Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Permanent Bonuses

Page: 1 of 1
 mattwild
11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
I keep seeing on this forum mention of when you have enough medals the bonus stays permanently. I can't see anything like this in my manual (Xbox version), so could anyone enlighten me?
 zerted
11-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Once you win an award 64 times, it becoms permanate in single player mode.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-07-2005, 1:26 PM
I don't really like the fact that they are permanent. I makes the levels to easy once you recieve the bonus.
 Darth Covetous
11-08-2005, 9:04 AM
Wow, I was wondering if they'd actually become permanent. That could potentially make the game very boring.
 Redtech
11-08-2005, 9:51 AM
Wait, you have to earn them first. Can you get the pistol one (kill 9 people without dying) 64 times?
 zerted
11-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Wait, you have to earn them first. Can you get the pistol one (kill 9 people without dying) 64 times?
Earning the weapon upgrades are harder than the other bonuses. I have over 270 endurances. Once you earn over 64 War Heros, its not too much of an effort to get the weapon upgrades. All your shots are twice as powerful and you take half the damage. You can stay alive much longer.

Yes, its not good to earn permanate awards.
 JawaJoey
11-08-2005, 7:13 PM
What I'm not looking forward to is permanantly unlocking the Elite Rifle. I prefer the normal one. I like that the Elit is powerful, but it only fires in burst, which I don't like as much and I'm not as effective with it. And that's the weapon award I get most often by FAR.

About the permanence, can't you just create a new profile and have all your awards disappear? I know that's not ideal, but it's not like you're stuck playing better forever, or even forced to reinstall.
 zerted
11-08-2005, 7:25 PM
...About the permanence, can't you just create a new profile and have all your awards disappear? I know that's not ideal, but it's not like you're stuck playing better forever, or even forced to reinstall.
Yea you can, but I like having my overall stats. Its not important to anything, but I like seeing how many times I've earned something or what my death/kill ratio is. I don't see a big deal adding in a choice to turn them off in a game. Its just one more if statement in the game code, and a few more for the GUI.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-09-2005, 6:57 PM
Same.....I like to know how many kills I have and Player Points...stuff like that.
 PoiuyWired
11-10-2005, 4:21 AM
Can you turn of some of your Perm bonus??
Also, the Pistol bonus is not too good... sure you are more powerful, but now you get an ammo count, kinda annoying if you want to camp forever and snipe with it.

Also, if you start off with your basic weapon even if you get perm ELITE weapons. If you switch weapon your gun will become ELITE. so you can still use regular version of the guns, except pistol. I hope they have the option table to turn of individual bonuses. I like my ELITE shotgun, but not the pistol.

On the side, How do you earn the rocket launcher bonus? I found a great map to camp it, but can't find the spot on a CIS AAT TANK. Yes, its Polis Massa, where both sides use AAT, and if you play as CIS, you can walk out the astroid surface to shoot tanks, and clone soldiers won't be around to annoy you, clones take massive constant damage when outside the space station.
 zerted
11-10-2005, 5:04 AM
You can spam the AAT tank with standard blaster shots until you find the weak point. Your hit indecator will look different.
 Darth Alec
11-10-2005, 9:05 AM
The "hit the mark" thing in the middel will be forked on the sides if you hit the good spot. But try at the back, it's usually there.
 pntbllrspdr
11-14-2005, 10:05 PM
when u unlock the permanent award rifle, u still have to change weapon to it right? so u could still use normal...
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 10:52 PM
If you have the permanent bonus for the Elite Rifle, you always have for every weapon the is considered to be a blaster rifle. Basically all units primary weapons ,with the exception of Rocket Launchers and EMP Launchers.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 11:40 PM
awards are the best
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 11:42 PM
But...eventually it makes the game to easy. And in my opinion makes the game boring. So, that's when I have to create a new username.
 Daddyboom
11-14-2005, 11:50 PM
not if you go online
 MandaloreBIC
11-15-2005, 1:47 AM
i know! the weapon upgrades are so hard, currently i have 396 endurances, and 234 guardians, 76 war heros and stuff, but only 17 percision pistol and 1 demolition!!!! (and it's 6 kills in one life with pistol, not 9)
it may sound easy, but it's very very heard to stay alive for the duration of the tiem nessary to get the award....
by the way, the cirital spot, is hecka heasy to it on the ATT, it's that BIG BIG BIG hatch on the botton behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-15-2005, 1:13 PM
not if you go online

Not everyone has the access to online...especially thouse how have consoles and don't have a network adaptor.

i know! the weapon upgrades are so hard, currently i have 396 endurances, and 234 guardians, 76 war heros and stuff, but only 17 percision pistol and 1 demolition!!!! (and it's 6 kills in one life with pistol, not 9)
it may sound easy, but it's very very heard to stay alive for the duration of the tiem nessary to get the award....
by the way, the cirital spot, is hecka heasy to it on the ATT, it's that BIG BIG BIG hatch on the botton behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed many people have much more awards then me....probably due to the fact that I don't play as much as most people, though I still have quite a significant amount awards. IMO, it's not that hard to stay around or a certain duration of time for most awards. There is only awars I have yet to achieve is the demolition award.
 Redtech
11-16-2005, 6:06 AM
The easiest way to get awards is not to play seriously. Just set up Hoth or Geonosis with no AI to practice demolitions, for example. If you're good at bombing, then space levels are excellant for getting all the way up to "War Hero". Kamino is good for sniping as the rebels vs Imps, because the bots tend to stand still and don't fire at you ver agressively.
 PoiuyWired
11-16-2005, 1:45 PM
Well, playing AI with the right weapon on the right level makes you get bonuses fast: Here are some clues, I will post a nice list later:
1) ALWAYS turn FF OFF, turn it OFF. Yes, Friendly Fire = OFF. Shooting your guys kinda reduce chance of award.
2) More AI players are better, but not too much. AI numbers of 20-24 per side is good.
3) Things are slow at start-up and towards the end, so increase reenforcement numbers, 250ish is good, but can be more.
4) Key to getting Awards is to maintain a constant situation at choke points, that means ton't go overboard on shooting and let your team take over.
5) Switch teams if necessary. FOllow up on point no. 4.

OK, good levels to use, and what for:
1) Kamino:
Play GCW(CW is bad cause you can't kill droidekas too quickly, and chainguns ruins killstreaks).
Great map for snipering, and rifle training, pistol training too.
Keep the fighting at the central platform, always snipe the gunners(great sniping targets) Also good for war hero. I can get like 10+ sniper awards per game on 300 re per side.

2) Polis Massa:
As CIS ONLY
Car-Jacking Haven, and demolition haven. In Space, no one can hear you acream, and clones won't be running around outside stopping your car jacking.
Also good for shotguns, rifles, and war hero. Just stand right outside the garage door forcefield, slide in and fire, then slide out. You won't get hurt with the infinite force field!! To get war hero, drive tank and shoot down the corridor.

3) Hoth
Imperials:
War Hero feast with ATAT, you get them quick.
Rebels:
Tank Busting ... yay.
 PoiuyWired
11-16-2005, 1:52 PM
oh, Tantive 4 is good for guns in the middle room, camp near the Health Droid. Its a natural cover+ health camp spot.
 zerted
11-16-2005, 2:17 PM
I find space maps good for the pistol award. Board the enemy ship and stay in one of the subsystem rooms. Shoot any spawning droids. The AI doesn't attack you when you are in one of their ship turrets (at least they haven't attacked me yet). Use this to your advantage. If there are too many bots in the main room, jump in a turret and wait until they leave. You can also jump around from seat to seat and get across the room faster.

Another place to get kills is in the hanger. Use the fighters as cover and shoot the bot before they get into their vehicles. It is possible to slice into a fighter before the bot leaves the hanger. If you don't think you will be able to slice into the fighter, place a time bomb on it. The ship will blow up when it leaves the hanger. Easy way to get War Hero too.
 Darth Alec
11-16-2005, 2:45 PM
Nice tactics.
 Ryozan
11-16-2005, 3:06 PM
But can you perm unlock hero's?
 MachineCult
11-16-2005, 4:38 PM
No you can't Ryozan.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 11:05 PM
I wish you could reset your awards after you have achieved all the awards permantently.
 Daddyboom
11-28-2005, 11:12 PM
I wish you could reset your awards after you have achieved all the awards permantently.

Yeah because then you have to start a new profile i you want a fair game. The awards are also annyoning, esspecially the endurance that make the beeping sound. The only thing they are useful for is multiplayer or online if you have it.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I just don't want to create a new user profile. I like to keep track of my statistics.
 Redtech
11-29-2005, 5:53 AM
Wait, how the fung are people getting all the awards? I mean, some of them are not exactly easy. If you have the madskills to hit the critical point of a vehicle 4*64 times. Then why moan when you have "ultra gonk camping" missiles? Also, how many people are patient enough to get technecian, so on and so on...

I'd say, instead of a toggle to permantly disable awards, put that you can choose which ones are active, but if you gain one, then it's stored on profile, just not used if it isn't an active one.
 deamonomic
11-29-2005, 11:23 AM
(and it's 6 kills in one life with pistol, not 9)

i have noticed that the number changes. cause at one point it said i needed 32 points for a war hero. then later it said 27
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-29-2005, 1:39 PM
Wait, how the fung are people getting all the awards? I mean, some of them are not exactly easy. If you have the madskills to hit the critical point of a vehicle 4*64 times. Then why moan when you have "ultra gonk camping" missiles? Also, how many people are patient enough to get technecian, so on and so on...

I'd say, instead of a toggle to permantly disable awards, put that you can choose which ones are active, but if you gain one, then it's stored on profile, just not used if it isn't an active one.

I like that idea. If I were to choose which awards I would wanna reset, I'd choose the Elite Rifle and the Endure, War Hero awards. Those are too easy to achieve. The other awards I have at most 5 of them. Like I have yet to achieve the awards for the sniper and the Demolition troopers. I have like five presicion pistols and 4 technician awards. But being, some awards are easy to achieve than others. SO your idea would wok perfectly in that sense.
 droidekaslayr
11-29-2005, 4:14 PM
PoiuyWired nice tactics :blaze6:
 Redtech
11-30-2005, 7:57 AM
Agreed. I tend to prefer geonosis for the Rockets award though, and pick on the AT-TE.

One thing that does frustrate about Battlefront, is that unless you're gaining a higher than 10:1 kill ratio, all defeats are going to be because your teamates suck.

It's probably why the award weapons are so important, because they actually make it shifted to your favour more, because you end up doing all the work anyway. It's nice to have an uphill stuggle, but sometimes I'd like to be in a sneraio where I could go "Damn, these guys are smart!" Rather than getting killed by zerg rush strategies (which is the only way the AI can kill). Oh well, to BF3...
 PoiuyWired
11-30-2005, 3:11 PM
Well, in space you don't need a high kill ratio, you just need to destroy important things. I usually have a ratio lower than 1:2 in space maps, but I win every time, almost.

Well, you can either go for hi kill ratio, or get a few grunts and go CP stealing. Computers have a preset order on CP hunting. If you hit one of their CP at the back, chances are they will never try to get them back. Yes, that means you go the other way around, and while the whole drama takes place computer rees are getting depleted.
 Redtech
12-01-2005, 7:16 AM
You know, perhaps they need to through in a "wild" card, make the AI a bit spontaneous. Maybe I just hate the AI, who knows? ;)

Yeah, in space, as long as you wipe out the frigates you're well on your way there. It's the best way to get Endurance, Guardian and War Hero.
 Darth Covetous
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
BTW, what does the award shotgun do? I've gotten it many times, but can't really tell what the benefit is?
 PoiuyWired
12-01-2005, 1:09 PM
Well, it does higher damage.
 Darth Covetous
12-01-2005, 1:51 PM
Thats it? I was hoping it would be more effective at range or something, but it doesn't seem to be. Higher damage on a gun that kills in one hit seems pretty useless to me...maybe I'm just weird.
 Redtech
12-01-2005, 1:59 PM
Higher ammo (6 shots per clip) longer range, more "flechettes". Although flechettes are modified bullets/shells that discard most of the excess weight in travel (so they go A LOT FASTER), so in reality, flechettes would be armour piercing and long ranging.
Page: 1 of 1