the letters.

JSuire81: Do you have 3D audio enabled? Try switching it off.
 JSuire81
04-30-2001, 2:53 AM
Thanks for all the help! Finally got it running great. I forgot how much fun this game was. Thanks again!
Page: 1 of 1