Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Death of GMax?

Page: 1 of 1
 cchargin
11-09-2005, 2:52 AM
Hello all,

I did a search for this here, but I did not find any hits. I also don't recall seeing a post about this.

It looks like GMax is getting axed:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=5562445&siteID=123112)

For the time being you can still download it at:

http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax)

Moderators, should this be posted at Holowan also so that all modders are aware?
 Darth InSidious
11-09-2005, 9:16 AM
O_o
I wonder why?
Do they think it's detracting from sales of 3dsmax? Cuz at the price they charge, verry little is going to increase sales IMHO....
 Darth333
11-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I updated the link in the tools sticky a few weeks ago.

It looks like the abandonment of Gmax has something to see with the recent purchase of Alias (who made Maya) by Autodesk.
 Darkkender
11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
This is not surprising in the least bit. I guess this is further motivation to get copies of 3ds Max for I and my friend/business partner for our development of a video game.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
11-10-2005, 2:21 AM
I haven't used it much, and don't know it really well, so are there any related downloads that I wouldn't have gotten with it, that aren't going to be available, or is it just the main program?
 Renegade Angel
12-09-2005, 8:22 PM
That sucks. i'm gonna go get it from TurboSquid before they decide to remove it from there too.
 Darth_Luminus
10-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Before Gmax has it's last meal, can someone tell me how to export my models as mdl's.

TWENTY-ONE GUN SALLUTE!
:launcher:

One, Two, Three. Okay, Siece Fire! Are you smilies Listening?

*I appologize to any war veterains and anyone else that reads this post. It isn't funny is it.*
*I also appologize for my BAAAAAD spelling.*
 Darth333
11-03-2006, 2:11 PM
Before Gmax has it's last meal, can someone tell me how to export my models as mdl's.
Did you read the readme that comes with mdlops?
 Darth-Meatbag
12-07-2006, 9:41 PM

TWENTY-ONE GUN SALLUTE!

One, Two, Three. Okay, Siece Fire! Are you smilies Listening?

*I appologize to any war veterains and anyone else that reads this post. It isn't funny is it.*
*I also appologize for my BAAAAAD spelling.*

That was only seven guns :P.

ONTOPIC: Sad sad sad, SAAAAD, this is what I used for Warcraft 3 Modeling
:(::: . Warcraft map makers are going to fall down and die... Lol

~Darth-Meatbag
 jezter
02-07-2007, 3:52 AM
you can download it here

Download Gmax Here (http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=7091&catid=438)
 Dark_Jedi
11-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Can modders replace it with milkshape?
Its not free but its got a low price. I've been wondering this for a while.
 Angelus6
03-27-2008, 3:33 AM
you could just go with Blender seeing as its a little harder, but has extensons for .mdl and plugins for all max extensions

f you can flearn to use it that is, cos blender is a nightmare if you havent read tutorials
Page: 1 of 1