Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

An entirely different kind of foe...

Page: 1 of 1
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-08-2005, 1:32 PM
Along with newer, and more uniquely upgradeable robes, armor, equipment and weapons, I believe Kotor III should have a new twist to this storyline.

All great stories have a beginning, conflict(s), climax(es), and resolution.

Perhaps, on the main character's journey through this one, He/She could encounter a whole new, strange race of beings that somehow aren't affected by force powers. This could introduce a whole new planet and set of characters.
If done correctly, these beings could show up at unopportune times in the story to either help or thwart the main character's progress, or run off into a whole other sub-plot altogether.

This could occur for either light or dark side choices. This way you have to use your alliances with others or other skills besides the force to complete some of the objectives.

I'm brand new here and I wonder what you all think.
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 1:55 PM
Didn't I just say WELCOME TO LUCASFORUMS!!!!!!!

No, no Yuuzhan Vong. Maybe it won't be like the Vong, but still, the idea smells Vong-ish. While I want some twists, you can go too far. We don't need to re-invent Star Wars, or make up some super race that is super evil and is super hard to beat. While I think that we are probably going into the Uknown Regions and we are going to meet other cultures, civilizations, races, etc., I don't think we need a new super race. Stick with the things that have been really good, maybe bring back some old enemies, delve into the secrets of the Sith, or the Krath, or some other evil in the SW universe, but don't make up a whole new super-race.
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-08-2005, 1:59 PM
No one said anything about a super race. Just a different kind of being that hasn't been seen before.

Have you seen a Vong before, no.
You just read about them. In game play it increases your options and changes the flavor.

Open your mind young padawan.
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 2:16 PM
No one said anything about a super race. Just a different kind of being that hasn't been seen before.

But that is what it would be. You said "foe," therefore meaning enemy, an enemy that can't be harmed by the force. So, that means they would be a super enemy, one that would be quite difficult. The Jedi use the force a lot. No force-using against them, combined especially with that they would probably be hard enemies, means kind of a "super race."

Have you seen a Vong before, no.
You just read about them. In game play it increases your options and changes the flavor.

First of all, are you telling me that I have never seen one? If so, I have. I have read about the Vong. And are you sure that it would increase options and change the flavor? While we need some original ideas, this actually isn't very original. Look at EU stuff, some of the bad stuff in there is dealing with a new, exotic race that is an enemy, and is hard to beat because of some special thing. That is why I was using the Vong, although you could use others.

Open your mind young padawan

Ha ha ha :rolleyes:.... Why does all of a sudden people say that somebody who disagrees with them has a closed mind? How about you think seriously about what this might do, and what these "super/new/etc. races" (or whatever you want to call them, I was just using that term super) have done for other games/books/whatever. Personally, I just don't like it. I might be wrong about what I said above, but that is just based on what I've seen.
 The Doctor
11-08-2005, 4:27 PM
No. A bunch of Yuzhan Vong rip-offs running around the galaxy isn't a good idea.
 Hallucination
11-09-2005, 12:22 AM
A different kind of foe needs a different kind of NO. Although they should add some unique flavour to the races, immunity to the force is gonna be unfair. Especially for consulars. Be aware of the balance, young padawan, or you will find your enemy has the higher ground. ;)
 DarkExcalibur42
11-09-2005, 2:50 AM
a whole new, strange race of beings that somehow aren't affected by force powers.

The Doc said it first, Yuzhan Vong = icky
*EDIT: I screwed up. The Doctor said it before me RobQel-Droma said it first*

Someone beat you to it and made an extra-galactic race of force-immune baddies in the New Jedi Order book series. Personally I feel the Yuzhan Vong don't have the true star wars flavor.

But anyhow, us Jedi Consulars would be completely SoL vs a race of force-immunes, like hallucination said.
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 10:12 AM
The Doc said it first, Yuzhan Vong = icky

Thats not true, I said it first :D.

But yeah, especially with people who rely on force powers. Just like Hallucination said, it has already been done. As I said, it isn't very original.
 Amor
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
I agree with RobQel-Droma as well. A super-non-force-sensitive-race would mess up the whole SW setup, and the Jedi would be quite defenseless, and would die.

So, thanks, but no thanks for that idea :)
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 10:45 PM
*EDIT: I screwed up. The Doctor said it before me RobQel-Droma said it first*

Now you see the light. I am always right and before everyone! :worship: Bow down before me! Muwhahahaha.....
 Amor
11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Heheheee, wacko :)
 RobQel-Droma
11-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Heheheee, wacko :)

Boy, I have been getting lots of complements today. I am just overpowered by your kindness :lol:... :D I am so glad to be called a wacko. Just a little bit before I was called a super nerd, that is two complements in one day! Still- bow down before me! :worship:
 Amor
11-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Hehe, no offence my friend, I was just kidding.
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Hehe, no offence my friend, I was just kidding.

I know, it is okay. I am wacko enough to like being called a wacko; as long as it isn't just plain flaming of course. :D
 Prime
11-11-2005, 10:01 AM
a whole new, strange race of beings that somehow aren't affected by force powers. Nothing more fun than a game about Jedi and cool force powers that you can't use.

No thanks...
 JediMaster12
11-11-2005, 1:29 PM
Now you see the light. I am always right and before everyone! :worship: Bow down before me! Muwhahahaha.....

Yeah sure but I sense a disturbed mind in you. Your reasoning is sound. I would like to see a new race but not one that is immune to force powers. That's what the Will Saves are for. If you think you can tell a Jedi Watchman to bow to your seemingly superior intellect, think again. I'd challenge you to a sparring duel session before that. :lsduel:

Good points made about the Vong.
 JediMaster12
11-11-2005, 1:30 PM
Nothing more fun than a game about Jedi and cool force powers that you can't use.

No thanks...

That's what will saves and defense rolls are for. :smash:
 RobQel-Droma
11-11-2005, 2:17 PM
We are talking about species that are immune to the force. They don't have defense or will saves, they are naturally immune.

EDIT: After reading your last posts, I challenge you to a duel too. Lets... ****!!! KotOR I isn't multiplayer. Oh well, the duel will have to wait.

As far as defense and will saves, we are always coming upp against that against dark Jedi. If we are going to just say that, then why create a whole new species? Every race has that, and dark Jedi have that too, it is nothing new. You said that we should just make one that is not force-immune but has defense and will saves, everybody has that. I don't understand the point of that post I guess.
 TreeX
11-12-2005, 1:21 PM
Ick hate the Yuuzhan Vong and anything remotely tro do with it... poor chewwie and Anakin T_T. oh yes before i forget... I like cheese!

Anyway what would be the point of Force-immune species in game? Oh great I have a huge number of pwnage Force Powers that I cant use! pointless if u ask me. :smash:
 DarkExcalibur42
11-12-2005, 3:53 PM
one that is not force-immune but has defense and will saves, everybody has that. I don't understand the point of that post I guess.

maybe he meant we shouldn't need a new race of force immunes. people with defense and will saves are nuisance enough...? that would make more sense
Page: 1 of 1