Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Emergency! Help a poor soul!

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkSithProphet
01-16-2001, 5:17 PM
Heya

As of late I've gotten the notion and desire to reinstall XWA into my hard drive because I miss SW Gaming, and was eager to see how the game would perform on my Creative Labs 3d Blaster Annihilator Pro(Geforce DDR) card and asked my bro to install 1 of the 2 joysticks for me to use with the game.

Then, of course, a problem arises.

My Computer tells me that the joystick is 'not connected', when in fact it is.

The Joystick's I have are both by Interact

The Newest One, the Replacement for the other joystick that decided it would just spin my ship around in flight sims from now on, is a Interact Performance PC Mission (a cheap stick, about 10 bucks I think)

It has 2 axis, and 2 Buttons on the stick itself.

The Other, that decided it would lose its calibration on me and spin me in games, is a Interact PC Commander Plus ( 20-30 bucks I think)

It has 4 buttons on the top, a fire button beneath the top where your index finger goes
Y and X axis controllers and an Autofire and another button at the base of the stick.

Both of these I get the same 'not connected' message.

I'm pretty sure both of them are Gameport.

As for my soundcard, I'm using a Creative AWE64 (Soundblaster 16 Compatible)

For the rest of my system specs:
Dell Dimension XPS D-300
300 mhz Pentium II
64 MB Ram
3d Annihilator Pro Geforce DDR Card
and the afore-mentioned sound card..

I need some help guys, as I wanna get back into the XWA community and universe. A Big thank you goes out to anybody in advanced if they know how to solve my problem..

What is wrong with my joysticks? Both have not been used in a very long time, and the PC Commander Plus problem was recent as I remember Playing X-Wing Alliance perfectly with this joystick..

And if it is a problem with the joysticks, can anyone recommend a good all around joystick for me to buy..?
 SadShadow
01-16-2001, 7:12 PM
i use Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro
it works great
http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
"Im becoming less human..."

SadShadow
The Lone Shadow Wing
 SWIV
01-19-2001, 6:22 AM
Yeah the MS Precision Pro is the gamers standard for most. My question for DarkSith is, Is your system USB? or the sticks USB compatable?

[This message has been edited by SWIV (edited January 19, 2001).]
 Sakaki
01-22-2001, 11:45 PM
That's not good. I had the same problem for awhile with my Logitech Wingman Attack.

Here's what I did:

Go to the Control Panel and then Game Controlers. Click Advanced.

Then, under the Port Driver Assignment, changed it to Standerd Gameport (it was on none). Then X'd 'Poll with Interupts Enabled'.

Try that. If there is no Game Controlers thing, then you need to add one, but I forgot how. ^^'

That help?

------------------
I'm new at this. Bear with me if my questions are odd...
 Neezo
01-31-2001, 5:40 AM
I have no problems at all with XWA or Tachyon:The Fringe. I could be that you have an irq prob or that if you have installed drivers for both your joysticks, that you have a cross linked file. Try to run Scandisk, this usually fixes those kinds of problems. If not, try to unistall the drivers for the joysticks, and install the drivers again for the best joystick.

You could also try to buy a Hammerhead FX or a MS joystick. The Hammerhead FX has not given me any probs at all in the afore mentioned games. I also have a Wingman Extreme witch the primary fire button has screwed up big time (IT DOESN'T WORK http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/eek.gif) http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/eek.gif) ). All of what I have said should work, if not contact LucasArts with your problem.

[This message has been edited by Neezo (edited January 31, 2001).]
 docrodg
01-31-2001, 10:16 PM
Make sure your gameport is functioning. The driver may not have been installed. Go to the control panel and then the system icon. Scroll down the device list and click on sound and game controllers. You should see the gameport. Highlight it and click properties and scroll through the tabs. Look for conflicts and if there are none click new driver on the drivers tab.
 Expert Rookie
02-03-2001, 8:08 PM
Ignore that faggot SadShadow... all he does is brag about how great his sorry computer is. He deserves to be spanked.
Page: 1 of 1