Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

boarding action!

Page: 1 of 1
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 11:42 AM
i want to know what the boarding action is like. (what i mean by boarding action is when you land in the enemy ship and try to take it over)
 zerted
11-08-2005, 12:11 PM
It depends on who is on the server. You fly in and land. Run up a set of stairs and through a door. In the main room there are turret posts you can get in and control the captial ship's external turrets. The turret mainframe is in the center of the room. It takes two time bombs to blow it up. There also two auto turrets in the room. Three smaller rooms are off the main room. They contain the bridge, shield generator, and propulsion system.

You can land any ship into the enemy hanger and you can steal their ships too. They respawn pretty fast, so if the type you want isn't there you normally don't have to wait long.

Sometimes people will notice you landing and go after you. Other times, if they are too busy attacking your captial ship, you can seank on their's and cause a lot of damage.

Timebombs cause a lot more damage than rockets.
 mattwild
11-08-2005, 3:14 PM
Since you can disable autoturrets by blowing up the autoturret controls and disable shields by attacking the shield generator, do enemy units take damage when you blow up the life support systems? Thinking like when you run outside on Polis Massa...
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 5:02 PM
ill have fun
 zerted
11-08-2005, 6:17 PM
...do enemy units take damage when you blow up the life support systems?
No. It would be nice if blowing up other ship systems affected other things in the game, but it doesn't.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:19 PM
i think you should be able to alter a ships course or take it over and use it for ur team if you can eliminate every enemy soldier onboard.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:21 PM
is it possible to land on someone?
 MachineCult
11-08-2005, 6:49 PM
What do you think deamonomic?
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:52 PM
honestly i dont know. in some games they will just push you out of the way so therfore i dont know.
 MachineCult
11-08-2005, 6:57 PM
Well they don't push you out of the way in SWBF1 do they? You got trampled by an ATRT, that didn't get pushed out of the way did it? Think about it.
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 6:59 PM
well i mean landing is diferent. the game takes control of pulling you down to the ground. but then your in a ground vehicle your controling its every move,
 MachineCult
11-08-2005, 7:02 PM
Alright! Jesus, yes you can land on people.

It's not an incredibly clever thing to do though is it?
 zerted
11-08-2005, 7:03 PM
If would be funny if the AT-AT was pushed aside if it tried to step on someone. Then again, you might be able to use this to your advantage. With a little team work, the empire can stand in the path of the AT-AT and get it 'pushed' along the map faster.

Too bad it doesn't work that way. Vehicles crush units. Vehicles resist landing on each other. I don't remember if units can walk on other units (think of a person being on top of a moving invisible spy...) but I don't think they can in SWBF2. In SWBF1 they could.
 JawaJoey
11-08-2005, 7:07 PM
CS style stacking would be awesome. Especially with Bothans on bottom. Hehehe...
 deamonomic
11-08-2005, 7:08 PM
i was just wondering lmao
 mattwild
11-10-2005, 11:43 AM
One irritating bug: In my Xbox version (single player), as soon as I land a transport, one of my allies jumps in it and flys it into the hangar wall... So much for better AI.
 deamonomic
11-10-2005, 12:11 PM
lmao!!!!!!!!!!! thats funy. ive experienced a bug in the demo. dont know if its in the real game. i landed in the cis hanger and you know the ships turents? they shot me. they shot me while i was in the hangar!
 Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 1:49 PM
Through the wall action? LOL.
As the Empire, you can land outside the hanger and walk outside!
 deamonomic
11-10-2005, 5:36 PM
glitches are fun lol. but i hoped out and died instantly because i was bombarded.
 ParanoidAndroid
11-10-2005, 6:07 PM
Man, I was kind of dissapointed with the boarding action on the game, instead of the boarders fighting with defenders amongst the corridors and rooms of the ships it's basicly a mad rush to shoot the one annoying pilot before he plants to many time bombs, or to run and place a time bomb before you are inevitably shot down...
 zerted
11-10-2005, 6:45 PM
Yea, my first though when I heard about space maps was where you would land on the enemy ship and capture CPs inside of it to win the battle.

You would battle in space to get to the enemy ship. Then you would battle in the hanger for the hanger CP which spawns the space ships. Next you would move into the ship and fight your way to its control center.

Of course the real SWBF2 space maps are nothing like this.
 deamonomic
11-10-2005, 6:54 PM
aww :( that sounds horrible. i want a big battle.
 Daddyboom
11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
I thought that there would be like 3 command posts in a ship, hangar, bridge, and engine. That would be sweet, and you could actually capture them.

It also sucks that there is only one main ship you can land in. Even though space batlle above Corosant has 2, but thats only in the demo.
 RaV™
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
When I had played the demo version this was a really nasty bug, I would land in an enemy's hangar and as soon as I would get out I FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR AND OUT OF THE SHIP!..and died, but It only happend once..thank god.
 zerted
11-14-2005, 1:21 AM
...I FELL THROUGH THE FLOOR AND OUT OF THE SHIP!..and died, but It only happend once...
That happens in the game too. If a vehicle spawns on you, it pushes you under.
 MandaloreBIC
11-14-2005, 2:20 AM
yes, acutally is you and a teammate in BF2 walk in the same direction at the same speed, and your on his head, you can techinally go forver like that...
 PoiuyWired
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Since you can disable autoturrets by blowing up the autoturret controls and disable shields by attacking the shield generator, do enemy units take damage when you blow up the life support systems? Thinking like when you run outside on Polis Massa...

Well then it would be unfair, remember Droids can run outside Polis Massa happily :)
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 7:59 PM
Yeah, thats stupid because sometime the colne do that and die, costing me points.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 8:11 PM
Yeah, thats stupid because sometime the colne do that and die, costing me points.

Then don't go outside....that's common sense.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:25 PM
My guys do for some reason, i dont

Also, just be an engineer and use the health ammo wiesely and you can get across
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 8:29 PM
Well, honestly, that's just stupid. I'd just go around the facility from the inside. Also, if the Clones do tat then command them to follow you or you'll be losing alot of battle if they do that constantly.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:35 PM
the engineer trick work and is a good way to get to there command post if you need to
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 8:38 PM
But, then again, there is a reason for the sprint ability. TO get to your destination quicker. And yes you could do that with an Engineer outside of Polis Massa. But, my point is that you can use the sprint ability to get to the enemies command post quicker.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:40 PM
nah, you die too fast, sprint with an engineer
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 8:42 PM
nah, you die too fast, sprint with an engineer

That's what I said. But, why do that (besides getting to the enemies command post)? Just more risky killing yourself.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 8:44 PM
that's what the health/ammo bot in the hangar is for!
 deamonomic
11-27-2005, 2:38 PM
ive actualy foudn that it is more dangerous to stand there then it is to just get the ammo and run... even though there is that heakth bot the auto turrents take ur health down faster then it can heal.
 zerted
11-27-2005, 2:48 PM
Stand between the door and the wall. The ammo/health droid will heal you through the wall and you won't be within range of the turrets.
Page: 1 of 1