Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Random Order in IA (Instant Action)

Page: 1 of 1
 010_sWitch_010
11-09-2005, 6:08 AM
I was wondering if there is a way to randomize the order of maps in Instant Action. I know you can do it in multiplayer and you could do it in the previous game. Is there some hidden way to randomize the single player maps lists that i haven't found or did the developers miss that feature.
 MachineCult
11-09-2005, 9:02 AM
I always used to randomize the map list in SWBF1 I was a bit annoyed when that feature wasn't included. (assuming I haven't just missed it somewhere.)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-09-2005, 7:00 PM
Yes...there is no random button. Which I find quite annoying.
 010_sWitch_010
11-10-2005, 12:20 AM
which is stupid considering they have it in multiplayer. why not in singleplayer?
 MandaloreBIC
11-10-2005, 12:51 AM
i never used it in the 1st game, so it doesn't particually bother me, but i paid good money for this!!!
we diserve it!
<-O@-> (the tie bomber)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I doesn't make sense that it would be in Multiplayer and not in Single-player....btw nice sig. MandaloreBIC.
 Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 2:06 PM
AH, you message is FALSE!! You (don't) think his sig is ugly!!(just look at his sig, it say's yours is false!)
 zerted
11-10-2005, 7:00 PM
AH, you message is FALSE!! You (don't) think his sig is ugly!!(just look at his sig, it say's yours is false!)
What MandaloreBIC really needs to do is swap the two messages around so it reads as follows:

the message below me is false
the message above me is true

Ooo, paradoxical :blast5:. ("message" meaning the statement of text right above or below)
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-10-2005, 7:06 PM
*thinks*....that was the point....
 Daddyboom
11-12-2005, 8:33 PM
when i used the random button, all i could play was Mos Eisley for some reason?
 MachineCult
11-13-2005, 7:08 AM
when i used the random button, all i could play was Mos Eisley for some reason?

What?
 Daddyboom
11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Maybe i hit the wrong button
 010_sWitch_010
11-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Just an update, sorry if this is old news. I've figured out how to get random order in the Single Player Instant Action, on my PC version at least.

Go into "Multiplayer" and click on "Create." Then in the host options turn the random map order option on. The go back into Instant Action and select maps, change game mode settings and whatever. Then when you click launch the maps chosen should be playable in random order. It's like the host options of multiplayer are kept into single player as well.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Just an update, sorry if this is old news. I've figured out how to get random order in the Single Player Instant Action, on my PC version at least.

Go into "Multiplayer" and click on "Create." Then in the host options turn the random map order option on. The go back into Instant Action and select maps, change game mode settings and whatever. Then when you click launch the maps chosen should be playable in random order. It's like the host options of multiplayer are kept into single player as well.

Well, at least you have it for PC. Unforunately, I can't find a way to play IA with the Random button. :(
Page: 1 of 1