Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lasers

Page: 1 of 1
 BattleDamage
11-08-2005, 8:46 PM
It's probably pretty trivial, but i dont like the way they styled the lasers in the game. The front ends seem to bulge, unlike the sleek lasers from the movies. Yeah, I know, its pretty stupid, but its been bugging me.
 GhOsT-Jedi
11-08-2005, 9:02 PM
Keep in mind the game isn't finished. and its not stupid. star wars games have to keep it like the movies to keep the fans happy most the time.
 Jeff
11-08-2005, 9:57 PM
I guess I never noticed...
 Jan Gaarni
11-09-2005, 12:52 AM
The "lasers", which arn't really lasers per say, in the movies also bulge abit.

Why? Because they are bolts, not a stream.
The longer the tail, the more powerfull the gun that fired it.
 DarthMaulUK
11-09-2005, 7:45 AM
Interesting this. If you notice in Revenge Of The Sith, some ships just fired a long bolt of laser. Also, there was a lot of focus on the damage and debris flying around, which we hadn't really seen before.

I wonder how this will be achieved in EaW, if at all

DMUK
 Jeff
11-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Interesting this. If you notice in Revenge Of The Sith, some ships just fired a long bolt of laser. Also, there was a lot of focus on the damage and debris flying around, which we hadn't really seen before.

I wonder how this will be achieved in EaW, if at all
It will be interesting to see how they do this. I wonder if they will just do explosions, or have greater detail in the debris like you suggested.
 Sithxace
11-09-2005, 4:13 PM
only thing i know is the ground vehicles in E2/E3 had a long beam, and they were like the most powerful guns..... Then in the original trilogy theres 2 types of lasers, the regular lasers then the turbolasers
 Jan Gaarni
11-09-2005, 4:20 PM
Plus the super laser, which also is a long beam. :)

I'm talking about ship weapons here though.
 ukas
11-10-2005, 7:21 AM
the long beams seen ion ep 3 might be from the republic venator class star destroyers hangar bays when they use SPHA-T walker. according to EU in description of venator that is possible, to fire from the hangar bays. but I might be wrong. the beams in trailers look like projectile in a way because they are so bulky.
 DarthMaulUK
11-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Interesting that ukas. However i doubt that will happen in game, unless its something that automatic when you enter combat. I really cant wait to try out the new 'Battle Cam' that allows you to take the view of the movie and fly around watching all the lasers.

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1